Words containing cl
2 letter words containing cl
- cl — cl is a written abbreviation for centilitre.
3 letter words containing cl
4 letter words containing cl
5 letter words containing cl
- clack — If things clack or if you clack them, they make a short loud noise, especially when they hit each other.
- clade — a group of organisms considered as having evolved from a common ancestor
- claes — (Scotland) clothes.
- claim — If you say that someone claims that something is true, you mean they say that it is true but you are not sure whether or not they are telling the truth.
- clair — René (rəne), real name René Chomette. 1898–1981, French film director; noted for his comedies including An Italian Straw Hat (1928) and pioneering sound films such as Sous les toits de Paris (1930); later films include Les Belles de nuit (1952)
6 letter words containing cl
- boucle — looped yarn giving a knobbly effect
- chicle — a gumlike substance obtained from the sapodilla; the main ingredient of chewing gum
- chicly — in a chic style or manner; smartly and elegantly
- circle — A circle is a shape consisting of a curved line completely surrounding an area. Every part of the line is the same distance from the centre of the area.
- claggy — stickily clinging, as mud
7 letter words containing cl
- acclaim — If someone or something is acclaimed, they are praised enthusiastically.
- acyclic — not cyclic; having an open chain structure
- amyclas — a son of Lacedaemon and Sparta.
- anticly — ludicrously or grotesquely
- article — An article is a piece of writing that is published in a newspaper or magazine.
8 letter words containing cl
- articled — In Britain, someone who is articled to a firm of lawyers or accountants is employed by the firm and is training to become qualified.
- articles — legal training
- aycliffe — a town in Co Durham: founded as a new town in 1947. Pop (including Newton Aycliffe): 25 655 (2001)
- barnacle — Barnacles are small shellfish that fix themselves tightly to rocks and the bottoms of boats.
- bicyclic — of, forming, or formed by two circles, cycles, etc
9 letter words containing cl
- acclaimed — publicly acknowledged as excellent
- acclimate — When you acclimate or are acclimated to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
- acclivity — an upward slope, esp of the ground
- acyclovir — an antiviral drug used to treat herpes. Formula: C8H11N5O3
- adminicle — something contributing to prove a point without itself being complete proof
10 letter words containing cl
- acclimated — Become accustomed to a new climate or to new conditions.
- agathocles — 361–289 b.c, tyrant of Syracuse 317–289.
- anaclastic — relating to refraction
- anticlimax — You can describe something as an anticlimax if it disappoints you because it happens after something that was very exciting, or because it is not as exciting as you expected.
- anticlinal — of, relating to, or resembling an anticline
11 letter words containing cl
- acclamation — Acclamation is a noisy or enthusiastic expression of approval for someone or something.
- acclamatory — a loud shout or other demonstration of welcome, goodwill, or approval.
- acclimation — The process of becoming, or the state of being, acclimated, or habituated to a new climate; acclimatization.
- acclimatise — Standard spelling of from=Non-Oxford British spelling.
- acclimatize — When you acclimatize or are acclimatized to a new situation, place, or climate, you become used to it.
12 letter words containing cl
- androclinium — clinandrium.
- anorthoclase — a variety of microcline, rich in sodium and sometimes having a play of color: sometimes considered a variety of orthoclase.
- antanaclasis — a form of speech in which a key word is repeated and used in a different, and sometimes contrary, way for a play on words, as in The craft of a politician is to appear before the public without craft.
- anticlerical — opposed to the power and influence of the clergy, esp in politics
- anticlotting — of a nature that prevents blood clotting
13 letter words containing cl
- all-inclusive — All-inclusive is used to indicate that a price, especially the price of a holiday, includes all the charges and all the services offered.
- anticlassical — against the trend of the classical period
- anticlimactic — of, having, or like an anticlimax
- anticlinorium — a vast elongated anticline with its strata further folded into anticlines and synclines
- anticlockwise — If something is moving anticlockwise, it is moving in the opposite direction to the direction in which the hands of a clock move.
14 letter words containing cl
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- anti-climactic — of, like, pertaining to, or expressing anticlimax.
- anticyclolysis — the weakening or extinction of an anticyclone.
- back-clearance — Machinery. the gradual termination of a groove on the body of an object not ending there, as the upper termination of a flute in a twist drill. Also called back clearance. a space in a depressed area of an object into which a machine tool or grinding wheel may safely enter at the end of a pass or operation.
- beclomethasone — a potent synthetic corticosteroid, C 28 H 37 ClO 7 , prepared as an inhalant in the treatment of bronchial asthma.
15 letter words containing cl
- acclimatization — The act of acclimatizing; the process of inuring to a new climate, or the state of being so inured.
- anticlericalism — opposed to the influence and activities of the clergy or the church in secular or public affairs.
- asclepiadaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Asclepiadaceae, a family of mostly tropical and subtropical flowering plants, including the milkweed and swallowwort, having pollen in the form of a waxy mass (pollinium): now usually regarded as a subfamily of the Apocynaceae
- atherosclerosis — a degenerative disease of the arteries characterized by patchy thickening of the inner lining of the arterial walls, caused by deposits of fatty material; a form of arteriosclerosis
- cataclysmically — of, relating to, or resulting from a cataclysm.
16 letter words containing cl
- aminocyclohexane — cyclohexylamine.
- anticyclogenesis — the intensification or development of an anticyclone.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- arteriosclerosis — Arteriosclerosis is a medical condition in which the walls of your arteries become hard and thick, so your blood cannot flow through them properly.
- arteriosclerotic — degenerative changes in the arteries, characterized by thickening of the vessel walls and accumulation of calcium with consequent loss of elasticity and lessened blood flow.
17 letter words containing cl
- acromioclavicular — (anatomy) Pertaining to both the acromion and the clavicle.
- anticlimactically — of, like, pertaining to, or expressing anticlimax.
- baile-atha-cliath — Gaelic Baile Àtha Cliath. a seaport in and the capital of the Republic of Ireland, in the E part, on the Irish Sea.
- buttock-clenching — making one tighten the buttocks through extreme fear or embarrassment
- chlortetracycline — an antibiotic used in treating many bacterial and rickettsial infections: obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces aureofaciens. Formula: C22H23ClN2O8
19 letter words containing cl
20 letter words containing cl
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
- climbing-bittersweet — Also called woody nightshade. a climbing or trailing plant, Solanum dulcamara, of the nightshade family, having small, violet, star-shaped flowers with a protruding yellow center and scarlet berries.
On this page, we collect all words with CL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 5347 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains CL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.