Words ending with d
1 letter words ending with d
- b and d — bondage and discipline: used in reference to sadomasochistic sexual practices.
2 letter words ending with d
- bd — board
- attack ad — a public notice, such as a printed display or a short film on television, in which a political party criticizes or abuses an opponent
- banner ad — A banner ad is a large advertisement on a website that stretches across the top or down the side of the window. It usually contains a link to the advertiser's website.
3 letter words ending with d
- abd — all but dissertation: the stage at which a postgraduate doctoral student has completed the preparatory coursework and examinations for their doctorate, but has not yet completed a PhD dissertation
- add — ADD is an abbreviation for attention deficit disorder.
- aid — Aid is money, equipment, or services that are provided for people, countries, or organizations who need them but cannot provide them for themselves.
- amd — age-related macular degeneration
- and — You use and to link two or more words, groups, or clauses.
4 letter words ending with d
- abed — in bed; on a bed
- aced — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
- acid — An acid is a chemical substance, usually a liquid, which contains hydrogen and can react with other substances to form salts. Some acids burn or dissolve other substances that they come into contact with.
- adad — a coded card or other device that when inserted into a telephone allows the user to reach a number without dialing.
- adhd — ADHD is an abbreviation for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder.
5 letter words ending with d
6 letter words ending with d
- abased — (of a charge) lower on an escutcheon than is usual: a bend abased.
- abated — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abboud — Ibrahim [ib-rah-heem] /ɪb rɑˈhim/ (Show IPA), 1900–1983, Sudanese army general and statesman: prime minister 1958–64.
- abided — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- aboard — If you are aboard a ship or plane, you are on it or in it.
7 letter words ending with d
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
- abetted — to encourage, support, or countenance by aid or approval, usually in wrongdoing: to abet a swindler; to abet a crime.
- abfarad — the cgs unit of capacitance in the electromagnetic system; the capacitance of a capacitor having a charge of 1 abcoulomb and a potential difference of 1 abvolt between its conductors: equivalent to 109 farads
8 letter words ending with d
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abbassid — a member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled Baghdad ( a.d. 750-1258) and claimed descent from Mohammed's uncle, Abbas
- abhorred — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abounded — to occur or exist in great quantities or numbers: a stream in which trout abound.
9 letter words ending with d
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abrogated — to abolish by formal or official means; annul by an authoritative act; repeal: to abrogate a law.
- abscessed — a localized collection of pus in the tissues of the body, often accompanied by swelling and inflammation and frequently caused by bacteria.
- abstained — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
- acanthoid — resembling a spine; spiny
10 letter words ending with d
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- aboveboard — An arrangement or deal that is aboveboard is legal and is being carried out openly and honestly. A person who is aboveboard is open and honest about what they are doing.
- abstracted — Someone who is abstracted is thinking so deeply that they are not fully aware of what is happening around them.
- acclimated — Become accustomed to a new climate or to new conditions.
- accoutered — to equip or outfit, especially with military clothes, equipment, etc.
11 letter words ending with d
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- able-bodied — An able-bodied person is physically strong and healthy, rather than being weak or having a disability.
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- accentuated — to give emphasis or prominence to.
- accompanied — to go along or in company with; join in action: to accompany a friend on a walk.
12 letter words ending with d
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accommodated — to do a kindness or a favor to; oblige: to accommodate a friend by helping him move to a new apartment.
- accomplished — If someone is accomplished at something, they are very good at it.
- acculturated — Simple past tense and past participle of acculturate.
- acid-tongued — bitingly critical or sarcastic; sharp-tongued: a critic famous for his acid-tongued reviews.
13 letter words ending with d
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- administrated — to administer.
- allopolyploid — (of cells, organisms, etc) having more than two sets of haploid chromosomes inherited from different species
- almond-shaped — oval
14 letter words ending with d
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
- anti-apartheid — opposed to apartheid
16 letter words ending with d
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
17 letter words ending with d
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
18 letter words ending with d
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
19 letter words ending with d
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
20 letter words ending with d
On this page, we collect all words that ending in letter D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 24425 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.