- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of adjudged word
- verb with object adjudged to declare or pronounce formally; decree: The will was adjudged void. 1
- verb with object adjudged to award or assign judicially: The prize was adjudged to him. 1
- verb with object adjudged to decide by a judicial opinion or sentence: to adjudge a case. 1
- verb with object adjudged to sentence or condemn: He was adjudged to die. 1
- verb with object adjudged to deem; consider; think: It was adjudged wise to avoid war. 1
- noun adjudged Simple past tense and past participle of adjudge. 1
Information block about the term
Origin of adjudged
First appearance:before 1325
One of the 16% oldest English words
1325-75; Middle English ajugen < Middle French ajug(i)er < Latin adjūdicāre. See adjudicate
Parts of speech for Adjudged
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 75% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
According to our data about 51% of words is more used. This is a rare but used term. It occurs in the pages of specialized literature and in the speech of educated people.
adjudged usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for adjudged
- judged — a public officer authorized to hear and decide cases in a court of law; a magistrate charged with the administration of justice.
- found — simple past tense and past participle of find.
- deemed — to form or have an opinion; judge; think: He did not deem lightly of the issue.
- considered — A considered opinion or act is the result of careful thought.
- decided — Decided means clear and definite.
Antonyms for adjudged
- deferred — withheld over a certain period; postponed
- hesitated — to be reluctant or wait to act because of fear, indecision, or disinclination: She hesitated to take the job.
- ignored — to refrain from noticing or recognizing: to ignore insulting remarks.
- left — of, relating to, or located on or near the side of a person or thing that is turned toward the west when the subject is facing north (opposed to right).
Top questions with adjudged
- what does adjudged mean?
- what does ordered and adjudged mean?
- what does ordered adjudged and decreed mean?
- what is adjudged value?
- what is the meaning of adjudged?
- Words starting with a
- Words starting with ad
- Words starting with adj
- Words starting with adju
- Words starting with adjud
- Words starting with adjudg
- Words starting with adjudge
- Words starting with adjudged
- Words containing the letters a
- Words containing the letters a,d
- Words containing the letters a,d,j
- Words containing the letters a,d,j,u
- Words containing the letters a,d,j,u,g
- Words containing the letters a,d,j,u,g,e