Words containing ac
2 letter words containing ac
- ac — AC is used to refer to an electric current that continually changes direction as it flows. AC is an abbreviation for 'alternating current'.
3 letter words containing ac
- ac- — ad-
- aca — Associate of the Institute of Chartered Accountants
- acc — Accident Compensation Corporation
- ace — An ace is a playing card with a single symbol on it. In most card games, the ace of a particular suit has either the highest or the lowest value of the cards in that suit.
- ach — an expression of surprise, impatience, disgust, etc
4 letter words containing ac
5 letter words containing ac
- abaca — a Philippine plant, Musa textilis, related to the banana: family Musaceae. Its leafstalks are the source of Manila hemp
- abaci — a device for making arithmetic calculations, consisting of a frame set with rods on which balls or beads are moved.
- aback — towards the back; backwards
- abaco — two islands (Great Abaco and Little Abaco) in the N Bahamas. 776 sq. mi. (2010 sq. km).
- ac-dc — sexually responsive to both men and women; bisexual.
6 letter words containing ac
- aachen — a city and spa in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia: the northern capital of Charlemagne's empire. Pop: 256 605 (2003 est)
- abacus — An abacus is a frame used for counting. It has rods with sliding beads on them.
- abbacy — the office, term of office, or jurisdiction of an abbot or abbess
- acacia — An acacia or an acacia tree is a tree which grows in warm countries and which usually has small yellow or white flowers.
- acadia — the Atlantic Provinces of Canada
7 letter words containing ac
- abacist — a person skilled in using an abacus.
- abreact — to alleviate (emotional tension) through abreaction
- abroach — (of a cask, barrel, etc) tapped; broached
- academe — The academic world of universities is sometimes referred to as academe.
- academy — Academy is sometimes used in the names of schools and colleges, especially those specializing in particular subjects or skills, or private high schools in the United States.
8 letter words containing ac
- abaculus — abaciscus.
- abrachia — the congenital condition of having no arms
- abstract — An abstract idea or way of thinking is based on general ideas rather than on real things and events.
- academes — the campus activity, life, and interests of a college or university; the academic world.
- academia — Academia refers to all the academics in a particular country or region, the institutions they work in, and their work.
9 letter words containing ac
- abaciscus — Architecture. a small abacus.
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- ablactate — to wean.
- academese — pedantic, pretentious, and often confusing academic jargon: a presumably scholarly article written in incomprehensible academese.
- academics — of or relating to a college, academy, school, or other educational institution, especially one for higher education: academic requirements.
10 letter words containing ac
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- about-face — An about-face is a complete change of attitude or opinion.
- abreaction — the release and expression of emotional tension associated with repressed ideas by bringing those ideas into consciousness
- abstracted — Someone who is abstracted is thinking so deeply that they are not fully aware of what is happening around them.
- abstractly — in an abstract manner, theoretically
11 letter words containing ac
- ablactation — the weaning of an infant
- abracadabra — Abracadabra is a word that someone says when they are performing a magic trick in order to make the magic happen.
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- abstraction — An abstraction is a general idea rather than one relating to a particular object, person, or situation.
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
12 letter words containing ac
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
- academically — in relation to an academy
- acanthaceous — of or relating to the Acanthaceae, a mainly tropical and subtropical family of flowering plants that includes the acanthus
- acceleration — The acceleration of a process or change is the fact that it is getting faster and faster.
13 letter words containing ac
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acatamathesia — the inability to understand what the senses detect, in particular conversation
- accelerograph — an accelerometer containing a pendulum device for measuring and recording ground motions produced by earthquakes.
- accelerometer — an instrument for measuring acceleration, esp of an aircraft or rocket
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
14 letter words containing ac
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- acanthocytosis — a condition characterized by large numbers of acanthocytes in the blood.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
15 letter words containing ac
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
16 letter words containing ac
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
17 letter words containing ac
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- anthracosilicosis — a form of pneumoconiosis occurring in miners, caused by the inhalation of coal and siliceous particles.
- anti-anaphylactic — exaggerated allergic reaction to a foreign protein resulting from previous exposure to it.
- anticlimactically — of, like, pertaining to, or expressing anticlimax.
19 letter words containing ac
- angels-on-horseback — a savoury of oysters wrapped in bacon slices and served on toast
20 letter words containing ac
On this page, we collect all words with AC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 15356 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.