Words starting with e
1 letter words starting with e
- e — the fifth letter of the English alphabet, a vowel.
- e galaxy — a type of galaxy having the shape of a spheroid or ellipsoid, rather than a disk.
- e hoa — friend; pal
- e layer — the radio-reflective ionospheric layer of maximum electron density, normally found at an altitude between 60 and 75 miles (100 and 120 km).
- e number — E numbers are artificial substances which are added to some foods and drinks to improve their flavour or colour or to make them last longer. They are called E numbers because they are represented in Europe by code names which begin with the letter 'E'.
2 letter words starting with e
- e- — electronic, on the Internet
- e. — Alec (Alexander Raban) 1898–1981, English novelist, traveler, and lecturer (son of Arthur, brother of Evelyn).
- ea — the Akkadian god of wisdom, the son of Apsu and father of Marduk: the counterpart of Enki.
- ec — European Community
- ed — a male given name, form of Edgar or Edward.
3 letter words starting with e
- ea. — each
- eak — Kenya (international car registration)
- eam — (dialectal, or, obsolete) Uncle.
- ear — the part of a cereal plant, as corn, wheat, etc., that contains the flowers and hence the fruit, grains, or kernels.
- eas — the Akkadian god of wisdom, the son of Apsu and father of Marduk: the counterpart of Enki.
4 letter words starting with e
5 letter words starting with e
- e-car — a car powered by electricity
- e-crm — customer relationship management carried out on the internet
- e-fit — An e-fit is a computer-generated picture of someone who is suspected of a crime. Compare identikit, , Photofit.
- eacso — East African Common Services Organization
- eagan — a town in SE Minnesota.
6 letter words starting with e
- e-boat — (in World War II) a fast German boat carrying guns and torpedoes
- e-book — a book in digital form.
- e-card — a greeting card chosen from a website by the sender, and sent by the site to the recipient as an email with a link back to the site to view the card: Personalize your e-card with a message and photograph.
- e-cash — money that is exchanged electronically over computer or telecommunications networks.
- e-coli — Escherichia coli.
7 letter words starting with e
- e-crime — criminal activity that involves the use of computers or networks such as the internet
- e-prime — a modification of the English language that avoids all forms of the verb be.
- eadwine — Edwin (def 1).
- eagerly — keen or ardent in desire or feeling; impatiently longing: I am eager for news about them. He is eager to sing.
- eanling — a young lamb; kid.
8 letter words starting with e
- e-piracy — the illegal uploading of digital copies of copyrighted works to a website, or the illegal downloading of such material.
- e-reader — a portable electronic device used for reading books and other text materials that are in digital form.
- e-tailer — the selling of goods and services on the Internet or through email solicitation.
- e-ticket — an electronic record confirming the purchase of a seat on an airline flight: Present your e-ticket to receive your boarding pass.
- e-voting — electronic voting.
9 letter words starting with e
- e-address — an e-mail address
- e-payment — a digital payment for a transaction made on the internet
- e-tailing — the selling of goods and services on the Internet or through email solicitation.
- eagerness — keen or ardent in desire or feeling; impatiently longing: I am eager for news about them. He is eager to sing.
- eagle-eye — unusually sharp visual powers; keen ability to watch or observe.
10 letter words starting with e
11 letter words starting with e
- e-cigarette — a device used to simulate the experience of smoking, having a cartridge with a heater that vaporizes liquid nicotine instead of burning tobacco.
- e-marketing — the practice of marketing by means of the internet
- e-signature — a technology that allows a person to electronically affix a signature or its equivalent to an electronic document, as when consenting to an online contract.
- earnestness — serious in intention, purpose, or effort; sincerely zealous: an earnest worker.
- earth-color — (often initial capital letter) the planet third in order from the sun, having an equatorial diameter of 7926 miles (12,755 km) and a polar diameter of 7900 miles (12,714 km), a mean distance from the sun of 92.9 million miles (149.6 million km), and a period of revolution of 365.26 days, and having one satellite.
12 letter words starting with e
- e-government — the provision of government information and services by means of the internet and other computer resources
- ear-grabbing — (of music) immediately capturing and holding the attention of listeners
- ear-piercing — extremely harsh and irritating to the ear: ear-piercing noise.
- earsplitting — ear-piercing: an earsplitting explosion.
- earth-grazer — an asteroid in an orbit that takes it close to the earth
13 letter words starting with e
- e-recruitment — the practice of using Internet or electronic resources to recruit new employees, as by searching online résumé databases.
- ear-splitting — ear-piercing: an earsplitting explosion.
- earth-goddess — a goddess of fertility and vegetation.
- easter-ledges — a pudding made from the young leaves of the bistort
- eavesdropping — to listen secretly to a private conversation.
14 letter words starting with e
- east-northeast — the point on a compass midway between east and northeast.
- east-southeast — the point on a compass midway between east and southeast.
- easternization — (usually initial capital letter) to influence with ideas, customs, etc., characteristic of eastern Asia.
- easy-listening — Also called easy listening. popular music having comparatively conventional, melodic qualities and hence having broad commercial appeal.
- eaves-dropping — to listen secretly to a private conversation.
15 letter words starting with e
16 letter words starting with e
- earth-shattering — earthshaking.
- easter-sepulcher — a tomb, grave, or burial place.
- ecclesiastically — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- echocardiography — an instrument employing reflected ultrasonic waves to examine the structures and functioning of the heart.
17 letter words starting with e
18 letter words starting with e
- echoencephalograph — a device that employs reflected ultrasonic waves to examine the position of brain structures.
19 letter words starting with e
- echoencephalography — a device that employs reflected ultrasonic waves to examine the position of brain structures.
21 letter words starting with e
- ecological-succession — the coming of one person or thing after another in order, sequence, or in the course of events: many troubles in succession.
On this page, we collect all words starting with letter E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 10916 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with E. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.