Words ending with ly
3 letter words ending with ly
- bly — Nellie (Elizabeth Cochrane Seaman) 1867–1922, U.S. journalist and social reformer.
- alder fly — any of several dark-colored neuropterous insects of the family Sialidae, the larvae of which are aquatic and predacious on other aquatic insects.
- bee fly — any hairy beelike nectar-eating dipterous fly of the family Bombyliidae, whose larvae are parasitic on those of bees and related insects
- black fly — any small blackish stout-bodied dipterous fly of the family Simuliidae, which sucks the blood of man, mammals, and birds
- blow fly — any of numerous dipterous insects of the family Calliphoridae that deposit their eggs or larvae on carrion, excrement, etc., or in wounds of living animals.
4 letter words ending with ly
- ably — Ably means skilfully and successfully.
- agly — off the right line; awry; wrong.
- ally — A country's ally is another country that has an agreement to support it, especially in war.
- bely — Andrei [uhn-dryey] /ʌnˈdryeɪ/ (Show IPA), (Boris Nikolayevich Bugayev) 1880–1934, Russian writer.
- coly — any of the arboreal birds of the genus Colius, family Coliidae, and order Coliiformes, of southern Africa. They have a soft hairlike plumage, crested head, and very long tail
5 letter words ending with ly
- amply — more than sufficiently; fully; generously
- apply — If you apply for something such as a job or membership of an organization, you write a letter or fill in a form in order to ask formally for it.
- aptly — inclined; disposed; given; prone: too apt to slander others.
- badly — If something is done badly or goes badly, it is not very successful or effective.
- baily — one of the largest craters on the moon, about 293 kilometres in diameter, lying in the SE quadrant
6 letter words ending with ly
- acidly — Chemistry. a compound usually having a sour taste and capable of neutralizing alkalis and reddening blue litmus paper, containing hydrogen that can be replaced by a metal or an electropositive group to form a salt, or containing an atom that can accept a pair of electrons from a base. Acids are proton donors that yield hydronium ions in water solution, or electron-pair acceptors that combine with electron-pair donors or bases.
- aerily — in an aery manner
- airily — in a jaunty or high-spirited manner
- anally — of, pertaining to, involving, or near the anus.
- archly — in an arch manner; pertly and mischievously
7 letter words ending with ly
- acutely — If you feel or notice something acutely, you feel or notice it very strongly.
- adeptly — very skilled; proficient; expert: an adept juggler.
- affably — pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite: an affable and courteous gentleman.
- agilely — quick and well-coordinated in movement; lithe: an agile leap.
- alertly — fully aware and attentive; wide-awake; keen: an alert mind.
8 letter words ending with ly
- abjectly — utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched: abject poverty.
- abruptly — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absently — in an absent-minded or preoccupied manner; inattentively
- absurdly — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
- achingly — You can use achingly for emphasis when you are referring to things that create feelings of wanting something very much, but of not being able to have it.
9 letter words ending with ly
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abusively — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- abysmally — of or like an abyss; immeasurably deep or great.
- adamantly — utterly unyielding in attitude or opinion in spite of all appeals, urgings, etc.
- admirably — worthy of admiration; inspiring approval, reverence, or affection.
10 letter words ending with ly
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
- abnormally — not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard: abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.
- abominably — repugnantly hateful; detestable; loathsome: an abominable crime.
- abrasively — in an abrupt manner
- absolutely — Absolutely means totally and completely.
11 letter words ending with ly
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
- accentually — of or relating to accent or stress.
12 letter words ending with ly
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- academically — in relation to an academy
- accidentally — happening by chance or accident; not planned; unexpected: an accidental meeting.
13 letter words ending with ly
- acquiescently — disposed to acquiesce or consent tacitly.
- acrimoniously — caustic, stinging, or bitter in nature, speech, behavior, etc.: an acrimonious answer; an acrimonious dispute.
- acronymically — in an acronymic manner
- adiabatically — in an adiabetic manner
- adventurously — inclined or willing to engage in adventures; enjoying adventures.
14 letter words ending with ly
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
- acknowledgedly — by general agreement, admittedly
- advantageously — providing an advantage; furnishing convenience or opportunity; favorable; profitable; useful; beneficial: an advantageous position; an advantageous treaty.
- adventitiously — associated with something by chance rather than as an integral part; extrinsic.
15 letter words ending with ly
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- anisotropically — Physics. of unequal physical properties along different axes. Compare isotropic (def 1).
- apocalyptically — of or like an apocalypse; affording a revelation or prophecy.
- architecturally — of or relating to architecture: architectural metals.
16 letter words ending with ly
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
- asymptomatically — showing no evidence of disease.
- autodidactically — a person who has learned a subject without the benefit of a teacher or formal education; a self-taught person.
- bureaucratically — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
17 letter words ending with ly
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anticlimactically — of, like, pertaining to, or expressing anticlimax.
- chronographically — a timepiece fitted with a recording device, as a stylus and rotating drum, used to mark the exact instant of an occurrence, especially in astronomy.
- contemporaneously — living or occurring during the same period of time; contemporary.
- deterministically — the doctrine that all facts and events exemplify natural laws.
18 letter words ending with ly
- characteristically — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
19 letter words ending with ly
On this page, we collect all words that ending in LY. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7612 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in LY that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.