Words containing col
3 letter words containing col
- col — Physical Geography. a pass or depression in a mountain range or ridge.
4 letter words containing col
- acol — a popular British bidding system favouring light opening bids and a flexible approach
- col- — prefix com-
- col. — Col. is a written abbreviation for colonel when it is being used as a title in front of someone's name.
- cola — Cola is a sweet brown non-alcoholic fizzy drink.
- cold — Something that is cold has a very low temperature or a lower temperature than is normal or acceptable.
5 letter words containing col
6 letter words containing col
- colada — piña colada.
- colden — Cadwallader, 1688–1776, Scottish physician, botanist, and public official in America, born in Ireland.
- colder — having a relatively low temperature; having little or no warmth: cold water; a cold day.
- coldie — a cold can or bottle of beer
- coldly — having a relatively low temperature; having little or no warmth: cold water; a cold day.
7 letter words containing col
- acology — Materia medica; the science of medical remedies.
- acolyte — An acolyte is a follower or assistant of an important person.
- bacolod — a town in the Philippines, on the NW coast of Negros Island. Pop: 468 000 (2005 est)
- bicolor — of two colors
- bricole — a shot in which the cue ball touches a cushion after striking the object ball and before touching another ball
8 letter words containing col
- accolade — If someone is given an accolade, something is done or said about them which shows how much people admire them.
- acolytes — Plural form of acolyte.
- agricola — Gnaeus Julius (ˈniːəs ˈdʒuːlɪəs) 40–93 ad, Roman general; governor of Britain who advanced Roman rule north to the Firth of Forth
- alcolock — a breath-alcohol ignition-interlock device fitted to the ignition in certain motor vehicles. The driver must blow into a tube and, if his or her breath contains too much alcohol, a lock is activated to prevent the vehicle starting
- anticold — preventing or treating the common cold
9 letter words containing col
- accoladed — any award, honor, or laudatory notice: The play received accolades from the press.
- accolades — Plural form of accolade.
- accolated — (of portraits on a coin, medal, or escutcheon) overlapping and facing in the same direction; conjoined.
- arecoline — a drug derived from betel nuts and producing a range of effects, including increased salivation, body temperature, and heart rate
- bricolage — the jumbled effect produced by the close proximity of buildings from different periods and in different architectural styles
10 letter words containing col
- anacolutha — Plural form of anacoluthon.
- apocolypse — Misspelling of apocalypse.
- autecology — the ecological study of an individual organism or species
- bioecology — the science that deals with the interrelations of communities of animals and plants with their environment
- broccolini — a cultivated variety of cabbage, Brassica B. oleracea, which resembles broccoli and is eaten as a green vegetable
11 letter words containing col
- anacoloutha — Plural form of anacolouthon.
- anacoluthia — lack of grammatical sequence, esp within a single sentence
- anacoluthic — Of, pertaining to, being, or resembling an anacoluthon.
- anacoluthon — a construction that involves the change from one grammatical sequence to another within a single sentence; an example of anacoluthia
- aphidicolin — A tetracyclic diterpene antibiotic with antiviral and antimitotical properties.
12 letter words containing col
- anacolouthon — Alternative spelling of anacoluthon (A break in sequence, that occurs when the scheme of a sentence is changed in its course. Incoherence in a sentence.).
- anticolonial — opposed to colonialism
- apalachicola — river in NW Fla., flowing from the Fla.-Ga. border southward into the Gulf of Mexico: 90 mi (145 km)
- bicollateral — (of a vascular bundle) having two phloem groups to the inside and outside, respectively, of the xylem
- brass-collar — unwaveringly faithful to a political party; voting the straight ticket: a brass-collar Democrat.
13 letter words containing col
14 letter words containing col
- autocollimator — an instrument combining the functions of a telescope and collimator, for detecting and measuring very small deviations in a beam of light.
- circumcolumnar — surrounding a column.
- coffee-colored — having the medium-brown color of coffee mixed with cream or milk; moderately brown.
- collaborations — Plural form of collaboration.
- collapsibility — (uncountable) The condition of being collapsible (or collapsable).
15 letter words containing col
- anacoluthically — in an anacoluthic manner
- anticolonialism — the opposition to colonialism
- anticolonialist — a person who is opposed to colonialism
- autocollimation — the process used in an autocollimator.
- chloramphenicol — a broad-spectrum antibiotic used esp in treating typhoid fever and rickettsial infections: obtained from the bacterium Streptomyces venezuelae or synthesized. Formula: C11H12N2O5Cl2
16 letter words containing col
- coleridge-taylor — Samuel. 1875–1912, British composer, best known for his trilogy of oratorios Song of Hiawatha (1898–1900)
- collaborationism — The act of collaborating, especially with an enemy.
- collaborationist — A collaborationist government or individual is one that helps or gives support to the enemy during the war.
- collectivisation — Alternative spelling of collectivization.
- collectivization — to organize (a people, industry, economy, etc.) according to the principles of collectivism.
17 letter words containing col
- collaborativeness — Quality of being collaborative.
- collateralization — The act or process of collateralizing.
- colloquialization — The process or result of making colloquial.
- color-coordinated — with all parts or elements related, blended, or matched to a particular color scheme.
- intercolumniation — the space between two adjacent columns, usually the clear space between the lower parts of the shafts.
18 letter words containing col
19 letter words containing col
21 letter words containing col
- ecological-succession — the coming of one person or thing after another in order, sequence, or in the course of events: many troubles in succession.
On this page, we collect all words with COL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2044 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains COL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.