Words containing st
4 letter words containing st
5 letter words containing st
- aalst — city in WC Belgium, near Brussels: pop. 76,000
- adust — dried up or darkened by heat; burnt or scorched
- agist — to care for and feed (cattle or horses) for payment
- alist — inclined to one side; heeling or listing.
- alost — a town in central Belgium, in East Flanders province. Pop: 76 852 (2004 est)
6 letter words containing st
- a-list — An A-list celebrity is a celebrity who is very famous indeed.
- ablest — having necessary power, skill, resources, or qualifications; qualified: able to lift a two-hundred-pound weight; able to write music; able to travel widely; able to vote.
- accost — If someone accosts another person, especially a stranger, they stop them or go up to them and speak to them in a way that seems rude or threatening.
- adjust — When you adjust to a new situation, you get used to it by changing your behaviour or your ideas.
- ageist — Ageist behaviour is unacceptable behaviour based on the belief that older people are of less value than younger people.
7 letter words containing st
- abacist — a person skilled in using an abacus.
- abreast — If people or things walk or move abreast, they are next to each other, side by side, and facing in the same direction.
- abstain — If you abstain from something, usually something you want to do, you deliberately do not do it.
- accosts — to confront boldly: The beggar accosted me for money.
- accurst — under a curse; doomed; ill-fated.
8 letter words containing st
- abristle — Bristling.
- abstract — An abstract idea or way of thinking is based on general ideas rather than on real things and events.
- abstrict — to make (a spore) undergo abstriction
- abstruse — You can describe something as abstruse if you find it difficult to understand, especially when you think it could be explained more simply.
- accosted — (of animals) represented as side by side: two dolphins accosted.
9 letter words containing st
- abstained — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
- abstainer — a person who abstains from something regarded as improper or unhealthy, especially the drinking of alcoholic beverages.
- abstinent — forbearance from any indulgence of appetite, especially from the use of alcoholic beverages: total abstinence.
- absurdist — An absurdist play or other work shows how absurd some aspect of society or human behaviour is.
- acid-fast — (of bacteria and tissues) resistant to decolorization by mineral acids after staining
10 letter words containing st
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- absolutist — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- abstaining — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
- abstemious — Someone who is abstemious avoids doing too much of something enjoyable such as eating or drinking.
- abstention — Abstention is a formal act of not voting either for or against a proposal.
11 letter words containing st
- aberystwyth — a resort and university town in Wales, in Ceredigion on Cardigan Bay. Pop: 15 935 (2001)
- abortionist — An abortionist is someone who performs abortions, usually illegally.
- absolutists — the principle or the exercise of complete and unrestricted power in government.
- abstentious — an act or instance of abstaining.
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
12 letter words containing st
- abolitionist — An abolitionist is someone who campaigns for the abolition of a particular system or practice.
- absolutistic — relating to absolutism or absolutists
- abstemiously — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- abstractness — the quality of being abstract as opposed to concrete
13 letter words containing st
- abolitionists — (especially prior to the Civil War) a person who advocated or supported the abolition of slavery in the U.S.
- abstentionism — the policy of withholding one's vote or refusing to participate in some other aspect of the political process
- abstentionist — a person who practises or advocates abstention or abstentionism
- acoustooptics — the branch of physics dealing with the relationships between acoustics and light
- acupuncturist — An acupuncturist is a person who performs acupuncture.
14 letter words containing st
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- abstemiousness — sparing or moderate in eating and drinking; temperate in diet.
- abstractionism — the theory and practice of the abstract, esp of abstract art
- abstractionist — a person who produces abstract works of art.
- acetylcysteine — a substance, C 5 H 9 NO 3 S, used in solution as an inhalant to dissolve mucus in the treatment of chronic bronchitis, asthma, and emphysema and also used as an antidote in acetaminophen poisoning.
15 letter words containing st
- accelerationist — a person, especially an economist, who advocates or promotes the acceleration principle.
- acousticophobia — Fear of noise.
- acoustoelectric — electroacoustic.
- actinochemistry — the branch of chemistry dealing with actinism; photochemistry.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
16 letter words containing st
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- acculturationist — a person who studies the process of acculturation.
- acroparaesthesia — a persistent sensation of numbness and tingling in the hands and feet
- adjustable-pitch — (of a marine or aircraft propeller) having blades whose pitch can be changed while the propeller is stationary, chiefly to suit various conditions of navigation or flight.
- administrational — the management of any office, business, or organization; direction.
17 letter words containing st
- acoustoelectronic — denoting a device in which electronic signals are converted into acoustic waves, esp in delay lines, etc
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
- anaesthesiologist — anesthesiology.
- anti-monopolistic — a person who has a monopoly.
- antiestablishment — opposed to or working against the existing power structure or mores, as of society or government: Antiestablishment candidates promised to disband the army, Congress, and the cabinet if elected.
18 letter words containing st
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- anti-establishment — opposed to established authority
- anti-scholasticism — (sometimes initial capital letter) the system of theological and philosophical teaching predominant in the Middle Ages, based chiefly upon the authority of the church fathers and of Aristotle and his commentators.
- anticholinesterase — any of a group of substances that inhibit the action of cholinesterase
- antivivisectionist — a person who is opposed to vivisection
19 letter words containing st
- anarcho-syndicalist — syndicalism.
- anti-ecclesiastical — of or relating to the church or the clergy; churchly; clerical; not secular.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-prohibitionist — a person who favors or advocates prohibition.
- anti-vivisectionist — a person who opposes vivisection.
20 letter words containing st
- acetylcholinesterase — an enzyme in nerve cells that is responsible for the destruction of acetylcholine and thus for switching off excitation of the nerve
- adrenocorticosteroid — corticosteroid
- belgorod-dnestrovski — a port in SW Ukraine, on the Dniester estuary: belonged to Romania from 1918 until 1940; under Soviet rule (1944–91). Pop: 48 100 (2004 est)
- belgorod-dnestrovsky — a seaport in SW Ukraine, on the Black Sea.
22 letter words containing st
23 letter words containing st
- astronomical-refraction — Physics. the change of direction of a ray of light, sound, heat, or the like, in passing obliquely from one medium into another in which its wave velocity is different.
25 letter words containing st
28 letter words containing st
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with ST. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 29020 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains ST that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.