- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of include word
- verb with object include to contain, as a whole does parts or any part or element: The package includes the computer, program, disks, and a manual. 1
- verb with object include to place in an aggregate, class, category, or the like. 1
- verb with object include to contain as a subordinate element; involve as a factor. 1
- noun include Comprise or contain as part of a whole. 1
- transitive verb include contain 1
- transitive verb include have as component 1
Information block about the term
Origin of include
First appearance:before 1375
One of the 22% oldest English words
1375-1425; late Middle English < Latin inclūdere to shut in, equivalent to in- in-2 + -clūdere, combining form of claudere to shut (cf. close)
Parts of speech for Include
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 86% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
include usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for include
- incorporate — to form into a legal corporation.
- receive — to take into one's possession (something offered or delivered): to receive many gifts.
- cover — If you cover something, you place something else over it in order to protect it, hide it, or close it.
- introduce — to present (a person) to another so as to make acquainted.
- add — ADD is an abbreviation for attention deficit disorder.
Antonyms for include
- subtract — to withdraw or take away, as a part from a whole.
- decrease — When something decreases or when you decrease it, it becomes less in quantity, size, or intensity.
- lack — deficiency or absence of something needed, desirable, or customary: lack of money; lack of skill.
- need — a requirement, necessary duty, or obligation: There is no need for you to go there.
- guess — to arrive at or commit oneself to an opinion about (something) without having sufficient evidence to support the opinion fully: to guess a person's weight.
Top questions with include
- what does amazon prime include?
- what to include in a covering letter?
- what to include in a cover letter?
- what to include in a resume?
- which property classification would include tools?
- what does detailing a car include?
- what does include mean?
- what should a covering letter include?
- which include the male and female sex cells?
- what does net worth include?
- what should a cover letter include?
- what does tax free weekend include?
- many fitness programs include weight training which?
- what does a physical include?
- why did metellus want to include cicero in the conspiracy?
- Words starting with i
- Words starting with in
- Words starting with inc
- Words starting with incl
- Words starting with inclu
- Words starting with includ
- Words starting with include
- Words containing the letters i
- Words containing the letters i,n
- Words containing the letters i,n,c
- Words containing the letters i,n,c,l
- Words containing the letters i,n,c,l,u
- Words containing the letters i,n,c,l,u,d