- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of falsely word
- adjective falsely not true or correct; erroneous: a false statement. 1
- adjective falsely uttering or declaring what is untrue: a false witness. 1
- adjective falsely not faithful or loyal; treacherous: a false friend. 1
- adjective falsely tending to deceive or mislead; deceptive: a false impression. 1
- adjective falsely not genuine; counterfeit. 1
- adjective falsely based on mistaken, erroneous, or inconsistent impressions, ideas, or facts: false pride. 1
Information block about the term
Origin of falsely
First appearance:before 1000
One of the 6% oldest English words
before 1000; Middle English, Old English fals < Latin falsus feigned, false, orig. past participle of fallere to deceive; reinforced by or reborrowed from Anglo-French, Old French fals, feminine false < Latin
Parts of speech for Falsely
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 100% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
This word is included in each student's vocabulary. Most likely there is at least one movie with this word in the title.
falsely usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for falsely
- treacherously — characterized by faithlessness or readiness to betray trust; traitorous.
- unscrupulously — not scrupulous; unrestrained by scruples; conscienceless; unprincipled.
- maliciously — full of, characterized by, or showing malice; intentionally harmful; spiteful: malicious gossip.
- basely — morally low; without estimable personal qualities; dishonorable; meanspirited; selfish; cowardly.
- crookedly — not straight; bending; curved: a crooked path.
- wrongly — not in accordance with what is morally right or good: a wrong deed.
- mistakenly — wrongly conceived, held, or done: a mistaken antagonism.
- fallaciously — In a fallacious manner, erroneously, illogically.
- deceivingly — to mislead by a false appearance or statement; delude: They deceived the enemy by disguising the destroyer as a freighter.
- erroneously — In an erroneous manner.
Antonyms for falsely
- rightly — in accordance with truth or fact; correctly: to see rightly; to understand rightly.
Top questions with falsely
- what to do when falsely accused of domestic violence?
- what to do when falsely accused of harassment?
- why do women falsely accuse men of rape?
- what to do if falsely accused of domestic violence?
- what does the bible say about being falsely accused?
- how to clear your name when falsely accused?
- what to do if someone falsely accuses you of harassment?
- what happens if you falsely accuse someone?
- how to handle being falsely accused?
- what to do if you are falsely accused of stealing?
- how to report someone for falsely claiming benefits?
- when falsely accused?
- what to do when falsely accused of rape?
- what to do if you are falsely accused of rape?
- what to do if you are falsely accused?
- Words starting with f
- Words starting with fa
- Words starting with fal
- Words starting with fals
- Words starting with false
- Words starting with falsel
- Words starting with falsely
- Words containing the letters f
- Words containing the letters f,a
- Words containing the letters f,a,l
- Words containing the letters f,a,l,s
- Words containing the letters f,a,l,s,e
- Words containing the letters f,a,l,s,e,y