Words containing f, e
3 letter words containing f, e
4 letter words containing f, e
- beef — Beef is the meat of a cow, bull, or ox.
- cafe — A café is a place where you can buy drinks, simple meals, and snacks, but, in Britain, not usually alcoholic drinks.
- cerf — Bennett (Alfred) 1898–1971, U.S. book publisher, editor, and writer.
- chef — A chef is a cook in a restaurant or hotel.
- cife — Colleges and Institutes for Further Education
5 letter words containing f, e
- afire — If something is afire or is set afire, it is on fire or looks as if it is on fire.
- afore — before
- after — If something happens after a particular date or event, it happens during the period of time that follows that date or event.
- alfie — a male given name, form of Alfred.
- aslef — Associated Society of Locomotive Engineers and Firemen
6 letter words containing f, e
- a-life — Artificial Life
- aerify — to change or cause to change into a gas
- afeard — frightened; afraid
- affect — If something affects a person or thing, it influences them or causes them to change in some way.
- affine — of, characterizing, or involving transformations which preserve collinearity, esp in classical geometry, those of translation, rotation and reflection in an axis
7 letter words containing f, e
- a-frame — (of a house) constructed with an A-shaped elevation
- aberfan — a former coal-mining village in S Wales, in Merthyr Tydfil county borough: scene of a disaster in 1966 when a slag heap collapsed onto part of the village killing 144 people (including 116 children)
- acetify — to become or cause to become acetic acid or vinegar
- aelfric — ("Ælfric Grammaticus"; "Ælfric the Grammarian") a.d. c955–c1020, English abbot and writer.
- afeared — afraid.
8 letter words containing f, e
9 letter words containing f, e
- acre-foot — the volume of water that would cover an area of 1 acre to a depth of 1 foot: equivalent to 43 560 cubic feet or 1233.5 cubic metres
- affecters — to give the appearance of; pretend or feign: to affect knowledge of the situation.
- affecting — If you describe something such as a story or a piece of music as affecting, you think it is good because it makes you feel a strong emotion, especially sadness or pity.
- affection — If you regard someone or something with affection, you like them and are fond of them.
- affective — relating to affects
10 letter words containing f, e
- about-face — An about-face is a complete change of attitude or opinion.
- aeriferous — conveying air, as the bronchial tubes.
- affectable — having the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectedly — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectless — showing no emotion or concern for others
11 letter words containing f, e
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- advance-fee — money paid in advance, as for goods or services, to a commission agent or the like.
- affectation — If you say that someone's attitude or behaviour is an affectation, you disapprove of the fact that it is not genuine or natural, but is intended to impress other people.
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affectively — in an emotional manner
12 letter words containing f, e
- adventureful — an exciting or very unusual experience.
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- affectedness — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
- aforethought — premeditated (esp in the phrase malice aforethought)
13 letter words containing f, e
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
14 letter words containing f, e
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- afro-caribbean — Afro-Caribbean refers to people from the Caribbean whose ancestors came from Africa.
- afro-pessimism — the belief that the provision of aid to African countries is futile
15 letter words containing f, e
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
- autotransformer — a transformer in which part of the winding is common to both primary and secondary circuits
- butter-fingered — a person who frequently drops things; clumsy person.
16 letter words containing f, e
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
17 letter words containing f, e
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
18 letter words containing f, e
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- bottom-of-the-line — being the cheapest item of its kind made by a manufacturer; produced as inexpensively as possible (opposed to top-of-the-line): bottom-of-the-line merchandise that has no warranty.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
19 letter words containing f, e
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
- counter-reformation — the reform movement of the Roman Catholic Church in the 16th and early 17th centuries considered as a reaction to the Protestant Reformation
20 letter words containing f, e
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
22 letter words containing f, e
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, e
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
- chlorotrifluoroethylene — a colorless, flammable gas, C 2 H 2 ClF, that polymerizes to form oils, greases, and waxes.
24 letter words containing f, e
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words with F, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 30270 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.