Words starting with ad
2 letter words starting with ad
- ad — You use AD in dates to indicate the number of years or centuries that have passed since the year in which Jesus Christ is believed to have been born. Compare BC.
- ad absurdum — to the point of absurdity.
- ad arbitrium — at pleasure; at will.
- ad astra per aspera — to the stars through difficulties
- ad damnum — a formal and specific claim by a plaintiff for damages.
3 letter words starting with ad
4 letter words starting with ad
- adad — a coded card or other device that when inserted into a telephone allows the user to reach a number without dialing.
- adah — one of the two wives of Lamech. Gen. 4:19.
- adak — an island in SW Alaska, in the Andreanof group of the Aleutian Islands.
- adam — the first man, created by God: the progenitor of the human race (Genesis 2–3)
- adar — (in the Jewish calendar) the twelfth month of the year according to biblical reckoning and the sixth month of the civil year, usually falling within February and March. In a leap year, an additional month Adar Rishon (first Adar) is intercalated between Shevat and Adar, and the latter is known as Adar Sheni (second Adar)
5 letter words starting with ad
- adage — An adage is something which people often say and which expresses a general truth about some aspect of life.
- adama — Admah.
- adami — Edward Fenech. born 1934, Maltese politician, president of Malta (2004–2009)
- adams — a mountain in SW Washington, in the Cascade Range. Height: 3751 m (12 307 ft)
- adana — a city in S Turkey, capital of Adana province. Pop: 1 248 000 (2005 est)
6 letter words starting with ad
- ad-lib — If you ad-lib something in a play or a speech, you say something which has not been planned or written beforehand.
- adages — a traditional saying expressing a common experience or observation; proverb.
- adagio — Adagio written above a piece of music means that it should be played slowly.
- adamas — Admah.
- adamic — pertaining to or suggestive of Adam.
7 letter words starting with ad
- adagial — proverbial
- adagios — Plural form of adagio.
- adamant — If someone is adamant about something, they are determined not to change their mind about it.
- adamawa — a state of Nigeria, in the E on the border with Cameroon. Capital: Yola. Pop: 3 168 101 (2006). Area: 36 917 sq km (14 254 sq miles)
- adament — Misspelling of adamant.
8 letter words starting with ad
- adabazar — former name of Adapazari.
- adamance — a state of resoluteness
- adamancy — a state of resoluteness
- adamsite — a yellow poisonous crystalline solid that readily sublimes; diphenylaminechlorarsine. It is used in chemical warfare as a vomiting agent. Formula: C6H4AsClNHC6H4; relative density: 1.65; melting pt: 195°C; boiling pt: 410°C
- adapters — Plural form of adapter.
9 letter words starting with ad
- adamantly — utterly unyielding in attitude or opinion in spite of all appeals, urgings, etc.
- adamently — Misspelling of adamantly.
- adapazari — city in NW Turkey: pop. 152,000
- adaptable — If you describe a person or animal as adaptable, you mean that they are able to change their ideas or behaviour in order to deal with new situations.
- adaptably — In an adaptable manner.
10 letter words starting with ad
- ad-hockery — reliance on temporary solutions rather than on consistent, long-term plans.
- adactylous — possessing no fingers or toes
- adamantane — a white crystalline alicyclic hydrocarbon, C 10 H 16 , consisting of four fused cyclohexane rings, with the carbon atoms arranged as in the diamond lattice.
- adamantean — of or relating to adamant
- adamantine — very hard; unbreakable or unyielding
11 letter words starting with ad
12 letter words starting with ad
13 letter words starting with ad
- adam's-needle — a North American liliaceous plant, Yucca filamentosa, that has a tall woody stem, stiff pointed leaves, and large clusters of white flowers arranged in spikes. It is cultivated as an ornamental plant
- adaptableness — The state or quality of being adaptable; adaptability.
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- addictiveness — producing or tending to cause addiction: an addictive drug.
- additionality — (in Britain) the principle that money raised by the National Lottery should only be spent on projects that would not otherwise be funded by government spending
14 letter words starting with ad
- adaptationally — in an adaptational manner
- adaptativeness — Adaptability.
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- addressability — (computing) The capability of a microprocessor etc. to deal with values of a certain size using a single instruction.
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
15 letter words starting with ad
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- adenocarcinomas — Plural form of adenocarcinoma.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- adenoidectomies — Plural form of adenoidectomy.
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
16 letter words starting with ad
- adenohypophyseal — Alternative form of adenohypophysial.
- adenohypophysial — Relating to the adenohypophysis.
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
17 letter words starting with ad
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
18 letter words starting with ad
- adenocarcinomatous — Of or pertaining to adenocarcinomas.
- adenosylmethionine — (biochemistry) An adenosyl derivative of methionine that is a common co-substrate involved in transmethylation.
- administrative-law judge — an official of a federal or state agency who hears, weighs, and decides on evidence in administrative proceedings, and makes recommendations for any necessary legal action.
19 letter words starting with ad
20 letter words starting with ad
On this page, we collect all words starting with AD. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 1260 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with AD. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.