- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of encyclopedic word
- noun encyclopedic Comprehensive in terms of information. 1
- adjective encyclopedic comprehensive, complete 1
- adjective encyclopedic If you describe something as encyclopedic, you mean that it is very full, complete, and thorough in the amount of knowledge or information that it has. 0
- adjective encyclopedic of, characteristic of, or relating to an encyclopedia 0
- adjective encyclopedic covering a wide range of knowledge; comprehensive 0
- adjective encyclopedic of or like an encyclopedia; esp., giving information about many subjects; comprehensive in scope 0
Information block about the term
Parts of speech for Encyclopedic
A pretty common term. Usually people know it’s meaning, but prefer to use a more spread out synonym. About 55% of English native speakers know the meaning and use word.
According to our data about 58% of words is more used. This is a rare but used term. It occurs in the pages of specialized literature and in the speech of educated people.
encyclopedic usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for encyclopedic
- comprehensive — Something that is comprehensive includes everything that is needed or relevant.
- full — completely filled; containing all that can be held; filled to utmost capacity: a full cup.
- complete — You use complete to emphasize that something is as great in extent, degree, or amount as it possibly can be.
- in-depth — extensive, thorough, or profound: an in-depth analysis of the problem.
- thorough — executed without negligence or omissions: a thorough search.
Antonyms for encyclopedic
- narrow — of little breadth or width; not broad or wide; not as wide as usual or expected: a narrow path.
- limited — confined within limits; restricted or circumscribed: a limited space; limited resources.
- brief — Something that is brief lasts for only a short time.
- incomplete — not complete; lacking some part.
- summary — a comprehensive and usually brief abstract, recapitulation, or compendium of previously stated facts or statements.
- Words starting with e
- Words starting with en
- Words starting with enc
- Words starting with ency
- Words starting with encyc
- Words starting with encycl
- Words starting with encyclo
- Words starting with encyclop
- Words starting with encyclope
- Words starting with encycloped
- Words starting with encyclopedi
- Words starting with encyclopedic
- Words containing the letters e
- Words containing the letters e,n
- Words containing the letters e,n,c
- Words containing the letters e,n,c,y
- Words containing the letters e,n,c,y,l
- Words containing the letters e,n,c,y,l,o
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?