Words ending with e
2 letter words ending with e
- ae — one; a single
3 letter words ending with e
- abe — Abraham ("Abe") 1860–1951, U.S. novelist and journalist, born in Russia.
- ace — An ace is a playing card with a single symbol on it. In most card games, the ace of a particular suit has either the highest or the lowest value of the cards in that suit.
- ade — George1866-1944; U.S. humorist
- age — Your age is the number of years that you have lived.
- ake — a small hardwood New Zealand tree, Dodonea viscosa, with silver leaves and reddish bark
4 letter words ending with e
- aave — African-American Vernacular English
- abbe — Ernst. 1840–1905, German physicist, noted for his work in optics and the microscope condenser known as the Abbe condenser
- abie — a male given name, form of Abraham.
- able — Someone who is able is very clever or very good at doing something.
- abye — Alternative spelling of aby.
5 letter words ending with e
- a-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abase — to humble or belittle (oneself, etc)
- abate — If something bad or undesirable abates, it becomes much less strong or severe.
- abbie — a female given name, form of Abigail.
- abele — white poplar (sense 1)
6 letter words ending with e
- a-hole — Slang. asshole: used as a euphemism.
- a-life — Artificial Life
- a-line — (of a garment, esp a skirt or dress) flaring slightly from the waist or shoulders
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- abduce — to abduct
7 letter words ending with e
- a-frame — (of a house) constructed with an A-shaped elevation
- abalone — Abalone is a shellfish that you can eat and that has a shiny substance called mother-of-pearl inside its shell.
- abatage — the slaughter of animals, especially the slaughter of diseased animals to prevent the infection of others.
- abilene — a city in central Texas. Pop: 114 889 (2003 est)
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
8 letter words ending with e
- a-sample — the primary urine or blood sample used in doping tests in professional sports; if the A-sample tests positive, the B-sample is tested to confirm or invalidate the results
- aaronite — one of the priestly descendants of Aaron.
- abampere — the cgs unit of current in the electromagnetic system; the constant current that, when flowing through two parallel straight infinitely long conductors 1 centimetre apart, will produce a force between them of 2 dynes per centimetre: equivalent to 10 amperes
- abatable — able to be abated
- abattage — the slaughter of animals, especially the slaughter of diseased animals to prevent the infection of others.
9 letter words ending with e
- abandonee — a person to whom something is formally relinquished, esp an insurer having the right to salvage a wreck
- abbeville — a town in N France: brewing, sugar-refining, and carpet industries. Pop: 24 567 (1999)
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- aberrance — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abjective — tending to degrade, humiliate, or demoralize: the abjective influences of his early life.
10 letter words ending with e
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abbreviate — If you abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it shorter.
- abdicative — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
11 letter words ending with e
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abercrombie — Sir (Leslie) Patrick. 1879–1957, British town planner and architect, best known for The County of London Plan (1943) and The Greater London Plan (1944)
- abhominable — abominable.
- abnormalize — to make abnormal.
- abranchiate — having no gills
12 letter words ending with e
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abirritative — to make less irritable; soothe.
- abolitionize — (esp. prior to the Civil War) to convert (persons, a region, a state, etc.) to abolitionism.
- absquatulate — to leave; decamp
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
13 letter words ending with e
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- accommodative — tending to accommodate; adaptive.
- acetanisidine — methacetin.
- acetazolamide — a drug which operates by blocking the production of hydrogen ions and hydrogen carbonate, used to treat various conditions including epilepsy and glaucoma
14 letter words ending with e
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accomplishable — to bring to its goal or conclusion; carry out; perform; finish: to accomplish one's mission.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
15 letter words ending with e
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- aix-la-chapelle — Aachen
16 letter words ending with e
- acetylsalicylate — a salt or ester of acetylsalicylic acid.
17 letter words ending with e
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
18 letter words ending with e
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
20 letter words ending with e
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
On this page, we collect all words that ending in letter E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 50715 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.