Words containing d
3 letter words containing d
- abd — all but dissertation: the stage at which a postgraduate doctoral student has completed the preparatory coursework and examinations for their doctorate, but has not yet completed a PhD dissertation
- ad- — to; towards
- ada — a high-level computer programming language designed for dealing with real-time processing problems: used for military and other systems
- adc — aide-de-camp
- add — ADD is an abbreviation for attention deficit disorder.
4 letter words containing d
- abed — in bed; on a bed
- aced — a playing card or die marked with or having the value indicated by a single spot: He dealt me four aces in the first hand.
- acid — An acid is a chemical substance, usually a liquid, which contains hydrogen and can react with other substances to form salts. Some acids burn or dissolve other substances that they come into contact with.
- adad — a coded card or other device that when inserted into a telephone allows the user to reach a number without dialing.
- adah — one of the two wives of Lamech. Gen. 4:19.
5 letter words containing d
6 letter words containing d
- a-side — The A-side of a record that has been released as a single is the main song on it. You can also refer to the side of the record that contains this song as the A-side. Compare B-side.
- abadan — a port in SW Iran, on an island in the Shatt-al-Arab delta. Pop: 307 000 (2005 est)
- abased — (of a charge) lower on an escutcheon than is usual: a bend abased.
- abated — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abbado — Claudio. 1933–2014, Italian conductor; principal conductor of the London Symphony Orchestra (1979–88); director of the Vienna State Opera (1986–91), and the Berlin Philharmonic (1989–2001)
7 letter words containing d
- abaddon — the Devil (Revelation 9:11)
- abandon — If you abandon a place, thing, or person, you leave the place, thing, or person permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abashed — If you are abashed, you feel embarrassed and ashamed.
- abbasid — any caliph of the dynasty that ruled the Muslim empire from Baghdad (750–1258) and claimed descent from Abbas, uncle of Mohammed
- abdomen — Your abdomen is the part of your body below your chest where your stomach and intestines are.
8 letter words containing d
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- aardvark — a nocturnal mammal, Orycteropus afer, the sole member of its family (Orycteropodidae) and order (Tubulidentata). It inhabits the grasslands of Africa, has long ears and snout, and feeds on termites
- aardwolf — a nocturnal mammal, Proteles cristatus, that inhabits the plains of southern Africa and feeds on termites and insect larvae: family Hyaenidae (hyenas), order Carnivora (carnivores)
- abailard — Pierre [pyer] /pyɛr/ (Show IPA), Abélard.
- abbassid — a member of the dynasty of caliphs that ruled Baghdad ( a.d. 750-1258) and claimed descent from Mohammed's uncle, Abbas
9 letter words containing d
- abandoned — An abandoned place or building is no longer used or occupied.
- abandonee — a person to whom something is formally relinquished, esp an insurer having the right to salvage a wreck
- abandoner — a person or thing that abandons
- abashedly — ashamed or embarrassed; disconcerted: My clumsiness left me abashed.
- abdicable — to renounce or relinquish a throne, right, power, claim, responsibility, or the like, especially in a formal manner: The aging founder of the firm decided to abdicate.
10 letter words containing d
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- abba-dabba — a person or thing of little importance.
- abbotsford — estate (1812-32) of Sir Walter Scott, on the Tweed in SE Scotland
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- abdication — the act or state of abdicating; renunciation.
11 letter words containing d
- abandonedly — in an unrestrained manner
- abandonment — The abandonment of a place, thing, or person is the act of leaving it permanently or for a long time, especially when you should not do so.
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
12 letter words containing d
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- abdul-jabbar — Kareem [kuh-reem] /kəˈrim/ (Show IPA), (Ferdinand Lewis Alcindor, Jr) born 1947, U.S. basketball player.
- absentminded — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- academically — in relation to an academy
13 letter words containing d
- a-dolls-house — a play (1879) by Henrik Ibsen.
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- absent-minded — Someone who is absent-minded forgets things or does not pay attention to what they are doing, often because they are thinking about something else.
- accidentalism — the state of being accidental
14 letter words containing d
- abdominoplasty — the surgical removal of excess skin and fat from the abdomen
- abovementioned — mentioned or written above: The role was sung by the abovementioned Mr. Phillips.
- absentmindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- accommodations — Accommodations are hotels or rooms where people can stay for a period of time.
15 letter words containing d
- absent-mindedly — so lost in thought that one does not realize what one is doing, what is happening, etc.; preoccupied to the extent of being unaware of one's immediate surroundings.
- acetophenetidin — phenacetin
- acknowledgeable — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
- acknowledgement — An acknowledgement is a statement or action which recognizes that something exists or is true.
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
16 letter words containing d
- abdominocentesis — (surgery) Extraction of peritoneal fluid from the abdomen for evaluation, using a trocar.
- accommodationist — a person who seeks to promote adaptation to or compromise with an opposing point of view
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
17 letter words containing d
- administratorship — a person who manages or has a talent for managing.
18 letter words containing d
19 letter words containing d
20 letter words containing d
On this page, we collect all words with letter D. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 91808 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains D that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.