- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of accrued word
- verb without object accrued to happen or result as a natural growth, addition, etc. 1
- verb without object accrued to be added as a matter of periodic gain or advantage, as interest on money. 1
- verb without object accrued Law. to become a present and enforceable right or demand. 1
- noun accrued Simple past tense and past participle of accrue. 1
- adjective accrued banking: interest 1
- adjective accrued Having increased through accrual; having risen over time or due to financial transactions. 0
Information block about the term
Origin of accrued
First appearance:before 1425
One of the 25% oldest English words
1425-75; late Middle English acruen, acrewen, probably < Anglo-French accru(e), Middle French accreu(e), past participle of ac(c)reistre to increase < Latin accrēscere grow. See ac-, crew1, accretion
Parts of speech for Accrued
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 81% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
accrued usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for accrued
- realized — to grasp or understand clearly.
- realised — to grasp or understand clearly.
- acquired — obtained, through buying or being given
- increased — to make greater, as in number, size, strength, or quality; augment; add to: to increase taxes.
- accumulated — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
Antonyms for accrued
- dissipated — indulging in or characterized by excessive devotion to pleasure; intemperate; dissolute.
- spent — simple past tense and past participle of spend.
- diminished — to make or cause to seem smaller, less, less important, etc.; lessen; reduce.
- distributed — (in distinctive feature analysis) characterized by relatively extensive contact or constriction between the articulating organs, as the (sh) in show in contrast to the (s) in so.
- divided — separated; separate.
Top questions with accrued
- what does accrued mean?
- which of the following is an example of accrued revenue?
- what is accrued interest?
- how to calculate accrued interest?
- what are accrued expenses?
- what is accrued revenue?
- how do you spell accrued?
- what is an accrued expense?
- what is accrued expense?
- what is accrued?
- what are accrued liabilities?
- what does accrued interest mean?
- how does accrued vacation time work?
- how is holiday accrued?
- what is accrued salaries?
- Words starting with a
- Words starting with ac
- Words starting with acc
- Words starting with accr
- Words starting with accru
- Words starting with accrue
- Words starting with accrued
- Words containing the letters a
- Words containing the letters a,c
- Words containing the letters a,c,r
- Words containing the letters a,c,r,u
- Words containing the letters a,c,r,u,e
- Words containing the letters a,c,r,u,e,d
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?