- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of clocklike word
- adjective clocklike as precise or regular as a clock 3
- adjective clocklike highly systematic, precise, and dependable: The mail carrier arrives at noon with clocklike regularity. 1
- noun clocklike Resembling a clock or some aspect of one. 1
Information block about the term
Origin of clocklike
First appearance:before 1735
One of the 48% newest English words
First recorded in 1735-45; clock1 + -like
Parts of speech for Clocklike
A pretty common term. Usually people know it’s meaning, but prefer to use a more spread out synonym. About 61% of English native speakers know the meaning and use word.
This word is included in each student's vocabulary. Most likely there is at least one movie with this word in the title.
clocklike usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for clocklike
- precise — definitely or strictly stated, defined, or fixed: precise directions.
- comprehensive — Something that is comprehensive includes everything that is needed or relevant.
- meticulous — taking or showing extreme care about minute details; precise; thorough: a meticulous craftsman; meticulous personal appearance.
- definite — If something such as a decision or an arrangement is definite, it is firm and clear, and unlikely to be changed.
- thorough — executed without negligence or omissions: a thorough search.
- amplified — Simple past tense and past participle of amplify.
- circumstantiated — Simple past tense and past participle of circumstantiate.
- individualised — to make individual or distinctive; give an individual or distinctive character to.
- specialised — to pursue some special line of study, work, etc.; have a specialty: The doctor specializes in gastroenterology.
Antonyms for clocklike
- inaccurate — not accurate; incorrect or untrue.
- inexact — not exact; not strictly precise or accurate.
- questionable — of doubtful propriety, honesty, morality, respectability, etc.: questionable activities; in questionable taste.
- indefinite — not definite; without fixed or specified limit; unlimited: an indefinite number.
- uncertain — not definitely ascertainable or fixed, as in time of occurrence, number, dimensions, or quality.
- Words starting with c
- Words starting with cl
- Words starting with clo
- Words starting with cloc
- Words starting with clock
- Words starting with clockl
- Words starting with clockli
- Words starting with clocklik
- Words starting with clocklike
- Words containing the letters c
- Words containing the letters c,l
- Words containing the letters c,l,o
- Words containing the letters c,l,o,k
- Words containing the letters c,l,o,k,i
- Words containing the letters c,l,o,k,i,e