Words ending with y
2 letter words ending with y
- abide by — If you abide by a law, agreement, or decision, you do what it says you should do.
3 letter words ending with y
4 letter words ending with y
5 letter words ending with y
- abbey — An abbey is a church with buildings attached to it in which monks or nuns live or used to live.
- abury — Avebury (def 2).
- acidy — of the nature of or resembling acid; sharp; sour: an acidy taste.
- ackey — a silver coin minted in England in the late 18th and early 19th centuries for use in western Africa.
- agamy — the absence of a rule dictating marriage choices within a social group.
6 letter words ending with y
- abbacy — the office, term of office, or jurisdiction of an abbot or abbess
- abomey — a city in SW Benin.
- acidly — Chemistry. a compound usually having a sour taste and capable of neutralizing alkalis and reddening blue litmus paper, containing hydrogen that can be replaced by a metal or an electropositive group to form a salt, or containing an atom that can accept a pair of electrons from a base. Acids are proton donors that yield hydronium ions in water solution, or electron-pair acceptors that combine with electron-pair donors or bases.
- acuity — Acuity is sharpness of vision or hearing, or quickness of thought.
- aerify — to change or cause to change into a gas
7 letter words ending with y
- abhenry — the cgs unit of inductance in the electromagnetic system; the inductance that results when a rate of change of current of 1 abampere per second generates an induced emf of 1 abvolt: equivalent to 10–9 henry
- ability — Your ability to do something is the fact that you can do it.
- academy — Academy is sometimes used in the names of schools and colleges, especially those specializing in particular subjects or skills, or private high schools in the United States.
- acetify — to become or cause to become acetic acid or vinegar
- acidify — to convert into or become acid
8 letter words ending with y
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- abjectly — utterly hopeless, miserable, humiliating, or wretched: abject poverty.
- abruptly — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absently — in an absent-minded or preoccupied manner; inattentively
- absurdly — utterly or obviously senseless, illogical, or untrue; contrary to all reason or common sense; laughably foolish or false: an absurd explanation.
9 letter words ending with y
10 letter words ending with y
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
- abiotrophy — the progressive degeneration of tissues, cells, etc
- abmodality — the differing of a measurable trait in an individual case from the mean for a population.
- abnormalcy — abnormality.
- abnormally — not normal, average, typical, or usual; deviating from a standard: abnormal powers of concentration; an abnormal amount of snow; abnormal behavior.
11 letter words ending with y
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abdominally — of, in, on, or for the abdomen: abdominal wall; abdominal pains.
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abiotically — in a way that involves the absence of life or the absence of living forms
- ablutionary — a cleansing with water or other liquid, especially as a religious ritual.
12 letter words ending with y
- abbreviatory — shortening
- aboriginally — of, relating to, or typical of aborigines: aboriginal customs.
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
13 letter words ending with y
- aboriginality — the state of being Aboriginal, esp with regard to having a common Aboriginal culture
- absorbability — to suck up or drink in (a liquid); soak up: A sponge absorbs water.
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- accessibility — easy to approach, reach, enter, speak with, or use.
- accidentology — the study of the prevention of accidents
14 letter words ending with y
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- accumulatively — tending to accumulate or arising from accumulation; cumulative.
15 letter words ending with y
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- air-superiority — designating a fighter aircraft built for long patrol capability at high altitudes and supersonic speeds, with air-to-air combat as its principal mission.
- anaesthesiology — the science of administering anesthetics.
16 letter words ending with y
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- antagonistically — acting in opposition; opposing, especially mutually.
- antirecessionary — used to counteract or offest the economic effects of a recession: the president's antirecessionary program.
- archaeoastronomy — the scientific study of the beliefs and practices concerning astronomy that existed in ancient and prehistoric civilizations
- arteriocapillary — Relating to the arteries and the capillaries.
17 letter words ending with y
- angiocardiography — the making of X-ray pictures of the heart and its blood vessels after injecting a radiopaque substance
- anthropogeography — a branch of anthropology dealing with the geographical distribution of humankind and the relationship between human beings and their environment.
- anthropologically — the science that deals with the origins, physical and cultural development, biological characteristics, and social customs and beliefs of humankind.
- anti-inflammatory — reducing inflammation
- anti-inflationary — of or relating to measures to counteract or combat inflation
18 letter words ending with y
19 letter words ending with y
On this page, we collect all words that ending in letter Y. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 25538 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in Y that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.