Words containing fe
3 letter words containing fe
4 letter words containing fe
- cafe — A café is a place where you can buy drinks, simple meals, and snacks, but, in Britain, not usually alcoholic drinks.
- cife — Colleges and Institutes for Further Education
- dfee — Department for Education and Employment
- feal — Archaic. faithful; loyal.
- fear — a river in SE North Carolina. 202 miles (325 km) long.
5 letter words containing fe
- buffe — plate armor for the lower part of the face and the throat, used with a burgonet.
- chafe — If your skin chafes or is chafed by something, it becomes sore as a result of something rubbing against it.
- cuffe — Paul, 1759–1817, U.S. merchant, seaman, and philanthropist: advocated U.S. black emigration to Africa.
- defer — If you defer an event or action, you arrange for it to happen at a later date, rather than immediately or at the previously planned time.
- dyfed — a county in Wales. 2227 sq. mi. (5767 sq. km).
6 letter words containing fe
7 letter words containing fe
- afeared — afraid.
- agraffe — a fastening consisting of a loop and hook, formerly used in armour and clothing
- alewife — a North American fish, Pomolobus pseudoharengus, similar to the herring Clupea harengus: family Clupeidae (herrings)
- aquifer — In geology, an aquifer is an area of rock underneath the surface of the earth which absorbs and holds water.
- bluffer — good-naturedly direct, blunt, or frank; heartily outspoken: a big, bluff, generous man.
8 letter words containing fe
- afebrile — without fever
- affected — If you describe someone's behaviour as affected, you disapprove of the fact that they behave in an unnatural way that is intended to impress other people.
- afferent — bringing or directing inwards to a part or an organ of the body, esp towards the brain or spinal cord
- antilife — opposed to living in harmony with the natural order
- asfetida — asafetida.
9 letter words containing fe
- affecters — to give the appearance of; pretend or feign: to affect knowledge of the situation.
- affecting — If you describe something such as a story or a piece of music as affecting, you think it is good because it makes you feel a strong emotion, especially sadness or pity.
- affection — If you regard someone or something with affection, you like them and are fond of them.
- affective — relating to affects
- afterlife — The afterlife is a life that some people believe begins when you die, for example a life in heaven or as another person or animal.
10 letter words containing fe
- aeriferous — conveying air, as the bronchial tubes.
- affectable — having the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectedly — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectless — showing no emotion or concern for others
- affettuoso — with feeling
11 letter words containing fe
- advance-fee — money paid in advance, as for goods or services, to a commission agent or the like.
- affectation — If you say that someone's attitude or behaviour is an affectation, you disapprove of the fact that it is not genuine or natural, but is intended to impress other people.
- affectional — relating to or implying affection.
- affectively — in an emotional manner
- affectivity — of, caused by, or expressing emotion or feeling; emotional.
12 letter words containing fe
- affectedness — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
- after-effect — The after-effects of an event, experience, or substance are the conditions which result from it.
- amentiferous — bearing aments
- antifeminism — the opposition to feminism
13 letter words containing fe
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
- affenpinscher — a small wire-haired breed of dog of European origin, having tufts of hair on the muzzle
- aluminiferous — containing or yielding aluminium or alumina
- anti-feminism — the doctrine advocating social, political, and all other rights of women equal to those of men.
14 letter words containing fe
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- anti-fertility — of or relating to a substance that inhibits the ability to produce offspring; contraceptive.
- anti-infective — of or relating to a substance used in the treatment of an infection.
- antifederalist — a person who opposed the ratification of the Constitution in 1789 and thereafter allied with Thomas Jefferson's Antifederal Party, which opposed extension of the powers of the federal Government
- bottom-feeding — the activities of a bottom feeder.
15 letter words containing fe
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- cafeteria-style — set up to allow a variety of choices.
- cholecalciferol — a compound occurring naturally in fish-liver oils, used to treat rickets. Formula: C27H44O
- circumferential — of, at, or near the circumference; surrounding; lying along the outskirts.
16 letter words containing fe
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- cause-and-effect — noting a relationship between actions or events such that one or more are the result of the other or others.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
17 letter words containing fe
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- antiferromagnetic — noting or pertaining to a substance in which, at sufficiently low temperatures, the magnetic moments of adjacent atoms point in opposite directions.
- antiproliferation — opposing an increase in nuclear weapons, especially in allowing additional countries to obtain them.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
- dedifferentiation — the reversion of the cells of differentiated tissue to a less specialized form
18 letter words containing fe
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- de-differentiation — a process by which structures or behaviors that were specialized for a specific function lose their specialization and become simplified or generalized.
19 letter words containing fe
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
- cross-fertilization — fertilization by the fusion of male and female gametes from different individuals of the same species
- february-revolution — Also called February Revolution. the uprising in Russia in March, 1917 (February Old Style), in which the Czarist government collapsed and a provisional government was established.
20 letter words containing fe
- fermentation-alcohol — Also called ethyl alcohol, grain alcohol, ethanol, fermentation alcohol. a colorless, limpid, volatile, flammable, water-miscible liquid, C 2 H 5 OH, having an etherlike odor and pungent, burning taste, the intoxicating principle of fermented liquors, produced by yeast fermentation of certain carbohydrates, as grains, molasses, starch, or sugar, or obtained synthetically by hydration of ethylene or as a by-product of certain hydrocarbon syntheses: used chiefly as a solvent in the extraction of specific substances, in beverages, medicines, organic synthesis, lotions, tonics, colognes, rubbing compounds, as an automobile radiator antifreeze, and as a rocket fuel. Compare denatured alcohol, methyl alcohol.
21 letter words containing fe
- differential-quotient — something that has been derived.
On this page, we collect all words with FE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5294 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.