Words containing f, a
3 letter words containing f, a
4 letter words containing f, a
- adfa — Australian Defence Force Academy
- afar — Afar means a long way away.
- afdc — Aid to Families with Dependent Children
- afis — Automated Fingerprint Identification System: a computer system that scans fingerprints from crime scenes and compares them with millions of others around the world
- afro — Afro hair is very tightly curled and sticks out all around your head.
5 letter words containing f, a
- abaft — closer to the stern than to another place on a vessel
- acuff — Roy1903-92; U.S. composer & country music singer
- adolf — a male given name: from Germanic words meaning “noble” and “wolf.”.
- afaik — as far as I know
- affix — If you affix one thing to another, you stick it or attach it to the other thing.
6 letter words containing f, a
- a-life — Artificial Life
- adrift — If a boat is adrift, it is floating on the water and is not tied to anything or controlled by anyone.
- aerify — to change or cause to change into a gas
- afeard — frightened; afraid
- affair — If an event or a series of events has been mentioned and you want to talk about it again, you can refer to it as the affair.
7 letter words containing f, a
- a-frame — (of a house) constructed with an A-shaped elevation
- aberfan — a former coal-mining village in S Wales, in Merthyr Tydfil county borough: scene of a disaster in 1966 when a slag heap collapsed onto part of the village killing 144 people (including 116 children)
- abfarad — the cgs unit of capacitance in the electromagnetic system; the capacitance of a capacitor having a charge of 1 abcoulomb and a potential difference of 1 abvolt between its conductors: equivalent to 109 farads
- acetify — to become or cause to become acetic acid or vinegar
- acidify — to convert into or become acid
8 letter words containing f, a
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- ach-y-fi — an expression of disgust or abhorrence
- adfreeze — to adhere through the binding power of ice.
- aerified — to aerate.
- aeriform — having the form of air; gaseous
9 letter words containing f, a
- acid-fast — (of bacteria and tissues) resistant to decolorization by mineral acids after staining
- aciniform — shaped like a bunch of grapes
- acre-foot — the volume of water that would cover an area of 1 acre to a depth of 1 foot: equivalent to 43 560 cubic feet or 1233.5 cubic metres
- affecters — to give the appearance of; pretend or feign: to affect knowledge of the situation.
- affecting — If you describe something such as a story or a piece of music as affecting, you think it is good because it makes you feel a strong emotion, especially sadness or pity.
10 letter words containing f, a
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- about-face — An about-face is a complete change of attitude or opinion.
- actiniform — having radial form; rayed
- aeriferous — conveying air, as the bronchial tubes.
- affability — pleasantly easy to approach and to talk to; friendly; cordial; warmly polite: an affable and courteous gentleman.
11 letter words containing f, a
- acinaciform — (of leaves) shaped like a scimitar; curved
- acriflavine — a brownish or orange-red powder used in medicine as an antiseptic and disinfectant. Formula: C14H14N3Cl
- actor-proof — (of a role or script) effective even if poorly acted.
- advance-fee — money paid in advance, as for goods or services, to a commission agent or the like.
- affectation — If you say that someone's attitude or behaviour is an affectation, you disapprove of the fact that it is not genuine or natural, but is intended to impress other people.
12 letter words containing f, a
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
- adventureful — an exciting or very unusual experience.
- aerification — an act of combining with air.
- affectedness — assumed artificially; unnatural; feigned: affected sophistication; an affected British accent.
- affectionate — If you are affectionate, you show your love or fondness for another person in the way that you behave towards them.
13 letter words containing f, a
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- acidification — The act or process of making something sour (acidifying), or changing into an acid.
- affectability — the ability to be influenced or affected by something
- affectionless — showing no affection or kindly disposition towards
14 letter words containing f, a
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- accordion-fold — to fold into pleats resembling the bellows of an accordion: to make a fan by accordion-folding a sheet of paper.
- affectionately — showing, indicating, or characterized by affection or love; fondly tender: an affectionate embrace.
- aforementioned — If you refer to the aforementioned person or subject, you mean the person or subject that has already been mentioned.
- africanization — to replace the European or white staff of (an organization in Africa) with black Africans.
15 letter words containing f, a
- anti-conformist — a person who conforms, especially unquestioningly, to the usual practices or standards of a group, society, etc.
- anti-federalism — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
- antiferromagnet — a material which exhibits antiferromagnetism
- ariboflavinosis — a condition resulting from a dietary deficiency of riboflavin
- artificialness' — made by human skill; produced by humans (opposed to natural): artificial flowers.
16 letter words containing f, a
- african-american — African-Americans are black people living in the United States who are descended from families that originally came from Africa.
- african-canadian — a Canadian of African descent
- alpha-interferon — interferon (def 2).
- aminotransferase — transaminase.
- anti-federalists — U.S. History. a member or supporter of the Antifederal party.
17 letter words containing f, a
- aircraft-observer — someone or something that observes.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
- american-flagfish — flagfish (def 1).
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
18 letter words containing f, a
- antiferromagnetism — the phenomenon exhibited by substances that resemble paramagnetic substances in the value of their relative permeability but that behave like ferromagnetic substances when their temperature is varied
- bats-in-the-belfry — a hairy Eurasian campanulaceous plant, Campanula trachelium, with bell-shaped blue-purple flowers
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
- california-fuchsia — a plant belonging to the genus Fuchsia, of the evening primrose family, including many varieties cultivated for their handsome drooping flowers.
- cash-for-questions — of, involved in, or relating to a scandal in which some MPs were accused of accepting bribes to ask particular questions in Parliament
19 letter words containing f, a
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- chlorofluoromethane — any of a series of gaseous or volatile methanes substituted with chlorine and fluorine and containing little or no hydrogen: used as refrigerants and, formerly, as aerosol propellants until scientists became concerned about depletion of the atmospheric ozone layer.
20 letter words containing f, a
- clean-bill-of-health — a certificate, carried by a ship, attesting to the presence or absence of infectious diseases among the ship's crew and at the port from which it has come.
22 letter words containing f, a
- chlorotrifluoromethane — a colorless gas, CClF 3 , used chiefly as a refrigerant, in the hardening of metals, and in pharmaceutical processing.
23 letter words containing f, a
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
24 letter words containing f, a
- assembly-of-the-notables — a prominent, distinguished, or important person.
On this page, we collect all words with F, A. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 24467 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains F, A that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.