Words containing e, n
4 letter words containing e, n
- acne — If someone has acne, they have a skin condition which causes a lot of spots on their face and neck.
- aden — the main port and commercial capital of Yemen, on the N coast of the Gulf of Aden, an arm of the Indian Ocean at the entrance to the Red Sea: capital of South Yemen until 1990: formerly an important port of call on shipping routes to the East. Pop: 584 000 (2005 est)
- aeon — An aeon is an extremely long period of time.
- agen — a market town in SW France, on the Garonne river. Pop: 30 170 (1999)
- amen — Amen is said by Christians at the end of a prayer.
5 letter words containing e, n
- a-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abner — a masculine name
- aden- — adeno-
- adeni — a native or inhabitant of Aden.
- admen — Also called advertising man. one whose profession is writing, designing, or selling advertisements.
6 letter words containing e, n
- a-line — (of a garment, esp a skirt or dress) flaring slightly from the waist or shoulders
- aachen — a city and spa in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia: the northern capital of Charlemagne's empire. Pop: 256 605 (2003 est)
- aarnet — Australian Academic Research Network
- abient — tending to move away from a stimulus or situation.
- absent — If someone or something is absent from a place or situation where they should be or where they usually are, they are not there.
7 letter words containing e, n
- abalone — Abalone is a shellfish that you can eat and that has a shiny substance called mother-of-pearl inside its shell.
- abdomen — Your abdomen is the part of your body below your chest where your stomach and intestines are.
- abelian — of or relating to an Abelian group
- abelson — Philip. 1913–2004, US physical chemist. He created (with Edwin McMillan) the first transuranic element, neptunium (1940)
- abenaki — a member of a group of E Algonquian peoples living mainly in Maine and S Quebec
8 letter words containing e, n
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- aaronite — one of the priestly descendants of Aaron.
- abalones — a large mollusk of the genus Haliotis, having a bowllike shell bearing a row of respiratory holes, the flesh of which is used for food and the shell for ornament and as a source of mother-of-pearl.
- abducens — abducens nerve.
9 letter words containing e, n
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abandonee — a person to whom something is formally relinquished, esp an insurer having the right to salvage a wreck
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
10 letter words containing e, n
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aberrantly — in an aberrant manner
- aberration — An aberration is an incident or way of behaving that is not typical.
11 letter words containing e, n
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abbevillian — the period represented by Lower Palaeolithic European sites containing the earliest hand axes, dating from the Mindel glaciation
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
12 letter words containing e, n
- a-number-one — noting a vessel regarded by a shipping-classification society as being equipped to the highest standard and with equipment maintained in first-class condition.
- abbreviation — An abbreviation is a short form of a word or phrase, made by leaving out some of the letters or by using only the first letter of each word.
- aberrational — characterized by aberration
- abolitionize — (esp. prior to the Civil War) to convert (persons, a region, a state, etc.) to abolitionism.
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
13 letter words containing e, n
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- abbreviations — a shortened or contracted form of a word or phrase, used to represent the whole, as Dr. for Doctor, U.S. for United States, lb. for pound.
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abnormalities — an abnormal condition, state, or quality; irregularity; deviation.
- abortifacient — causing abortion
14 letter words containing e, n
- above-the-line — denoting entries printed above the horizontal line on a company's profit-and-loss account separating the entries that show how the profit (or loss) was made from the entries showing how the profit is to be distributed
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
15 letter words containing e, n
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acanthocephalan — any of the parasitic wormlike invertebrates of the phylum Acanthocephala, the adults of which have a spiny proboscis and live in the intestines of vertebrates
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- accessorization — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
16 letter words containing e, n
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- acquaintanceship — a person known to one, but usually not a close friend.
17 letter words containing e, n
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- air-transportable — that can be transported by aircraft: air-transportable equipment.
- alpha-fetoprotein — a protein that forms in the liver of the human fetus. Excessive quantities in the amniotic fluid and maternal blood may indicate spina bifida in the fetus; low levels may point to Down's syndrome
18 letter words containing e, n
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
19 letter words containing e, n
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
20 letter words containing e, n
- abetalipoproteinemia — a rare inherited disorder of fat metabolism due to an inability to synthesize certain apolipoproteins necessary for the transport of triglycerides, leading to diarrhea, steatorrhea, and failure to thrive.
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- acetylmethylcarbinol — acetoin.
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- adrenocorticotrophic — stimulating the adrenal cortex
21 letter words containing e, n
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
23 letter words containing e, n
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
On this page, we collect all words with E, N. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 111687 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains E, N that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.