Words containing pt
2 letter words containing pt
- pt — 1. (text, unit) point. 2. (networking) The country code for Portugal.
3 letter words containing pt
4 letter words containing pt
5 letter words containing pt
- adapt — If you adapt to a new situation or adapt yourself to it, you change your ideas or behaviour in order to deal with it successfully.
- adept — Someone who is adept at something can do it skilfully.
- adopt — If you adopt a new attitude, plan, or way of behaving, you begin to have it.
- apter — inclined; disposed; given; prone: too apt to slander others.
- aptly — inclined; disposed; given; prone: too apt to slander others.
6 letter words containing pt
- abrupt — An abrupt change or action is very sudden, often in a way which is unpleasant.
- accept — If you accept something that you have been offered, you say yes to it or agree to take it.
- aptest — inclined; disposed; given; prone: too apt to slander others.
- bewept — to weep over (something): to beweep one's foolish mistakes.
- captan — a fungicide produced from mercaptan
7 letter words containing pt
- adapted — If something is adapted to a particular situation or purpose, it is especially suitable for it.
- adapter — a person or thing that adapts
- adaptor — An adaptor is a special device for connecting electrical equipment to a power supply, or for connecting different pieces of electrical or electronic equipment together.
- adeptly — very skilled; proficient; expert: an adept juggler.
- adopted — having been adopted
8 letter words containing pt
- abruptly — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- accepted — Accepted ideas are agreed by most people to be correct or reasonable.
- acceptee — a person who has been accepted, or has accepted a position
- accepter — a person or thing that accepts.
- acceptor — the person or organization on which a draft or bill of exchange is drawn after liability has been accepted, usually by signature
9 letter words containing pt
- abruption — a breaking off of a part or parts from a mass
- acceptant — receiving willingly; receptive
- accepting — amenable; open: She was always more accepting of coaching suggestions than her teammates.
- acceptive — ready or willing to accept
- adaptable — If you describe a person or animal as adaptable, you mean that they are able to change their ideas or behaviour in order to deal with new situations.
10 letter words containing pt
- abaptiston — Surgery. a cone-shaped trephine designed to avoid penetration of the brain when incising the skull.
- abruptness — sudden or unexpected: an abrupt departure.
- absorption — The absorption of a liquid, gas, or other substance is the process of it being soaked up or taken in.
- absorptive — able or tending to absorb; absorbent.
- acceptable — Acceptable activities and situations are those that most people approve of or consider to be normal.
11 letter words containing pt
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- acataleptic — not able to be understood or conceived.
- acceptation — the accepted meaning, as of a word, phrase, etc
- acceptingly — in an accepting manner
- adaptogenic — acting to normalize and regulate the systems of the body
12 letter words containing pt
- absorptivity — a measure of the ability of a material to absorb radiation, equal to the internal absorptance of a homogeneous layer of the material under conditions in which the path of the radiation has unit length and the boundaries of the layer have no influence
- adaptability — capable of being adapted.
- adaptational — of or relating to adaptation
- adaptiveness — in a state that has a capacity for adaptation
- adoptability — the quality or extent of being adoptable
13 letter words containing pt
- acceptability — capable or worthy of being accepted.
- acceptingness — the state or quality of being accepting
- acoustooptics — the branch of physics dealing with the relationships between acoustics and light
- amitriptyline — a tricyclic antidepressant drug. Formula: C20H23N
- antisepticize — to treat with an antiseptic
14 letter words containing pt
- absorptiometer — an instrument that measures absorption of light, esp by a solution
- absorptiometry — (chemistry) Analysis using an absorptiometer.
- adrenoreceptor — a receptor that binds with epinephrine, norepinephrine, or related compounds.
- alpha-receptor — a site on a cell that, upon interaction with epinephrine or norepinephrine, controls vasoconstriction, intestinal relaxation, pupil dilation, and other physiological processes.
- aminopeptidase — an enzyme produced by the glands of the small intestine
15 letter words containing pt
- actinopterygian — belonging or pertaining to the Actinopterygii, a group of bony fishes.
- aegyptopithecus — a genus of extinct anthropoid ape of the Oligocene Period known from remains found in Egypt.
- anti-corruption — the act of corrupting or state of being corrupt.
- apocalyptically — of or like an apocalypse; affording a revelation or prophecy.
- circumscription — the act of circumscribing or the state of being circumscribed
16 letter words containing pt
- acanthopterygian — of, relating to, or belonging to the Acanthopterygii, a large group of teleost fishes having spiny fin rays. The group includes most saltwater bony fishes
- asymptomatically — showing no evidence of disease.
- carboxypeptidase — any of several digestive enzymes that catalyze the removal of an amino acid from the end of a peptide chain having a free carbonyl group.
- closed-captioned — (of a video recording) having subtitles which appear on screen only if the cassette is played through a special decoder
- contemptuousness — showing or expressing contempt or disdain; scornful; disrespectful.
17 letter words containing pt
- closed-captioning — (of a television program, film, or video) distributed with synchronized transcription of speech and written descriptions of other relevant audio elements, as for the hearing-impaired, that are visible only when the option to display them is selected. Abbreviation: CC.
- conceptualisation — The act of conceptualising, or something conceptualised.
- conceptualization — to form into a concept; make a concept of.
- cryptoclimatology — See under microclimatology.
- cryptocrystalline — (of rocks) composed of crystals that can be distinguished individually only by the use of a polarizing microscope
18 letter words containing pt
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- dimethyltryptamine — a hallucinogenic drug, C 12 H 16 N 2 , with an action of short duration. Abbreviation: DMT.
- neuroleptanalgesia — a semiconscious nonreactive state induced by certain drug combinations, as fentanyl with droperidol.
- pseudo-symptomatic — pertaining to a symptom or symptoms.
19 letter words containing pt
- dihydrostreptomycin — an antibiotic, C 21 H 41 N 7 O 12 , derived by organic synthesis from and believed to be less toxic than streptomycin: used in the form of its sulfate chiefly in the treatment of tuberculosis.
- fighter-interceptor — a fighter plane used for the defense of a region against air attack, especially by attacking bombers.
- posttranscriptional — Genetics, Biochemistry. occurring after the formation of RNA from DNA but before the RNA strand leaves the nucleus.
On this page, we collect all words with PT. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2880 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains PT that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.