Words starting with fal
4 letter words starting with fal
- falk — (UK, dialect) The razorbill.
- fall — to drop or descend under the force of gravity, as to a lower place through loss or lack of support.
- falt — An old English measure of wheat in London containing 9 bushels.
- falx — a structure shaped like a sickle, as a fold of dura mater separating the cerebral hemispheres.
- falk is — Falkland Islands
5 letter words starting with fal
- falaj — A qanat.
- falas — a text or refrain in old songs.
- falda — a white silk vestment extending from the waist to the ground, worn over the cassock by the pope on solemn occasions.
- faldo — Sir Nick , full name Nicholas Alexander Faldo, born 1957, English golfer: winner of the British Open Championship (1987, 1990, 1992) and the US Masters (1989, 1990, 1996)
- falla — Manuel de [mah-nwel de] /mɑˈnwɛl dɛ/ (Show IPA), 1876–1946, Spanish composer.
6 letter words starting with fal
- falcon — any of several birds of prey of the family Falconidae, especially of the genus Falco, usually distinguished by long, pointed wings, a hooked beak with a toothlike notch on each side of the upper bill, and swift, agile flight, typically diving to seize prey: some falcon species are close to extinction.
- fallal — a bit of finery; a showy article of dress.
- fallax — (obsolete) cavillation; petty criticism.
- fallen — past participle of fall.
- faller — a person or thing that falls.
7 letter words starting with fal
- fal-lal — a useless piece of finery or frippery
- falafel — a small croquette made with ground chickpeas or fava beans and spices, often served with salad and tahini in pita bread.
- falange — the official state political party in Spain from 1936 until disbandment in 1977.
- falasha — a member of an Ethiopian people who speak a Hamitic language and who practice a form of Judaism.
- falbala — a furbelow or puckered flounce for decorating dresses in the 17th century.
8 letter words starting with fal
- falafels — Plural form of falafel.
- falchion — a broad, short sword having a convex edge curving sharply to the point.
- falconer — a person who hunts with falcons or follows the sport of hawking.
- falconet — any of several small Asian falcons, especially of the genus Microhierax.
- falconry — the sport of hunting with falcons, hawks, eagles, etc.; hawking.
9 letter words starting with fal
10 letter words starting with fal
- falciparum — The parasitic protozoan Plasmodium falciparum that causes falciparum malaria.
- faldistory — a bishop's seat or throne
- faldstools — Plural form of faldstool.
- falkenhayn — Erich von [ey-rikh fuh n] /ˈeɪ rɪx fən/ (Show IPA), 1861–1922, German general of World War I.
- fallacious — containing a fallacy; logically unsound: fallacious arguments.
11 letter words starting with fal
- falconiform — of, relating to, or belonging to the order Falconiformes, comprising the vultures, hawks, eagles, ospreys, falcons, caracaras, etc.
- fallalishly — in a slightly affected manner
- fallibilism — the philosophical doctrine that knowledge is hypothetical rather than certain
- fallibilist — a supporter of fallibilism
- fallibility — (of persons) liable to err, especially in being deceived or mistaken.
12 letter words starting with fal
- fallaciously — In a fallacious manner, erroneously, illogically.
- false-acacia — Also called false acacia, yellow locust. a North American tree, Robinia pseudoacacia, of the legume family, having pinnate leaves and clusters of fragrant white flowers.
- false-mildew — Also called false mildew. any fungus of the family Peronosporaceae, causing many plant diseases and producing a white, downy mass of conidiophores, usually on the under surface of the leaves of the host plant.
- falsehearted — Alternative spelling of false-hearted.
- false-memory syndrome — a psychological condition in which a person believes that he or she remembers events that have not actually occurred.
13 letter words starting with fal
- falcon-gentle — the female peregrine falcon.
- fallibilities — (of persons) liable to err, especially in being deceived or mistaken.
- false-hearted — having a false or treacherous heart; deceitful; perfidious.
- falsification — to make false or incorrect, especially so as to deceive: to falsify income-tax reports.
14 letter words starting with fal
- fallaciousness — containing a fallacy; logically unsound: fallacious arguments.
- false-negative — Medicine/Medical. a test result that is incorrect because the test failed to recognize an existing condition or finding. a person who receives this test result.
- false-positive — Medicine/Medical. a test result that is incorrect because the test indicated a condition or finding that does not exist: a false-positive for syphilis. a person who receives this test result.
- falseheartedly — In a falsehearted manner.
- falsifiability — to make false or incorrect, especially so as to deceive: to falsify income-tax reports.
16 letter words starting with fal
- falsificationism — (epistemology) A scientific philosophy based on the requirement that hypotheses must be falsifiable in order to be scientific; if a claim is not able to be refuted it is not a scientific claim.
On this page, we collect all words starting with FAL. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 292 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with FAL. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.