Words containing a, c, e, l, r
5 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- carle — Scot. a strong, robust fellow, especially a strong manual laborer. a miser; an extremely thrifty person.
- clare — a county of W Republic of Ireland, in Munster between Galway Bay and the Shannon estuary. County town: Ennis. Pop: 103 277 (2002). Area: 3188 sq km (1231 sq miles)
- clear — Something that is clear is easy to understand, see, or hear.
6 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- alerce — the wood of the sandarac tree
- calder — Alexander. 1898–1976, US sculptor, who originated mobiles and stabiles (moving or static abstract sculptures, generally suspended from wire)
- calker — a person who caulks the seams of boats or the like.
- caller — A caller is a person who is making a telephone call.
- calmer — without rough motion; still or nearly still: a calm sea.
7 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- acerola — a small tree or shrub, Malpighia glabra, that grows in the rainforests of N South America, Central America, and Jamaica
- aelfric — ("Ælfric Grammaticus"; "Ælfric the Grammarian") a.d. c955–c1020, English abbot and writer.
- arcella — a genus of freshwater, ameboid protozoa that secrete a hard, umbrellalike shell having a single opening through which the pseudopodia extend.
- article — An article is a piece of writing that is published in a newspaper or magazine.
- auricle — the upper chamber of the heart; atrium
8 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- acrolect — the most standard form of language
- acrolein — a colourless or yellowish flammable poisonous pungent liquid used in the manufacture of resins and pharmaceuticals. Formula: CH2:CHCHO
- acrylate — a chemical compound used in plastics and resins
- albacore — a tunny, Thunnus alalunga, occurring mainly in warm regions of the Atlantic and Pacific. It has very long pectoral fins and is a valued food fish
- alberich — (in medieval German legend) the king of the dwarfs and guardian of the treasures of the Nibelungs
9 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- accruable — having the ability to be accrued
- acellular — not made up of or containing cells
- acervulus — a small, asexual spore-producing structure produced by certain parasitic fungi on a host plant
- acheilary — having no labellum or lip, or one that is undeveloped, as in the flower of certain orchids.
- acropetal — (of leaves and flowers) produced in order from the base upwards so that the youngest are at the apex
10 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- acarpelous — without carpels
- accelerant — accelerating
- accelerate — If the process or rate of something accelerates or if something accelerates it, it gets faster and faster.
- accurately — free from error or defect; consistent with a standard, rule, or model; precise; exact.
11 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- acarpellous — (of flowers) having no carpels
- accelerando — (to be performed) with increasing speed
- accelerator — The accelerator in a car or other vehicle is the pedal which you press with your foot in order to make the vehicle go faster.
- accessorial — of or like an accessory; supplementary
- acculturate — (of a cultural or social group) to assimilate the cultural traits of another group
12 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accelerogram — a graphic record in chart form, produced by an accelerograph in response to seismic ground motions.
- accomplisher — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
13 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acne-vulgaris — an inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands, characterized by comedones and pimples, especially on the face, back, and chest, and, in severe cases, by cysts and nodules resulting in scarring.
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
14 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adrenocortical — relating to the adrenal cortex
- aeroballistics — the ballistics of projectiles dropped, launched, or fired from aircraft
- agrotechnology — the technology of agriculture, as the methods or machinery needed for efficient production.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
15 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- alsace-lorraine — an area of NE France, comprising the modern regions of Alsace and Lorraine: under German rule 1871–1919 and 1940–44. Area: 14 522 sq km (5607 sq miles)
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
16 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- alpha-tocopherol — Alpha-tocopherol is a form of vitamin E.
- ancienne-lorette — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada.
- anti-theoretical — of, relating to, or consisting in theory; not practical (distinguished from applied).
17 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-hierarchical — of, belonging to, or characteristic of a hierarchy.
- aristolochiaceous — belonging to the Aristolochiaceae, the birthwort family of plants.
- australopithecine — any of various extinct apelike primates of the genus Australopithecus and related genera, remains of which have been discovered in southern and E Africa. Some species are estimated to be over 4.5 million years old
18 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- anti-commercialism — the principles, practices, and spirit of commerce.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bromochloromethane — chlorobromomethane.
- campbell-bannerman — Sir Henry. 1836–1908, British statesman and leader of the Liberal Party (1899–1908); prime minister (1905–08), who granted self-government to the Transvaal and the Orange River Colony
19 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- auricular-appendage — Anatomy. the projecting outer portion of the ear; pinna. Also called auricular appendage. an ear-shaped appendage projecting from each atrium of the heart. (loosely) the atrium.
- auriculoventricular — atrioventricular.
20 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- boulogne-billancourt — an industrial suburb of SW Paris. Pop: 106 367 (1999)
- chevalier-montrachet — a white wine from Burgundy.
21 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- carboxymethylcellulose — a white, water-soluble polymer derived from cellulose, used as a coating and sizing for paper and textiles, a stabilizer for various foods, and an appetite suppressor.
- charleville-mézières — twin towns on opposite sides of the River Meuse in NE France. Pop: 55 490 (1999)
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
24 letter words containing a, c, e, l, r
- black-english-vernacular — Also called African American Vernacular English, African American English, Afro-American English, Black English Vernacular, Black Vernacular English.a dialect of American English characterized by pronunciations, syntactic structures, and vocabulary associated with and used by some North American black people and exhibiting a wide variety and range of forms varying in the extent to which they differ from standard English.
On this page, we collect all words with A, C, E, L, R. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 14765 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, C, E, L, R that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.