Words containing fal
4 letter words containing fal
- falk — (UK, dialect) The razorbill.
- fall — to come or drop down suddenly to a lower position, especially to leave a standing or erect position suddenly, whether voluntarily or not: to fall on one's knees.
- falt — An old English measure of wheat in London containing 9 bushels.
- falx — a structure shaped like a sickle, as a fold of dura mater separating the cerebral hemispheres.
5 letter words containing fal
6 letter words containing fal
- befall — If something bad or unlucky befalls you, it happens to you.
- falcon — any of several birds of prey of the family Falconidae, especially of the genus Falco, usually distinguished by long, pointed wings, a hooked beak with a toothlike notch on each side of the upper bill, and swift, agile flight, typically diving to seize prey: some falcon species are close to extinction.
- fallal — a bit of finery; a showy article of dress.
- fallax — (obsolete) cavillation; petty criticism.
- fallen — past participle of fall.
7 letter words containing fal
- alfalfa — Alfalfa is a plant that is used for feeding farm animals. The shoots that develop from its seeds are sometimes eaten as a vegetable.
- ashfall — the ash that falls as a deposit from the eruption of a volcano
- beefalo — a cross between a domestic cow and a buffalo, technically one that is three-eighths buffalo and five-eighths cow, intended for beef production
- befalls — Third-person singular simple present indicative form of befall.
- buffalo — A buffalo is a wild animal like a large cow with horns that curve upwards. Buffalo are usually found in southern and eastern Africa.
8 letter words containing fal
9 letter words containing fal
- befalling — A happening; occurrence; chance; event.
- buffaloed — any of several large wild oxen of the family Bovidae. Compare bison, Cape buffalo, water buffalo.
- chainfall — a hand-powered hoist consisting of chains working on the pulley principle, used to lift and manoeuvre large heavy objects
- crossfall — the camber of a road
- deadfalls — Plural form of deadfall.
10 letter words containing fal
- buffaloing — any of several large wild oxen of the family Bovidae. Compare bison, Cape buffalo, water buffalo.
- catafalque — a temporary raised platform on which a body lies in state before or during a funeral
- chapfallen — dejected; downhearted; crestfallen
- chopfallen — chapfallen
- defalcated — Simple past tense and past participle of defalcate.
11 letter words containing fal
- atchafalaya — a river in S central Louisiana, flowing S to an inlet (Atchafalaya Bay) on the Gulf of Mexico; a heavily engineered distributary of the Mississippi. 225 miles (362 km).
- buffalofish — any of several freshwater North American hump-backed cyprinoid fishes of the genus Ictiobus: family Catostomidae (suckers)
- catafalques — Plural form of catafalque.
- crestfallen — If you look crestfallen, you look sad and disappointed about something.
- defalcating — Present participle of defalcate.
12 letter words containing fal
- buffaloberry — any shrub of the genus Shepherdia native to North America
- fallaciously — In a fallacious manner, erroneously, illogically.
- false-acacia — Also called false acacia, yellow locust. a North American tree, Robinia pseudoacacia, of the legume family, having pinnate leaves and clusters of fragrant white flowers.
- false-mildew — Also called false mildew. any fungus of the family Peronosporaceae, causing many plant diseases and producing a white, downy mass of conidiophores, usually on the under surface of the leaves of the host plant.
- falsehearted — Alternative spelling of false-hearted.
13 letter words containing fal
- falcon-gentle — the female peregrine falcon.
- fallibilities — (of persons) liable to err, especially in being deceived or mistaken.
- false-hearted — having a false or treacherous heart; deceitful; perfidious.
- falsification — to make false or incorrect, especially so as to deceive: to falsify income-tax reports.
- infallibilism — the principle of papal infallibility
14 letter words containing fal
- fallaciousness — containing a fallacy; logically unsound: fallacious arguments.
- false-negative — Medicine/Medical. a test result that is incorrect because the test failed to recognize an existing condition or finding. a person who receives this test result.
- false-positive — Medicine/Medical. a test result that is incorrect because the test indicated a condition or finding that does not exist: a false-positive for syphilis. a person who receives this test result.
- falseheartedly — In a falsehearted manner.
- falsifiability — to make false or incorrect, especially so as to deceive: to falsify income-tax reports.
15 letter words containing fal
16 letter words containing fal
- falsificationism — (epistemology) A scientific philosophy based on the requirement that hypotheses must be falsifiable in order to be scientific; if a claim is not able to be refuted it is not a scientific claim.
19 letter words containing fal
- nordrhein-westfalen — German name of North Rhine-Westphalia.
On this page, we collect all words with FAL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 547 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains FAL that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.