Words starting with cl
2 letter words starting with cl
- cl — cl is a written abbreviation for centilitre.
3 letter words starting with cl
4 letter words starting with cl
- clad — If you are clad in particular clothes, you are wearing them.
- clag — sticky mud
- clam — Clams are a kind of shellfish which can be eaten.
- clan — A clan is a group which consists of families that are related to each other.
- clap — When you clap, you hit your hands together to show appreciation or attract attention.
5 letter words starting with cl
- clack — If things clack or if you clack them, they make a short loud noise, especially when they hit each other.
- clade — a group of organisms considered as having evolved from a common ancestor
- claes — (Scotland) clothes.
- claim — If you say that someone claims that something is true, you mean they say that it is true but you are not sure whether or not they are telling the truth.
- clair — René (rəne), real name René Chomette. 1898–1981, French film director; noted for his comedies including An Italian Straw Hat (1928) and pioneering sound films such as Sous les toits de Paris (1930); later films include Les Belles de nuit (1952)
6 letter words starting with cl
- claggy — stickily clinging, as mud
- claire — a feminine name
- clammy — Something that is clammy is unpleasantly damp or sticky.
- clamor — If people are clamoring for something, they are demanding it in a noisy or angry way.
- clancy — Tom. 1947–2013, US novelist; his thrillers, many of which have been filmed, include The Hunt for Red October (1984), Clear and Present Danger (1989), Debt of Honour (1994) and Red Rabbit (2002)
7 letter words starting with cl
- clabber — curdled milk
- clachan — a small village; hamlet
- clacked — to make a quick, sharp sound, or a succession of such sounds, as by striking or cracking: The loom clacked busily under her expert hands.
- clacker — an object that makes a clacking sound
- clacton — a town and resort in SE England, in E Essex. Pop: 51 284 (2001)
8 letter words starting with cl
- clackers — any of various percussion toys consisting of balls or blocks joined by a cord.
- claddagh — Irish ring
- cladding — Cladding is a covering of tiles, wooden boards, or other material that is fixed to the outside of a building to protect it against bad weather or to make it look more attractive.
- clafouti — a tart made of fruit, especially cherries, baked in a thick, sweet batter.
- claimant — A claimant is someone who is receiving money from the state because they are unemployed or they are unable to work because they are ill.
9 letter words starting with cl
- cladistic — relating to the classification of species based on evolutionary ancestry
- cladogram — a treelike diagram illustrating the development of a clade
- claiborne — a male given name.
- claimsman — an insurance adjuster, especially one dealing with casualty-insurance claims; claims adjuster.
- clam-flat — a level stretch of mud, exposed by the tide, where clams burrow.
10 letter words starting with cl
- clactonian — one of the Lower Palaeolithic cultures found in England, characterized by the use of chopper tools
- cladistics — a method of grouping animals that makes use of lines of descent rather than structural similarities
- cladoceran — any minute freshwater crustacean of the order Cladocera, which includes the water fleas
- cladophyll — a green, flattened branch arising from the axil of a leaf, with the shape and functions of a foliage leaf
- clairseach — an ancient Irish and Scottish harp.
11 letter words starting with cl
- clackmannan — a town in E central Scotland, in Clackmannanshire. Pop: 3450 (2001)
- cladanthous — pleurocarpous.
- cladoptosis — the annual shedding of twigs or branches instead of leaves, as in certain cypresses.
- clairvoyant — Someone who is believed to be clairvoyant is believed to know about future events or to be able to communicate with dead people.
- clamatorial — of or relating to the American flycatchers (family Tyrannidae)
12 letter words starting with cl
- cladocarpous — pleurocarpous.
- cladogenesis — adaptive evolution leading to a greater variety of species
- cladosporium — any of the species of fungi in the genus Cladosporium
- claim-jumper — a person who seizes another's claim of land, especially for mineral rights.
- clairaudient — the power to hear sounds said to exist beyond the reach of ordinary experience or capacity, as the voices of the dead.
13 letter words starting with cl
- claim-jumping — a person who seizes another's claim of land, especially for mineral rights.
- clair-de-lune — a work for the piano by Claude Debussy, third movement of the Suite bergamasque.
- clair-obscure — chiaroscuro.
- clairaudience — the postulated ability to hear sounds beyond the range of normal hearing
- clandestinely — characterized by, done in, or executed with secrecy or concealment, especially for purposes of subversion or deception; private or surreptitious: Their clandestine meetings went undiscovered for two years.
14 letter words starting with cl
- clacton-on-sea — a town on the North Sea coast in Essex, England.
- classification — A classification is a division or category in a system which divides things into groups or types.
- classificatory — the act of classifying.
- claustrophilia — abnormal pleasure derived from being in a confined space
- claustrophobia — Someone who suffers from claustrophobia feels very uncomfortable or anxious when they are in small or enclosed places.
15 letter words starting with cl
- class-conscious — Someone who is class-conscious is very aware of the differences between the various classes of people in society, and often has a strong feeling of belonging to a particular class.
- cleavage-planes — the act of cleaving or splitting.
- cloak-and-sword — (of a drama or work of fiction) dealing with characters who wear cloaks and swords; concerned with the customs and romance of the nobility in bygone times.
- client-centered therapy — a nondirective method of psychotherapy in which treatment consists of helping patients to use effectively their own latent resources in solving problems.
16 letter words starting with cl
- clackmannanshire — a council area and historical county of central Scotland; became part of the Central region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority in 1996; mainly agricultural. Administrative centre: Alloa. Pop: 47 680 (2003 est). Area: 142 sq km (55 sq miles)
- clearance-papers — the act of clearing.
- clermont-ferrand — a city in S central France: capital of Puy-de-Dôme department; industrial centre. Pop: 140 957 (2011)
- cloak-and-dagger — A cloak-and-dagger activity is one which involves mystery and secrecy.
- cloak-and-suiter — a manufacturer or seller of clothing.
17 letter words starting with cl
- classical-nahuatl — a member of a Nahuatl-speaking state in central Mexico that was conquered by Cortés in 1521.
- clicks-and-mortar — pertaining to or denoting a company that does business on the Internet and in traditional stores or offices.
- clinicopathologic — of or relating to the combined study of disease symptoms and pathology.
- closed-captioning — (of a television program, film, or video) distributed with synchronized transcription of speech and written descriptions of other relevant audio elements, as for the hearing-impaired, that are visible only when the option to display them is selected. Abbreviation: CC.
19 letter words starting with cl
- clinicopathological — of or relating to the combined study of disease symptoms and pathology.
20 letter words starting with cl
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- climbing-bittersweet — Also called woody nightshade. a climbing or trailing plant, Solanum dulcamara, of the nightshade family, having small, violet, star-shaped flowers with a protruding yellow center and scarlet berries.
On this page, we collect all words starting with CL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1930 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with CL. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.