Words starting with clo
4 letter words starting with clo
- clod — A clod of earth is a large lump of earth.
- cloe — a female given name, form of Chloe.
- clog — When something clogs a hole or place, it blocks it so that nothing can pass through.
- clop — to make or move along with a sound as of a horse's hooves striking the ground
- clos — Common LISP Object System
5 letter words starting with clo
- cloak — A cloak is a long, loose, sleeveless piece of clothing which people used to wear over their other clothes when they went out.
- cloam — made of clay or earthenware
- clock — A clock is an instrument, for example in a room or on the outside of a building, that shows what time of day it is.
- clods — Plural form of clod.
- cloff — the cleft of a tree
6 letter words starting with clo
- cloaca — a cavity in the pelvic region of most vertebrates, except higher mammals, and certain invertebrates, into which the alimentary canal and the genital and urinary ducts open
- cloaks — Plural form of cloak.
- cloath — (obsolete) cloth.
- cloche — A cloche is a long, low cover made of glass or clear plastic that is put over young plants to protect them from the cold.
- clocks — Plural form of clock.
7 letter words starting with clo
- cloacae — Zoology. the common cavity into which the intestinal, urinary, and generative canals open in birds, reptiles, amphibians, many fishes, and certain mammals. a similar cavity in invertebrates.
- cloacal — Zoology. the common cavity into which the intestinal, urinary, and generative canals open in birds, reptiles, amphibians, many fishes, and certain mammals. a similar cavity in invertebrates.
- cloaked — Wearing a cloak.
- clobber — You can refer to someone's possessions, especially their clothes, as their clobber.
- cloches — Plural form of cloche.
8 letter words starting with clo
9 letter words starting with clo
- cloacitis — inflammation of the cloaca in birds, including domestic fowl, and other animals with a common opening of the urinary and gastrointestinal tracts
- cloakroom — In a public building, the cloakroom is the place where people can leave their coats, umbrellas, and so on.
- clobbered — to paint over existing decoration on (a ceramic piece).
- clobberer — One who, or that which, clobbers.
- clockface — Alternative spelling of clock face.
10 letter words starting with clo
- cloak-room — a room in which outer garments, hats, umbrellas, etc., may be left temporarily, as in a club, restaurant, etc.; checkroom.
- cloakmaker — Someone who makes cloaks.
- cloakrooms — Plural form of cloakroom.
- clobbering — Present participle of clobber.
- clock-hour — a full 60-minute period, as of class instruction or therapeutic consultation. Compare hour (def 11).
11 letter words starting with clo
12 letter words starting with clo
- cloddishness — The quality of being cloddish.
- cloisterless — a covered walk, especially in a religious institution, having an open arcade or colonnade usually opening onto a courtyard.
- clomipramine — A tricyclic, heterocyclic drug used to treat depression, anxiety and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- close-fisted — very careful with money; mean
- close-hauled — with the sails flat, so as to sail as close to the wind as possible
13 letter words starting with clo
- clock-watcher — an employee who checks the time in anticipation of a break or of the end of the working day
- clonogenicity — (uncountable) The ability of a cell to form clones.
- close-at-hand — lying in the near future or vicinity; nearby or imminent.
- close-cropped — Close-cropped hair or grass is cut very short.
- close-fitting — Close-fitting clothes fit tightly and show the shape of your body.
14 letter words starting with clo
- clock-watching — the act of checking the time in anticipation of a break or the end of the working day
- closed-circuit — A closed-circuit television or video system is one that operates within a limited area such as a building.
- clone-and-hack coding — case and paste
- closed-circuit television — a television system in which signals are transmitted from a television camera to the receivers by cables or telephone links forming a closed circuit, as used in security systems, etc
- closed-circuit television camera — a television camera transmitting signals to receivers by cables or telephone links forming a closed circuit, as used in security systems, etc
15 letter words starting with clo
- cloak-and-sword — (of a drama or work of fiction) dealing with characters who wear cloaks and swords; concerned with the customs and romance of the nobility in bygone times.
16 letter words starting with clo
17 letter words starting with clo
- closed-captioning — (of a television program, film, or video) distributed with synchronized transcription of speech and written descriptions of other relevant audio elements, as for the hearing-impaired, that are visible only when the option to display them is selected. Abbreviation: CC.
- cloud-cuckoo-land — If you say that someone is living in cloud-cuckoo-land, you are criticizing them because they think there are no problems and that things will happen exactly as they want them to, when this is obviously not the case.
On this page, we collect all words starting with CLO. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 494 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CLO. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.