- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of colourful word
- adjective colourful Something that is colourful has bright colours or a lot of different colours. 3
- adjective colourful A colourful story is full of exciting details. 3
- adjective colourful A colourful character is a person who behaves in an interesting and amusing way. 3
- adjective colourful If someone has had a colourful past or a colourful career, they have been involved in exciting but often slightly shocking things. 3
- adjective colourful Colourful language is rude or offensive language. 3
- adjective colourful having intense colour or richly varied colours 3
Information block about the term
Parts of speech for Colourful
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 83% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
This word is included in each student's vocabulary. Most likely there is at least one movie with this word in the title.
colourful usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for colourful
- bright — A bright colour is strong and noticeable, and not dark.
- multicoloured — Alternative spelling of multicolored.
- multihued — having the hue or color as specified (usually used in combination): many-hued; golden-hued.
- rich — having wealth or great possessions; abundantly supplied with resources, means, or funds; wealthy: a rich man; a rich nation.
- vivid — strikingly bright or intense, as color, light, etc.: a vivid green.
Antonyms for colourful
- dull — not sharp; blunt: a dull knife.
- uninteresting — engaging or exciting and holding the attention or curiosity: an interesting book.
- pale — light-colored or lacking in color: a pale complexion; his pale face; a pale child. lacking the usual intensity of color due to fear, illness, stress, etc.: She looked pale and unwell when we visited her in the nursing home.
- plain — clear or distinct to the eye or ear: a plain trail to the river; to stand in plain view.
- simple — easy to understand, deal with, use, etc.: a simple matter; simple tools.
Top questions with colourful
- why are rainbows colourful?
- how to make colourful jelly?
- how to make colourful agar agar?
- how to spell colourful?
- how to say colourful in french?
- what is another word for colourful?
- how to spell colourful in english?
- what is colourful?
- why peacocks have colourful feathers?
- how to make colourful icing?
- how to make colourful roses?
- how to make colourful cake?
- how to draw a colourful butterfly?
- how to make colourful bubbles?
- what is the meaning of colourful?
- Words starting with c
- Words starting with co
- Words starting with col
- Words starting with colo
- Words starting with colou
- Words starting with colour
- Words starting with colourf
- Words starting with colourfu
- Words starting with colourful
- Words containing the letters c
- Words containing the letters c,o
- Words containing the letters c,o,l
- Words containing the letters c,o,l,u
- Words containing the letters c,o,l,u,r
- Words containing the letters c,o,l,u,r,f
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?