Words ending with ve
3 letter words ending with ve
- ave — the salutation “ave.”.
- adam and eve — the puttyroot.
- allhallows eve — Halloween.
- christmas eve — Christmas Eve is the 24th of December, the day before Christmas Day.
- midsummer eve — the evening preceding Midsummer Day: formerly believed to be a time when witches and other supernatural beings caused widespread mischief.
4 letter words ending with ve
- aave — African-American Vernacular English
- cave — A cave is a large hole in the side of a cliff or hill, or one that is under the ground.
- cove — A cove is a part of a coast where the land curves inwards so that the sea is partly enclosed.
- cpve — Certificate of Pre-vocational Education: a certificate awarded for completion of a broad-based course of study offered as a less advanced alternative to traditional school-leaving qualifications
- cuve — a wine vat.
5 letter words ending with ve
- above — If one thing is above another one, it is directly over it or higher than it.
- agave — any plant of the genus Agave, native to tropical America, with tall flower stalks rising from a massive, often armed, rosette of thick fleshy leaves: family Agavaceae. Some species are the source of fibres such as sisal or of alcoholic beverages such as pulque and tequila
- alive — If people or animals are alive, they are not dead.
- bhave — Vinoba [vee-noh-buh] /viˈnoʊ bə/ (Show IPA), 1895–1982, Indian religious leader and mystic.
- brave — Someone who is brave is willing to do things which are dangerous, and does not show fear in difficult or dangerous situations.
6 letter words ending with ve
- active — Someone who is active moves around a lot or does a lot of things.
- alcove — An alcove is a small area of a room which is formed by one part of a wall being built further back than the rest of the wall.
- argive — (in Homer, Virgil, etc) of or relating to the Greeks besieging Troy, esp those from Argos
- arrive — When a person or vehicle arrives at a place, they come to it at the end of a journey.
- behave — The way that you behave is the way that you do and say things, and the things that you do and say.
7 letter words ending with ve
- absolve — If a report or investigation absolves someone from blame or responsibility, it formally states that he or she is not guilty or is not to blame.
- abusive — Someone who is abusive behaves in a cruel and violent way towards other people.
- achieve — If you achieve a particular aim or effect, you succeed in doing it or causing it to happen, usually after a lot of effort.
- algarve — a coastal region of S Portugal. 1958 sq. mi. (5070 sq. km).
- amative — of or inclined to love, esp. sexual love
8 letter words ending with ve
- abessive — the grammatical case indicating absence
- ablative — (in certain inflected languages such as Latin) denoting a case of nouns, pronouns, and adjectives indicating the agent in passive sentences or the instrument, manner, or place of the action described by the verb
- abortive — An abortive attempt or action is unsuccessful.
- abrasive — Someone who has an abrasive manner is unkind and rude.
- adaptive — Adaptive means having the ability or tendency to adapt to different situations.
9 letter words ending with ve
- abjective — tending to degrade, humiliate, or demoralize: the abjective influences of his early life.
- acceptive — ready or willing to accept
- accretive — an increase by natural growth or by gradual external addition; growth in size or extent.
- addictive — If a drug is addictive, people who take it cannot stop taking it.
- adductive — of a nature that leads towards a change
10 letter words ending with ve
- abdicative — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
- absolutive — the grammatical case in an ergative language that is used for the direct object of a transitive verb and the subject of an intransitive verb
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- abstersive — a cleansing substance
- accusative — In the grammar of some languages, the accusative, or the accusative case, is the case used for a noun when it is the direct object of a verb, or the object of some prepositions. In English, only the pronouns 'me', 'him', 'her', 'us', and 'them' are in the accusative. Compare nominative.
11 letter words ending with ve
- abstractive — that abstracts or can abstract
- acquisitive — If you describe a person or an organization as acquisitive, you do not approve of them because you think they are too concerned with getting new possessions.
- adumbrative — foreshadowing; sketchy; faintly indicative.
- adversative — (of a word, phrase, or clause) implying opposition or contrast. But and although are adversative conjunctions introducing adversative clauses
- affiliative — to bring into close association or connection: The research center is affiliated with the university.
12 letter words ending with ve
- abirritative — to make less irritable; soothe.
- accelerative — of, causing, or increasing acceleration
- accumulative — If something is accumulative, it becomes greater in amount, number, or intensity over a period of time.
- adam-and-eve — puttyroot
- adjudicative — to pronounce or decree by judicial sentence.
13 letter words ending with ve
- accommodative — tending to accommodate; adaptive.
- aerodigestive — of or relating to the organs and tissues of the respiratory tract and the upper part of the digestive tract
- agglomerative — gathered together into a cluster or mass.
- agglutinative — tending to join or capable of joining
- all-inclusive — All-inclusive is used to indicate that a price, especially the price of a holiday, includes all the charges and all the services offered.
14 letter words ending with ve
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
- anal-retentive — having an anal character.
- anti-infective — of or relating to a substance used in the treatment of an infection.
- antiderivative — an indefinite integral
- belgian-endive — endive (def 2).
15 letter words ending with ve
- anti-productive — having the power of producing; generative; creative: a productive effort.
- anticommutative — (of a binary operation) having the property that one term operating on a second is equal to the negative of the second operating on the first, as ab = −ba.
- brown-and-serve — requiring only a brief period of browning, as in an oven, before being ready to serve: brown-and-serve rolls.
- concavo-concave — (esp of a lens) having both sides concave; biconcave
- convexo-concave — having one side convex and the other side concave
16 letter words ending with ve
- anti-progressive — favoring or advocating progress, change, improvement, or reform, as opposed to wishing to maintain things as they are, especially in political matters: a progressive mayor.
- antihypertensive — able to inhibit or control hypertension
- archconservative — consistently holding extremely conservative views: publisher of the city's archconservative newspaper.
- counterintuitive — (of an idea, proposal, etc) seemingly contrary to common sense
- counteroffensive — a series of attacks by a defending force against an attacking enemy
17 letter words ending with ve
- anti-conservative — disposed to preserve existing conditions, institutions, etc., or to restore traditional ones, and to limit change.
- antiproliferative — of or relating to a substance used to prevent or retard the spread of cells, especially malignant cells, into surrounding tissues.
- capital-intensive — Capital-intensive industries and businesses need the investment of large sums of money. Compare labour-intensive.
- context-sensitive — behaving, responding, or interpreted differently depending on context
- contradistinctive — distinction by opposition or contrast: plants and animals in contradistinction to humans.
21 letter words ending with ve
- hypothetico-deductive — pertaining to or governed by the supposed method of scientific progress whereby a general hypothesis is tested by deducing predictions that may be experimentally tested. When such a prediction is falsified the theory is rejected and a new hypothesis is required
On this page, we collect all words that ending in VE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2875 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in VE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.