Words containing en
3 letter words containing en
- ben — an inner room in a house or cottage
4 letter words containing en
- aden — the main port and commercial capital of Yemen, on the N coast of the Gulf of Aden, an arm of the Indian Ocean at the entrance to the Red Sea: capital of South Yemen until 1990: formerly an important port of call on shipping routes to the East. Pop: 584 000 (2005 est)
- agen — a market town in SW France, on the Garonne river. Pop: 30 170 (1999)
- amen — Amen is said by Christians at the end of a prayer.
- aten — (in ancient Egypt) the solar disc worshipped as the sole god in the reign of Akhenaten
- been — Been is the past participle of be1.
5 letter words containing en
- aden- — adeno-
- adeni — a native or inhabitant of Aden.
- admen — Also called advertising man. one whose profession is writing, designing, or selling advertisements.
- agena — a U.S. upper stage, with a restartable liquid-propellant engine, used with various booster stages to launch satellites into orbit around the earth and send probes to the moon and planets: also used as a docking target in the Gemini program.
- agent — An agent is a person who looks after someone else's business affairs or does business on their behalf.
6 letter words containing en
- aachen — a city and spa in W Germany, in North Rhine-Westphalia: the northern capital of Charlemagne's empire. Pop: 256 605 (2003 est)
- abient — tending to move away from a stimulus or situation.
- absent — If someone or something is absent from a place or situation where they should be or where they usually are, they are not there.
- accent — Someone who speaks with a particular accent pronounces the words of a language in a distinctive way that shows which country, region, or social class they come from.
- achene — a dry one-seeded indehiscent fruit with the seed distinct from the fruit wall. It may be smooth, as in the buttercup, or feathery, as in clematis
7 letter words containing en
- abdomen — Your abdomen is the part of your body below your chest where your stomach and intestines are.
- abenaki — a member of a group of E Algonquian peoples living mainly in Maine and S Quebec
- abhenry — the cgs unit of inductance in the electromagnetic system; the inductance that results when a rate of change of current of 1 abampere per second generates an induced emf of 1 abvolt: equivalent to 10–9 henry
- abilene — a city in central Texas. Pop: 114 889 (2003 est)
- abluent — a substance used for cleansing
8 letter words containing en
- a-plenty — in sufficient quantity; in generous amounts (usually used following the noun it modifies): He had troubles aplenty.
- abducens — abducens nerve.
- abducent — (of a muscle) abducting
- aberdeen — a city in NE Scotland, on the North Sea: centre for processing North Sea oil and gas; university (1494). Pop: 184 788 (2001)
- abetment — to encourage, support, or countenance by aid or approval, usually in wrongdoing: to abet a swindler; to abet a crime.
9 letter words containing en
- abasement — to reduce or lower, as in rank, office, reputation, or estimation; humble; degrade.
- abashment — to destroy the self-confidence, poise, or self-possession of; disconcert; make ashamed or embarrassed: to abash someone by sneering.
- abatement — Abatement means a reduction in the strength or power of something or the reduction of it.
- abhorrent — If something is abhorrent to you, you hate it very much or consider it completely unacceptable.
- abiogenic — not resulting from the activity of living organisms.
10 letter words containing en
- abalienate — (civil law, transitive) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- abridgment — a shortened version of a written work
- absorbency — capable of absorbing heat, light, moisture, etc.; tending to absorb.
- abstention — Abstention is a formal act of not voting either for or against a proposal.
11 letter words containing en
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- abhorrently — causing repugnance; detestable; loathsome: an abhorrent deed.
- abiogenesis — the hypothetical process by which living organisms first arose on earth from nonliving matter
- abolishment — to do away with; put an end to; annul; make void: to abolish slavery.
12 letter words containing en
- abrasiveness — any material or substance used for grinding, polishing, etc., as emery, pumice, or sandpaper.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absoluteness — the quality of being absolute
- abstruseness — hard to understand; recondite; esoteric: abstruse theories.
- accentuating — to give emphasis or prominence to.
13 letter words containing en
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- abortifacient — causing abortion
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- abstentionism — the policy of withholding one's vote or refusing to participate in some other aspect of the political process
- abstentionist — a person who practises or advocates abstention or abstentionism
14 letter words containing en
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- absorbefacient — a medicine or other agent that promotes absorption
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accompaniments — something incidental or added for ornament, symmetry, etc.
15 letter words containing en
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- acquisitiveness — tending or seeking to acquire and own, often greedily; eager to get wealth, possessions, etc.: our acquisitive impulses; acquisitive societies.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
16 letter words containing en
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
- ancienne-lorette — a town in S Quebec, in E Canada.
- anthropocentrism — an anthropocentric theory or view.
17 letter words containing en
- anti-carcinogenic — any substance or agent that tends to produce a cancer.
- anti-conventional — conforming or adhering to accepted standards, as of conduct or taste: conventional behavior.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- argumentativeness — fond of or given to argument and dispute; disputatious; contentious: The law students were an unusually argumentative group.
18 letter words containing en
- agri-environmental — of or relating to the impact of agricultural practices on the environment
- angiotensinogenase — (enzyme) renin.
- anthropocentricity — the state or quality of being anthropocentric.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-miscegenation — marriage or cohabitation between two people from different racial groups, especially, in the U.S., between a black person and a white person: In 1968 the Supreme Court ruled unanimously that state laws prohibiting miscegenation were unconstitutional.
19 letter words containing en
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- anthropocentrically — regarding the human being as the central fact of the universe.
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
20 letter words containing en
22 letter words containing en
- antiestablishmentarian — a person who supports or advocates antiestablishmentarianism.
23 letter words containing en
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
25 letter words containing en
28 letter words containing en
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
29 letter words containing en
- arabian-nights-entertainments — a collection of Eastern folk tales derived in part from Indian and Persian sources and dating from the 10th century a.d.
On this page, we collect all words with EN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 29731 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains EN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.