Words containing ad
3 letter words containing ad
4 letter words containing ad
- adad — a coded card or other device that when inserted into a telephone allows the user to reach a number without dialing.
- adah — one of the two wives of Lamech. Gen. 4:19.
- adak — an island in SW Alaska, in the Andreanof group of the Aleutian Islands.
- adam — the first man, created by God: the progenitor of the human race (Genesis 2–3)
- adar — (in the Jewish calendar) the twelfth month of the year according to biblical reckoning and the sixth month of the civil year, usually falling within February and March. In a leap year, an additional month Adar Rishon (first Adar) is intercalated between Shevat and Adar, and the latter is known as Adar Sheni (second Adar)
5 letter words containing ad
6 letter words containing ad
- abadan — a port in SW Iran, on an island in the Shatt-al-Arab delta. Pop: 307 000 (2005 est)
- abbado — Claudio. 1933–2014, Italian conductor; principal conductor of the London Symphony Orchestra (1979–88); director of the Vienna State Opera (1986–91), and the Berlin Philharmonic (1989–2001)
- aborad — (anatomy) Away from the oral opening or mouth (compare with ventral).
- abrade — To abrade something means to scrape or wear down its surface by rubbing it.
- abroad — If you go abroad, you go to a foreign country, usually one which is separated from the country where you live by an ocean or a sea.
7 letter words containing ad
- abaddon — the Devil (Revelation 9:11)
- abfarad — the cgs unit of capacitance in the electromagnetic system; the capacitance of a capacitor having a charge of 1 abcoulomb and a potential difference of 1 abvolt between its conductors: equivalent to 109 farads
- abraded — Simple past tense and past participle of abrade.
- academe — The academic world of universities is sometimes referred to as academe.
- academy — Academy is sometimes used in the names of schools and colleges, especially those specializing in particular subjects or skills, or private high schools in the United States.
8 letter words containing ad
- abradant — abrading
- academes — the campus activity, life, and interests of a college or university; the academic world.
- academia — Academia refers to all the academics in a particular country or region, the institutions they work in, and their work.
- academic — Academic is used to describe things that relate to the work done in schools, colleges, and universities, especially work which involves studying and reasoning rather than practical or technical skills.
- academus — an Arcadian whose estate became a meeting place for Athenian philosophers.
9 letter words containing ad
- abradable — capable of being abraded
- academese — pedantic, pretentious, and often confusing academic jargon: a presumably scholarly article written in incomprehensible academese.
- academics — of or relating to a college, academy, school, or other educational institution, especially one for higher education: academic requirements.
- academise — to reduce (a subject) to a rigid set of rules, principles, precepts, etc.: futile attempts to academize the visual arts.
- academism — academicism.
10 letter words containing ad
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- academical — academic.
- ad-hockery — reliance on temporary solutions rather than on consistent, long-term plans.
- adactylous — possessing no fingers or toes
- adamantane — a white crystalline alicyclic hydrocarbon, C 10 H 16 , consisting of four fused cyclohexane rings, with the carbon atoms arranged as in the diamond lattice.
11 letter words containing ad
- abracadabra — Abracadabra is a word that someone says when they are performing a magic trick in order to make the magic happen.
- academicals — traditional academic clothing; cap and gown
- academician — An academician is a member of an academy, usually one which has been formed to improve or maintain standards in a particular field.
- academicism — adherence to rules and traditions in art, literature, etc; conventionalism
- academicize — academize.
12 letter words containing ad
13 letter words containing ad
- adam's-needle — a North American liliaceous plant, Yucca filamentosa, that has a tall woody stem, stiff pointed leaves, and large clusters of white flowers arranged in spikes. It is cultivated as an ornamental plant
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
- addictiveness — producing or tending to cause addiction: an addictive drug.
- additionality — (in Britain) the principle that money raised by the National Lottery should only be spent on projects that would not otherwise be funded by government spending
- addressograph — a machine for addressing envelopes, etc
14 letter words containing ad
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
- administrating — to administer.
- administration — Administration is the range of activities connected with organizing and supervising the way that an organization or institution functions.
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
15 letter words containing ad
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- adenohypophysis — the anterior lobe of the pituitary gland
- adjectivization — Grammar. to make into an adjective, as by adding a suffix: The noun mirth can be adjectivized by adding -ful or -less to form the adjectives mirthful and mirthless.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- anti-radicalism — the holding or following of radical or extreme views or principles.
16 letter words containing ad
- adiadochokinesia — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adiadochokinesis — the inability to perform rapidly alternating muscular movements, as flexion and extension.
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
17 letter words containing ad
19 letter words containing ad
20 letter words containing ad
On this page, we collect all words with AD. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 9577 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains AD that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.