- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of accelerated word
- noun accelerated Simple past tense and past participle of accelerate. 1
- adjective accelerated Moving or progressing faster than is usual. 0
- adjective accelerated Happening sooner than expected. 0
Information block about the term
Parts of speech for Accelerated
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 93% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
Synonyms for accelerated
- faster — moving or able to move, operate, function, or take effect quickly; quick; swift; rapid: a fast horse; a fast pain reliever; a fast thinker.
- quicker — done, proceeding, or occurring with promptness or rapidity, as an action, process, etc.; prompt; immediate: a quick response.
- augmented — (of an interval) increased or expanded from the state of being perfect or major by the raising of the higher note or the dropping of the lower note by one semitone
- speeded — rapidity in moving, going, traveling, proceeding, or performing; swiftness; celerity: the speed of light; the speed of sound.
- hastened — to move or act with haste; proceed with haste; hurry: to hasten to a place.
Antonyms for accelerated
- retarded — characterized by a slowness or limitation in intellectual understanding and awareness, emotional development, academic progress, etc.
Top questions with accelerated
- what is accelerated reader?
- what is modified accelerated cost recovery system?
- what does accelerated mean?
- what is accelerated reading program?
- how to sign up for accelerated reader?
- what is accelerated motion?
- what is accelerated stability testing?
- what is accelerated motion in physics?
- how to do accelerated reader at home?
- how to pass accelerated reader test?
- what is an example of an accelerated depreciation method?
- what is accelerated nursing programs?
- what is accelerated depreciation?
- Words starting with a
- Words starting with ac
- Words starting with acc
- Words starting with acce
- Words starting with accel
- Words starting with accele
- Words starting with acceler
- Words starting with accelera
- Words starting with accelerat
- Words starting with accelerate
- Words starting with accelerated
- Words containing the letters a
- Words containing the letters a,c
- Words containing the letters a,c,e
- Words containing the letters a,c,e,l
- Words containing the letters a,c,e,l,r
- Words containing the letters a,c,e,l,r,t
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?