Words ending with de
2 letter words ending with de
- de — of; from: occurring as part of some personal names and originally indicating place of origin
- lafayette, marquis de — Marie Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier [ma-ree zhaw-zef pawl eev rawk zheel-ber dy maw-tyey] /maˈri ʒɔˈzɛf pɔl iv rɔk ʒilˈbɛr dü mɔˈtyeɪ/ (Show IPA), Marquis de. Also, La Fayette. 1757–1834, French soldier, statesman, and liberal leader, who served in the American Revolutionary Army as aide-de-camp to General Washington, and took a leading part in the French revolutions of 1789 and 1830.
3 letter words ending with de
4 letter words ending with de
- aide — An aide is an assistant to someone who has an important job, especially in government or in the armed forces.
- asde — Airport Surface Detection Equipment: a radar system that is used by aircraft controllers to assist in the safe manoeuvring of aircraft on the ground
- aude — a department of S France on the Gulf of Lions, in Languedoc-Roussillon region. Capital: Carcassonne. Pop: 321 734 (2003 est). Area: 6342 sq km (2473 sq miles)
- bade — Bade is a past tense of bid2.
- bede — Saint, known as the Venerable Bede. ?673–735 ad, English monk, scholar, historian, and theologian, noted for his Latin Ecclesiastical History of the English People (731). Feast day: May 27 or 25
5 letter words ending with de
- abide — to tolerate; put up with
- abode — Your abode is the place where you live.
- agade — a city on the Euphrates in N Babylonia, the centre of a major empire and civilization (2360–2180 bc)
- amide — any organic compound containing the functional group -CONH2
- anode — In electronics, an anode is the positive electrode in a cell such as a battery. Compare cathode.
6 letter words ending with de
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- abrade — To abrade something means to scrape or wear down its surface by rubbing it.
- accede — If you accede to someone's request, you do what they ask.
- acnode — a point whose coordinates satisfy the equation of a curve although it does not lie on the curve; an isolated point. The origin is an acnode of the curve y2 + x2 = x3
- alcade — a mayor having judicial powers.
7 letter words ending with de
- agamede — a daughter of Augeas noted for her skill at using herbs for healing.
- aggrade — to build up the level of (any land surface) by the deposition of sediment
- airside — the part of an airport nearest the aircraft, the boundary of which is the security check, customs, passport control, etc
- alamode — a soft light silk used for shawls and dresses, esp in the 19th century
- alcaide — the commander of a fortress or castle
8 letter words ending with de
- accolade — If someone is given an accolade, something is done or said about them which shows how much people admire them.
- actinide — a member of the actinide series
- adelaide — the capital of South Australia: Port Adelaide, 11 km (7 miles) away on St Vincent Gulf, handles the bulk of exports. Pop: 1 225 235 (2011)
- alcimede — the mother of Jason.
- aldehyde — any organic compound containing the group -CHO. Aldehydes are oxidized to carboxylic acids and take part in many addition reactions
9 letter words ending with de
- acaricide — any drug or formulation for killing acarids
- acetamide — a white or colourless soluble deliquescent crystalline compound, used in the manufacture of organic chemicals. Formula: CH3CONH2
- acetylide — any of a class of carbides in which the carbon is present as a diatomic divalent ion (C22–). They are formally derivatives of acetylene
- allemande — the first movement of the classical suite, composed in a moderate tempo in a time signature of four-four
- alongside — If one thing is alongside another thing, the first thing is next to the second.
10 letter words ending with de
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
- acrylamide — a chemical compound that forms in certain foods when exposed to high temperature
- almoravide — a member of a fanatical people of Berber origin and Islamic faith, who founded an empire in N Africa that spread over much of Spain in the 11th century ad
- anandamide — a naturally occurring endogenous cannabinoid neurotransmitter found in the brains of mammals and in small quantities in the cocoa bean
- antimonide — a compound of antimony
11 letter words ending with de
- acetanilide — a white crystalline powder used in the manufacture of dyes and rubber, as an analgesic in medicine, and as a precursor in penicillin manufacture. Formula: C6H5NHCOCH3
- acraldehyde — acrolein.
- anterograde — moving forwards, in the normal direction of flow
- anticathode — the target electrode for the stream of electrons in a vacuum tube, esp an X-ray tube
- arabinoside — a glycoside yielding arabinose when hydrolysed
12 letter words ending with de
- acetaldehyde — a colourless volatile pungent liquid, miscible with water, used in the manufacture of organic compounds and as a solvent and reducing agent. Formula: CH3CHO
- ambrettolide — a colorless liquid, C 16 H 28 O 2 , having a strong musky odor, used as a fixative in the manufacture of perfume.
- anisaldehyde — a colorless, oily, aromatic liquid, the para form of C 8 H 8 O 2 , having a vanillalike odor: used chiefly in the manufacture of cosmetics and perfume, and as an intermediate in organic synthesis.
- bacteriocide — Alternative form of bactericide.
- benzaldehyde — a yellowish fragrant volatile oil occurring in almond kernels and used in the manufacture of dyes, perfumes, and flavourings and as a solvent for oils and resins. Formula: C6H5CHO
13 letter words ending with de
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
- acetohexamide — (pharmaceutical drug) A sulfonylurea antidiabetic drug.
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
- allhallowtide — the season of All Saints' Day (Allhallows)
- allophanamide — biuret.
14 letter words ending with de
- aminoglycoside — of or relating to amino sugars in glycosidic linkage.
- benzosulfimide — saccharin.
- chlorothiazide — a diuretic drug administered orally in the treatment of chronic heart and kidney disease and hypertension. Formula: C7H6ClN3O4S2
- chlorpropamide — a sulfonylurea drug that reduces blood glucose and is administered orally in the treatment of diabetes mellitus. Formula: C10H13ClN2O3S
- crotonaldehyde — a whitish liquid with pungent and suffocating odor, C 4 H 6 O, soluble in water, used as a solvent, in tear gas, and in organic synthesis.
16 letter words ending with de
- benzotrichloride — a colorless or yellowish liquid, C 7 H 5 Cl 3 , used chiefly in the manufacture of dyes.
- benzotrifluoride — a colorless, flammable liquid, C 7 H 5 F 3 , used chiefly as an intermediate in the manufacture of dyes and pharmaceuticals, and as a solvent.
- chlordiazepoxide — a chemical compound used as a tranquillizer and muscle relaxant and in the treatment of delirium tremens. Formula: C16H14ClN3O
- cyclophosphamide — an alkylating agent used in the treatment of leukaemia and lymphomas
- d-glyceraldehyde — an isomer of glyceraldehyde in which the OH group is on the right side of the asymmetric carbon atom.
17 letter words ending with de
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- cardiac-tamponade — Medicine/Medical. the use of a tampon, as to stop a hemorrhage.
- dimethylformamide — a colourless liquid widely used as a solvent and sometimes as a catalyst. Formula: (CH3)2NCHO
- dimethylsulfoxide — DMSO.
- lipopolysaccaride — a molecule, consisting of lipid and polysaccharide components, that is the main constituent of the cell walls of Gram-negative bacteria
18 letter words ending with de
- carbonic-anhydride — carbon dioxide.
- dimethylsulphoxide — a colourless odourless liquid substance used as a solvent and in medicine as an agent to improve the penetration of drugs applied to the skin. Formula: (CH3)2SO
- lipopolysaccharide — any of a class of polysaccharides to which lipids are attached.
- mucopolysaccharide — (formerly) glycosaminoglycan.
19 letter words ending with de
- deoxyribonucleoside — a compound composed of deoxyribose and either a purine or a pyrimidine.
- deoxyribonucleotide — an ester of a deoxyribonucleoside and phosphoric acid; a constituent of DNA.
- hydrochlorothiazide — a crystalline, water-insoluble powder, C 7 H 8 ClN 3 O 4 S 2 , used as a diuretic and in the treatment of hypertension.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in DE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2310 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in DE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.