Words containing enc
5 letter words containing enc
- bench — A bench is a long seat of wood or metal that two or more people can sit on.
- cenci — a verse tragedy (1819) by Shelley.
- dench — Dame Judi (Olivia). born 1934, British actress and theatre director: her film roles include Mrs Brown (1997), Notes on a Scandal (2006), and, from1995 to 2012, 'M' in the James Bond series of films
- fence — a barrier enclosing or bordering a field, yard, etc., usually made of posts and wire or wood, used to prevent entrance, to confine, or to mark a boundary.
- hence — as an inference from this fact; for this reason; therefore: The eggs were very fresh and hence satisfactory.
6 letter words containing enc
- agency — An agency is a business which provides a service on behalf of other businesses.
- benchy — (of a hillside) hollowed out in benches
- blench — to shy away, as in fear; quail
- clench — When you clench your fist or your fist clenches, you curl your fingers up tightly, usually because you are very angry.
- cuenca — a city in SW Ecuador: university (1868). Pop: 311 000 (2005 est)
7 letter words containing enc
- abience — (psychology) Withdrawal from, or avoidance of a stimulus.
- absence — Someone's absence from a place is the fact that they are not there.
- alencon — a town in NW France: early lace-manufacturing centre. Pop: 28 935 (1999)
- ardency — having, expressive of, or characterized by intense feeling; passionate; fervent: an ardent vow; ardent love.
- bencher — a member of the governing body of one of the Inns of Court, usually a judge or a Queen's Counsel
8 letter words containing enc
- absences — state of being away or not being present: I acted as supervisor in his absence. Your absence was noted on the records.
- agencies — Plural form of agency.
- ambience — The ambience of a place is the character and atmosphere that it seems to have.
- audience — The audience at a play, concert, film, or public meeting is the group of people watching or listening to it.
- benching — a long seat for several persons: a bench in the park.
9 letter words containing enc
- accedence — to give consent, approval, or adherence; agree; assent; to accede to a request; to accede to the terms of a contract.
- accidence — inflectional morphology; the part of grammar concerned with changes in the form of words by internal modification or by affixation, for the expression of tense, person, case, number, etc
- acescence — The quality of being acescent; the process of acetous fermentation; a moderate degree of sourness.
- adherence — Adherence is the fact of adhering to a particular rule, agreement, or belief.
- adjacency — the quality or state of being adjacent; nearness
10 letter words containing enc
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- abhorrency — (obsolete) Aberrancy. (Attested only in the late 16th century.).
- absistence — (obsolete) A standing aloof.
- absorbency — capable of absorbing heat, light, moisture, etc.; tending to absorb.
- abstinence — Abstinence is the practice of abstaining from something such as alcoholic drink or sex, often for health or religious reasons.
11 letter words containing enc
- abhorrences — Plural form of abhorrence.
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- accrescence — continual increase
- acquiesence — A state or instance of acquiescing or passively accepting something, without necessarily consenting to it.
- adolescence — Adolescence is the period of your life in which you develop from being a child into being an adult.
12 letter words containing enc
- acquiescence — Acquiescence is agreement to do what someone wants, or acceptance of what they do even though you do not agree with it.
- adolescences — the transitional period between puberty and adulthood in human development, extending mainly over the teen years and terminating legally when the age of majority is reached; youth.
- altiloquence — Pompous language; lofty speech.
- ambitendency — ambivalence, especially when acted out; a tendency to contradictory behavior arising from conflicting impulses.
- anencephalic — born with no or only a partial brain
13 letter words containing enc
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
- anencephalous — congenital absence of part or all of the brain.
- birefringence — the splitting of a light ray, generally by a crystal, into two components that travel at different velocities and are polarized at right angles to each other
- circumference — The circumference of a circle, place, or round object is the distance around its edge.
- clairaudience — the postulated ability to hear sounds beyond the range of normal hearing
14 letter words containing enc
- archencephalon — the primitive forebrain region of the embryo, anterior to the notochord, that gives rise to the midbrain and forebrain.
- bioequivalence — the equality of strength, bioavailability, and dosage of various drug products
- chronosequence — (geology) A sequence of different soils formed at different times.
- circumferences — Plural form of circumference.
- clairsentience — The ability for a person to acquire psychic knowledge by means of feeling.
15 letter words containing enc
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- anticoincidence — of or relating to an electronic circuit that produces an output pulse if one but not both of its input terminals receives a pulse within a specified interval of time
- bioluminescence — the production of light by living organisms as a result of the oxidation of a light-producing substance (luciferin) by the enzyme luciferase: occurs in many marine organisms, insects such as the firefly, etc
- collenchymatous — Relating to collenchyma.
- correspondences — communication by exchange of letters.
16 letter words containing enc
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- autofluorescence — (biology, microscopy) Self-induced fluorescence.
- counter-tendency — a natural or prevailing disposition to move, proceed, or act in some direction or toward some point, end, or result: the tendency of falling bodies toward the earth.
- counter-violence — swift and intense force: the violence of a storm.
- counterevidences — Plural form of counterevidence.
17 letter words containing enc
- buttock-clenching — making one tighten the buttocks through extreme fear or embarrassment
- chemiluminescence — the phenomenon in which a chemical reaction leads to the emission of light without incandescence
- chemoluminescence — (chemistry) The emission of light as the result of a chemical reaction.
- counter-influence — the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
- counterinsurgency — action taken by a government to counter the activities of rebels, guerrillas, etc
18 letter words containing enc
- echoencephalograph — a device that employs reflected ultrasonic waves to examine the position of brain structures.
- immunofluorescence — any of various techniques for detecting an antigen or antibody in a sample by coupling its specifically interactive antibody or antigen to a fluorescent compound, mixing with the sample, and observing the reaction under an ultraviolet-light microscope.
- inter-independence — Also, independency. the state or quality of being independent.
- microencapsulation — the process of enclosing chemical substances in microcapsules.
- non-correspondence — communication by exchange of letters.
19 letter words containing enc
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- complement-sentence — a subordinate clause that functions as the subject, direct object, or prepositional object of a verb, as that you like it in I'm surprised that you like it.
- conscience-stricken — feeling anxious or guilty
- convergent-sequence — an infinite sequence, x 1 , x 2 , …, whose terms are points in Ek, in which there exists a point y such that the limit as n goes to infinity of xn = y if and only if for every ε>0, there exists a number N such that i > N and j > N implies | xi − xj |< ε. Also called Cauchy sequence, convergent sequence. Compare complete (def 10b).
- counterinsurgencies — Plural form of counterinsurgency.
20 letter words containing enc
- magnetoencephalogram — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
- material-equivalence — the state or fact of being equivalent; equality in value, force, significance, etc.
- pseudoparenchymatous — (in certain fungi and red algae) a compact mass of tissue, made up of interwoven hyphae or filaments, that superficially resembles plant tissue.
21 letter words containing enc
23 letter words containing enc
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
- magneto-encephalography — a record of the magnetic field of the brain. Abbreviation: MEG.
On this page, we collect all words with ENC. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2765 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ENC that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.