Words containing in
3 letter words containing in
- ain — a department in E central France, in Rhône-Alpes region. Capital: Bourg. Pop: 539 006 (2003 est). Area: 5785 sq km (2256 sq miles)
4 letter words containing in
- adin — advantage (def 5).
- agin — against
- ainu — a member of the aboriginal people of Japan, now mostly intermixed with Mongoloid immigrants whose skin colour is more yellowish
- akin — If one thing is akin to another, it is similar to it in some way.
- amin — Idi (ˈiːdiː). 1925–2003, Ugandan soldier; dictator and head of state (1971–79). Notorious for his brutality, he was overthrown and exiled
5 letter words containing in
- abrin — a highly poisonous compound found in the seed of the Indian liquorice (Abrus precatorius)
- acini — Botany. one of the small drupelets or berries of an aggregate, baccate fruit, as the blackberry.
- actin — a protein that participates in many kinds of cell movement, including muscle contraction, during which it interacts with filaments of a second protein, myosin
- admin — Admin is the activity or process of organizing an institution or organization.
- again — You use again to indicate that something happens a second time, or after it has already happened before.
6 letter words containing in
- a-line — (of a garment, esp a skirt or dress) flaring slightly from the waist or shoulders
- abying — Present participle of aby.
- acetin — any of three types of liquid acetate, formed from glycerol and acetic acid, chiefly used in explosives and solvents
- aching — causing physical pain or distress: treatment for an aching back.
- acinar — of or relating to any of the terminal saclike portions of a compound gland
7 letter words containing in
- abating — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abiding — An abiding feeling, memory, or interest is one that you have for a very long time.
- abinoam — the father of Barak. Judges 4:6; 12; 5:1.
- abscind — to cut off
- abstain — If you abstain from something, usually something you want to do, you deliberately do not do it.
8 letter words containing in
- abegging — in the act of begging
- abetting — to encourage, support, or countenance by aid or approval, usually in wrongdoing: to abet a swindler; to abet a crime.
- abingdon — a market town in S England, in Oxfordshire. Pop: 36 010 (2001)
- abington — urban township in SE Pa., near Philadelphia: pop. 56,000
- aborning — while being born, developed, or realized (esp in the phrase die aborning)
9 letter words containing in
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abdominal — Abdominal is used to describe something that is situated in the abdomen or forms part of it.
- abhorring — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abominate — to dislike intensely; loathe; detest
- aborigine — Aborigines are members of the tribes that were living in Australia when Europeans arrived there.
10 letter words containing in
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abdominals — You can refer to your abdominal muscles as your abdominals when you are talking about exercise.
- abdominous — pot-bellied
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- abominable — Something that is abominable is very unpleasant or bad.
11 letter words containing in
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abhominable — abominable.
- abomination — If you say that something is an abomination, you think that it is completely unacceptable.
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
12 letter words containing in
- aboriginalia — objects from Aboriginal culture used as decorations, esp when they produce a distorted, sentimental view of Aborigines and Aboriginal history
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accentuating — to give emphasis or prominence to.
- accessioning — the act of coming into the possession of a right, title, office, etc.: accession to the throne.
13 letter words containing in
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- accommodating — If you describe someone as accommodating, you like the fact that they are willing to do things in order to please you or help you.
14 letter words containing in
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- actinobacillus — a bacillus causing disease in animals
15 letter words containing in
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- agro-industrial — the large-scale production, processing, and packaging of food using modern equipment and methods.
16 letter words containing in
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
- actinobacillosis — a disease of cattle and sheep, caused by infection with an Actinobacillus lignieresii and characterized by soft tissue lesions, esp of the tongue
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
17 letter words containing in
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- aminoglutethimide — a hormone antagonist, C 13 H 16 N 2 O 2 , used in the treatment of Cushing's syndrome and breast cancer.
- anti-carcinogenic — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
18 letter words containing in
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
19 letter words containing in
20 letter words containing in
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- anti-intellectualism — a feeling of hostility and dislike towards intellectuals and intellectual activities
21 letter words containing in
- atmospheric-inversion — an act or instance of inverting.
22 letter words containing in
- agro-industrialization — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
23 letter words containing in
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
29 letter words containing in
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with IN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 51945 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains IN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.