Words starting with i
1 letter words starting with i
- i — the ninth letter of the English alphabet, a vowel.
- i beg your pardon — You say 'Pardon?' or 'I beg your pardon?' or, in American English, 'Pardon me?' when you want someone to repeat what they have just said because you have not heard or understood it.
- i dare say — (it is) quite possible (that)
- i doubt it — a card game, the object of which is to rid oneself of all cards, in which the first player places aces face down on the table and the others follow, in turn, with cards of the next lower rank, adding at will other cards, except that if such deception is successfully challenged, the player must pick up all the cards then on the table.
- i formation — an offensive alignment in which the backs are positioned in line directly behind the quarterback.
2 letter words starting with i
3 letter words starting with i
4 letter words starting with i
5 letter words starting with i
- i-bar — a rolled or extruded metal beam having a cross section resembling an I. Compare H-beam.
- i-spy — a game in which one player specifies the initial letter of the name of an object that he or she can see, which the other players then try to guess
- iambi — iamb.
- ibada — any of the religious duties of a Muslim, including the recital of the creed, the five daily recitals of prayers, the Ramadan fast, almsgiving, and the pilgrimage to Mecca.
- ibadi — a North African Kharijite.
6 letter words starting with i
- i-beam — a rolled or extruded metal beam having a cross section resembling an I. Compare H-beam.
- i-spin — isotopic spin.
- i.r.a. — an underground Irish nationalist organization founded to work for Irish independence from Great Britain: declared illegal by the Irish government in 1936, but continues activity aimed at the unification of the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland. Abbreviation: IRA, I.R.A.
- iambic — Prosody. pertaining to the iamb. consisting of or employing an iamb or iambs.
- iambus — iamb.
7 letter words starting with i
8 letter words starting with i
- i-player — a service provided by the BBC, allowing its recently broadcast television programmes to be viewed over the internet
- iarovize — to vernalize.
- iatrical — of or relating to a physician or medicine; medical.
- ibn-ezra — Abraham Ben Meir. 1093–1167, Jewish poet, scholar, and traveller, born in Spain
- ibn-saud — Abdul-Aziz (æbˈdʊlæˈziːz). 1880–1953, first king of Saudi Arabia (1932–53)
9 letter words starting with i
- i.chem.e. — Institution of Chemical Engineers
- iberville — Pierre le Moyne [pyer luh mwan] /pyɛr lə ˈmwan/ (Show IPA), Sieur, 1661–1706, French naval officer, born in Canada: founder of the first French settlement in Louisiana, 1699.
- ibn-rushd — Averroës
- ibuprofen — a white powder, C 13 H 18 O 2 , used especially in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis as an anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and antipyretic.
- ice-minus — noting or pertaining to genetically altered bacteria used on crops to inhibit frost formation.
10 letter words starting with i
- iatrogenic — (of a medical disorder) caused by the diagnosis, manner, or treatment of a physician.
- ibn-batuta — 1304–?68, Arab traveller, who wrote the Rihlah, an account of his travels (1325–54) in Africa and Asia
- icebreaker — Nautical. a ship specially built for breaking navigable passages through ice.
- ichinomiya — a city on central Honshu, in central Japan.
- ichthammol — a viscous, reddish-brown to brownish-black substance, obtained by the destructive distillation of bituminous shales, used in medicine chiefly as an antiseptic, analgesic, and local stimulant in skin disorders.
11 letter words starting with i
- ibn-gabirol — Solomon. ?1021–?58, Jewish philosopher and poet, born in Spain. His work The Fountain of Life influenced Western medieval philosophers
- ibn-khaldun — 1332–1406, Arab historian and philosopher. His Kitab al-`ibar (Book of Examples) is a history of Islam
- ice-scoured — noting an area having surface features resulting from scouring by an advancing ice sheet during glaciation.
- ichnography — the art of drawing a ground plan or layout of a building.
- ichthyolite — a fossil fish.
12 letter words starting with i
- ibn-al-arabi — Muhyi-l-din. 1165–1240, Muslim mystic and poet, born in Spain, noted for his influence on Sufism
- ichthyofauna — the indigenous fish of a region.
- ichthyophagy — the practice of eating or subsisting on fish.
- iconoclastic — attacking or ignoring cherished beliefs and long-held traditions, etc., as being based on error, superstition, or lack of creativity: an iconoclastic architect whose buildings are like monumental sculptures.
- iconographic — of or relating to iconography.
13 letter words starting with i
- ichthyologist — the branch of zoology dealing with fishes.
- ichthyosaurus — ichthyosaur.
- ideologically — of or relating to ideology.
- idiochromatic — (of a mineral) deriving a characteristic color from its capacity to absorb certain light rays.
- idiomatically — peculiar to or characteristic of a particular language or dialect: idiomatic French.
14 letter words starting with i
- iatrochemistry — (in the 16th and 17th centuries) the study of chemistry in relation to the physiology, pathology, and treatment of disease.
- ichthyocentaur — a sea creature with a human head and torso, the legs of a horse, and the tail of a fish.
- ichthyophagist — a person who eats or subsists on fish.
- ichthyophagous — the practice of eating or subsisting on fish.
- idealistically — of or relating to idealism or idealists.
15 letter words starting with i
- ibero-maurusian — of or relating to an Epipaleolithic culture of northwestern Africa that preceded the Capsian culture and was once erroneously thought to have originated in southwestern Europe; characterized by the use of backed bladelets, occupation of the maritime plain, and the hunting of the Barbary sheep.
- identifiability — to recognize or establish as being a particular person or thing; verify the identity of: to identify handwriting; to identify the bearer of a check.
- ideographically — an ideogram.
- ill-conditioned — in a surly or bad mood, state, etc.
- ill-intentioned — having malicious intentions: an ill-intentioned criticism that was meant more to hurt than to help.
16 letter words starting with i
- ichthyophthirius — ich.
- icositetrahedron — a solid figure having 24 faces.
17 letter words starting with i
- ichthyosarcotoxin — a term applied to any poison found in the flesh of poisonous fishes.
- idiosyncratically — pertaining to the nature of idiosyncrasy, or something peculiar to an individual: The best minds are idiosyncratic and unpredictable as they follow the course of scientific discovery.
24 letter words starting with i
- ichthyophthirius-disease — ich.
On this page, we collect all words starting with letter I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 12008 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with I. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.