Words ending with k
2 letter words ending with k
3 letter words ending with k
- ack — (military, now historical) The letter A as used in signalling and other types of communications.
- afk — away from keyboard
- ark — In the Bible, the ark was a large boat which Noah built in order to save his family and two of every kind of animal from the Flood.
- ask — If you ask someone something, you say something to them in the form of a question because you want to know the answer.
- atk — antitank
4 letter words ending with k
- a-ok — in perfect working order; excellent
- adak — an island in SW Alaska, in the Andreanof group of the Aleutian Islands.
- amok — a state of murderous frenzy, originally observed among Malays
- anik — one of a series of Canadian geosynchronous communications satellites that provide telephone and television transmissions.
- arak — city in WC Iran: pop. 331,000
5 letter words ending with k
6 letter words ending with k
- alcock — Sir John William. 1892–1919, English aviator who with A.W. Brown made the first nonstop flight across the Atlantic (1919)
- amalek — a grandson of Esau: Gen. 36:9-12
- amtrak — a government-owned organization providing intercity passenger railroad services in the US
- anorak — An anorak is a warm waterproof jacket, usually with a hood.
- arawak — a member of a South American Indian people living chiefly in NE South America and formerly in the West Indies
7 letter words ending with k
- achinsk — a city in the S central Russian Federation in Asia.
- ack-ack — anti-aircraft fire
- afognak — an island off southern Alaska, in the Gulf of Alaska, N of Kodiak Island. 721 sq. mi. (1867 sq. km).
- airlock — An airlock is a small room that is used to move between areas which do not have the same air pressure, for example in a spacecraft or submarine.
- airpack — an apparatus consisting of a face mask connected to a portable air supply, as an air tank that can be strapped to one's back, used especially by firefighters and search teams in areas of smoke, poisonous fumes, intense heat, etc.
8 letter words ending with k
- aardvark — a nocturnal mammal, Orycteropus afer, the sole member of its family (Orycteropodidae) and order (Tubulidentata). It inhabits the grasslands of Africa, has long ears and snout, and feeds on termites
- abelmosk — a tropical bushy malvaceous plant, Hibiscus abelmoschus, cultivated for its yellow-and-crimson flowers and for its musk-scented seeds, which yield an oil used in perfumery
- air-lock — to place in or confine to an air lock: to air-lock divers before they descend.
- airbrick — a brick with holes in it, put into the wall of a building for ventilation
- alchevsk — a city in E Ukraine. Pop: 117 000 (2005 est)
9 letter words ending with k
- afterdeck — the unprotected deck behind the bridge of a ship
- afterpeak — the space behind the aftermost bulkhead, often used for storage
- afterwork — outside work hours; taking place or done after one's regular job is finished.
- akmolinsk — former name of Akmola.
- amberjack — any of several large carangid fishes of the genus Seriola, esp S. dumerili, with golden markings when young, occurring in tropical and subtropical Atlantic waters
10 letter words ending with k
- adirondack — a member of an Algonquian people living mainly north of the St. Lawrence River.
- aftershock — Aftershocks are smaller earthquakes which occur after a large earthquake.
- aktyubinsk — city in W Kazakhstan: pop. 248,000
- almetyevsk — a city in the Tatar Republic, in the W Russian Federation in Europe, SE of Kazan.
- alpenstock — an early form of ice axe, consisting of a stout stick with an iron tip and sometimes having a pick and adze at the head, formerly used by mountain climbers
11 letter words ending with k
- apparatchik — An apparatchik is someone who works for a government or a political party and who obeys orders.
- arkhangelsk — seaport in NW Russia, at the mouth of the Northern Dvina River: pop. 407,000
- bandkeramik — the pottery of the early Neolithic Danubian culture of Europe, having characteristic parallel spiral lines over the body and neck of the gourdlike vessels and dated 5000–4000 b.c.
- bashibazouk — (in the 19th century) one of a group of irregular Turkish soldiers notorious for their brutality
- beaverbrook — 1st Baron, title of William Maxwell Aitken. 1879–1964, British newspaper proprietor and Conservative politician, born in Canada, whose newspapers included the Daily Express; minister of information (1918); minister of aircraft production (1940–41)
12 letter words ending with k
- back-to-back — Back-to-back wins or victories are victories that are gained one after another without any defeats between them.
- badger-skunk — Also called badger skunk, rooter skunk. a large, naked-muzzled skunk, Conepatus mesoleucus, common in the southwestern U.S. and Mexico, having a black coat with one broad white stripe down the back and tail.
- bashi-bazouk — a member of the notoriously brutal 19th-cent. Turkish irregulars
- battery-park — The, a park at the S end of Manhattan, in New York City.
- between-deck — 'tween deck.
13 letter words ending with k
- aleksandrovsk — a city in SE Ukraine, on the Dnieper River.
- anti-kickback — a percentage of income given to a person in a position of power or influence as payment for having made the income possible: usually considered improper or unethical.
- basement-rock — the undifferentiated assemblage of rock (basement rock) underlying the oldest stratified rocks in any region: usually crystalline, metamorphosed, and mostly, but not necessarily, Precambrian in age.
- chock-a-block — A place that is chock-a-block is very full of people, things, or vehicles.
- counterattack — If you counterattack, you attack someone who has attacked you.
14 letter words ending with k
- anti-bolshevik — a person who is opposed to Bolshevism
- anxiety-attack — an intense attack of anxiety characterized by feelings of impending doom and trembling, sweating, pounding heart, and other physical symptoms.
- black-on-black — concerning black people exclusively
- blankety-blank — damned
- clickety-clack — a rhythmic, swiftly paced succession of alternating clicks and clacks, as the sound produced by the wheels of a train moving over tracks.
15 letter words ending with k
- blagoveshchensk — a city and port in E Russia, in Siberia on the Amur River. Pop: 222 000 (2005 est)
16 letter words ending with k
17 letter words ending with k
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
19 letter words ending with k
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
On this page, we collect all words that ending in letter K. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 6025 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in K that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.