Words containing i
4 letter words containing i
- abia — a state of SE Nigeria. Capital: Umuahia. Pop: 2 833 999 (2006 est). Area: 6320 sq km (2440 sq miles)
- abib — the seventh month of the Jewish year, equivalent to Nisan of the modern Jewish calendar. Ex. 34:18.
- abie — a male given name, form of Abraham.
- abit — a small piece or quantity of anything: a bit of string.
- abiu — Douay Bible. Abihu.
5 letter words containing i
- aalii — a bushy sapindaceous shrub, Dodonaea viscosa, of Australia, Hawaii, Africa, and tropical America, having small greenish flowers and sticky foliage
- aarti — a Hindu ceremony in which lights with wicks soaked in ghee are lit and offered up to one or more deities
- abaci — a device for making arithmetic calculations, consisting of a frame set with rods on which balls or beads are moved.
- abbai — the part of the Blue Nile above Lake Tana.
- abbie — a female given name, form of Abigail.
6 letter words containing i
7 letter words containing i
- aaronic — of or relating to Aaron, his family, or the priestly dynasty initiated by him
- abacist — a person skilled in using an abacus.
- abating — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abaxial — facing away from the axis, as the surface of a leaf
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
8 letter words containing i
- aaronite — one of the priestly descendants of Aaron.
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abapical — away from or opposite the apex
- abattoir — An abattoir is a place where animals are killed in order to provide meat.
- abbassid — a member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled Baghdad ( a.d. 750-1258) and claimed descent from Mohammed's uncle, Abbas
9 letter words containing i
- aaronical — Aaronic.
- abaciscus — Architecture. a small abacus.
- abactinal — (of organisms showing radial symmetry) situated away from or opposite to the mouth; aboral
- abbeville — a town in N France: brewing, sugar-refining, and carpet industries. Pop: 24 567 (1999)
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
10 letter words containing i
- abacterial — not caused by or characterized by the presence of bacteria
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abbreviate — If you abbreviate something, especially a word or a piece of writing, you make it shorter.
11 letter words containing i
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abbreviator — to shorten (a word or phrase) by omitting letters, substituting shorter forms, etc., so that the shortened form can represent the whole word or phrase, as ft. for foot, ab. for about, R.I. for Rhode Island, NW for Northwest, or Xn for Christian.
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
12 letter words containing i
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- abbreviatory — shortening
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abirritation — to make less irritable; soothe.
13 letter words containing i
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
14 letter words containing i
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
15 letter words containing i
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
16 letter words containing i
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
17 letter words containing i
18 letter words containing i
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
19 letter words containing i
20 letter words containing i
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
On this page, we collect all words with letter I. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 177881 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains I that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.