- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of feedback word
- noun feedback Electronics. the process of returning part of the output of a circuit, system, or device to the input, either to oppose the input (negative feedback) or to aid the input (positive feedback) acoustic feedback. 1
- noun feedback the furnishing of data concerning the operation or output of a machine to an automatic control device or to the machine itself, so that subsequent or ongoing operations of the machine can be altered or corrected. 1
- noun feedback a reaction or response to a particular process or activity: He got very little feedback from his speech. 1
- noun feedback evaluative information derived from such a reaction or response: to study the feedback from an audience survey. 1
- noun feedback Psychology. knowledge of the results of any behavior, considered as influencing or modifying further performance. Compare biofeedback. 1
- noun feedback Biology. a self-regulatory biological system, as in the synthesis of some hormones, in which the output or response affects the input, either positively or negatively. 1
Information block about the term
Origin of feedback
First appearance:before 1915
One of the 14% newest English words
First recorded in 1915-20; noun use of verb phrase feed back
Parts of speech for Feedback
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 93% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
feedback usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for feedback
- comment — If you comment on something, you give your opinion about it or you give an explanation for it.
- reaction — a reverse movement or tendency; an action in a reverse direction or manner.
- observation — an act or instance of noticing or perceiving.
- assessment — An assessment is a consideration of someone or something and a judgment about them.
- criticism — Criticism is the action of expressing disapproval of something or someone. A criticism is a statement that expresses disapproval.
- get in touch — make contact
- answer back — If someone, especially a child, answers back, they speak rudely to you when you speak to them.
- feel for — to perceive or examine by touch.
- get back to — resume
- counterclaim — a claim set up in opposition to another, esp by the defendant in a civil action against the plaintiff
Antonyms for feedback
- question — a sentence in an interrogative form, addressed to someone in order to get information in reply.
Top questions with feedback
- what is haptic feedback?
- which of these is an example of negative feedback?
- what is negative feedback?
- what is feedback?
- how to leave feedback on ebay?
- how to respond to negative feedback?
- what is positive feedback?
- what is positive feedback in biology?
- what is feedback inhibition?
- what is a feedback loop?
- which of the following is an example of positive feedback?
- how to edit feedback on ebay?
- how to change feedback on ebay?
- which type of feedback is more common in the body?
- what is the first step in the feedback control system?
- Words starting with f
- Words starting with fe
- Words starting with fee
- Words starting with feed
- Words starting with feedb
- Words starting with feedba
- Words starting with feedbac
- Words starting with feedback
- Words containing the letters f
- Words containing the letters f,e
- Words containing the letters f,e,d
- Words containing the letters f,e,d,b
- Words containing the letters f,e,d,b,a
- Words containing the letters f,e,d,b,a,c