Words containing fa
2 letter words containing fa
- fa — the twentieth letter of the Arabic alphabet.
3 letter words containing fa
4 letter words containing fa
- adfa — Australian Defence Force Academy
- afar — Afar means a long way away.
- alfa — the NATO name for a class of nuclear-powered Soviet attack submarine having a titanium hull and a submerged speed of more than 40 knots.
- face — the front part of the head, from the forehead to the chin.
- fack — (UK dialectal) One of the four stomachs of a ruminating animal; rumen; paunch.
5 letter words containing fa
6 letter words containing fa
- affair — If an event or a series of events has been mentioned and you want to talk about it again, you can refer to it as the affair.
- alfaro — (Flavio) Eloy [flah-vyaw-e-loi] /ˈflɑ vyɔ ɛˈlɔɪ/ (Show IPA), 1864–1912, Ecuadorian political leader: president 1897–1901, 1907–11.
- arafat — a hill in W Saudi Arabia, near Mecca: a sacred site of Islam, visited by pilgrims performing the hajj
- befall — If something bad or unlucky befalls you, it happens to you.
- cafard — a feeling of severe depression
7 letter words containing fa
- aberfan — a former coal-mining village in S Wales, in Merthyr Tydfil county borough: scene of a disaster in 1966 when a slag heap collapsed onto part of the village killing 144 people (including 116 children)
- abfarad — the cgs unit of capacitance in the electromagnetic system; the capacitance of a capacitor having a charge of 1 abcoulomb and a potential difference of 1 abvolt between its conductors: equivalent to 109 farads
- affable — Someone who is affable is pleasant and friendly.
- affably — pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite: an affable and courteous gentleman.
- affaire — a love affair
8 letter words containing fa
- aquafarm — to cultivate fish or shellfish under controlled conditions
- artefact — An artefact is an ornament, tool, or other object that is made by a human being, especially one that is historically or culturally interesting.
- artifact — any object made by human work; esp., a simple or primitive tool, weapon, vessel, etc.
- avifauna — all the birds in a particular region
- backfall — a fall or throw onto the back
9 letter words containing fa
- acid-fast — (of bacteria and tissues) resistant to decolorization by mineral acids after staining
- al-farabi — Mohammed ibn Tarkhan. died 950, Muslim philosopher, physician, and mathematician, of central Asian origin
- baby-face — a smooth round face like a baby's
- barefaced — You use barefaced to describe someone's behavior when you want to emphasize that they do not care that they are behaving wrongly.
- bifarious — having parts arranged in two rows on either side of a central axis
10 letter words containing fa
- about-face — An about-face is a complete change of attitude or opinion.
- affability — pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite: an affable and courteous gentleman.
- airy-fairy — If you describe someone's ideas as airy-fairy, you are critical of them because you think the ideas are vague, impractical, and unrealistic.
- arty-farty — If you describe someone as arty-farty, you are criticizing them for being interested in artistic ideas or activities that most people do not think are interesting or worthwhile.
- bald-faced — barefaced (def 2).
11 letter words containing fa
- anti-family — a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children, considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not: the traditional family. a social unit consisting of one or more adults together with the children they care for: a single-parent family.
- antifascist — opposed to fascism
- antofagasta — a port in N Chile. Pop: 323 000 (2005 est)
- artifactual — any object made by human beings, especially with a view to subsequent use.
- atchafalaya — a river in S central Louisiana, flowing S to an inlet (Atchafalaya Bay) on the Gulf of Mexico; a heavily engineered distributary of the Mississippi. 225 miles (362 km).
12 letter words containing fa
- anti-fascism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a governmental system led by a dictator having complete power, forcibly suppressing opposition and criticism, regimenting all industry, commerce, etc., and emphasizing an aggressive nationalism and often racism.
- artsy-fartsy — pretentiously artistic, sophisticated, etc.
- bairnsfather — Bruce. 1888–1959, British cartoonist, born in India: best known for his cartoons of the war in the trenches during World War I
- benefactress — a female benefactor
- brazen-faced — shameless or impudent
13 letter words containing fa
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- bufadienolide — any of a family of steroid lactones, occurring in toad venom and squill, that possess cardiac-stimulating and antitumor activity.
- calorifacient — (of foods) producing heat.
- cape-farewell — Cape, a cape in S Greenland: most southerly point of Greenland.
- class-warfare — Also called class conflict. conflict between different classes in a community resulting from different social or economic positions and reflecting opposed interests.
14 letter words containing fa
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- artifactitious — of, relating to, or of the nature of an artifact, or a man-made object that carries cultural significance.
- counterfactual — expressing what has not happened but could, would, or might under differing conditions
- daffadowndilly — a daffodil
15 letter words containing fa
- customer-facing — interacting or communicating directly with customers
- dissatisfaction — the state or attitude of not being satisfied; discontent; displeasure.
- dissatisfactory — causing dissatisfaction; unsatisfactory: dissatisfactory service.
- familiarization — to make (onself or another) well-acquainted or conversant with something.
- fasciolopsiasis — a parasitic disease caused by flukes of the genus Fasciolopsis and characterized by abdominal pain and diarrhea: common in the Far East.
16 letter words containing fa
- attorney-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- counterfactually — a conditional statement the first clause of which expresses something contrary to fact, as “If I had known.”.
- father-surrogate — a male who replaces an absent father and becomes an object of attachment.
17 letter words containing fa
- attorneys-in-fact — a person authorized by power of attorney to act on the authorizer's behalf outside a court of law.
- bed-and-breakfast — an accommodation offered by an inn, hotel, or especially a private home, consisting of a room for the night and breakfast the next morning for one inclusive price.
- defamiliarization — Art, Literature. a theory and technique, originating in the early 20th century, in which an artistic or literary work presents familiar objects or situations in an unfamiliar way, prolonging the perceptive process and allowing for a fresh perspective.
18 letter words containing fa
- farewell-to-spring — a slender, showy plant, Clarkia amoena, of the evening primrose family, native to western North America, having satiny, cup-shaped, lilac-crimson or reddish-pink flowers and roundish fruit.
On this page, we collect all words with FA. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4677 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FA that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.