Words containing a, d, r, e
5 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- acred — having acres of land
- adder — In Europe and Asia, an adder is a small poisonous snake that has a black pattern on its back. In North America, a number of different poisonous and non-poisonous snakes are called adders.
- adler — Alfred (ˈalfreːt). 1870–1937, Austrian psychiatrist, noted for his descriptions of overcompensation and inferiority feelings
- adore — If you adore someone, you feel great love and admiration for them.
- adret — a side of a mountain receiving direct sunlight.
6 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- abider — to remain; continue; stay: Abide with me.
- abrade — To abrade something means to scrape or wear down its surface by rubbing it.
- adhere — If you adhere to an opinion or belief, you support or hold it.
- adjure — to command, often by exacting an oath; charge
- admire — If you admire someone or something, you like and respect them very much.
7 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- abelard — Peter. French name Pierre Abélard. 1079–1142, French scholastic philosopher and theologian whose works include Historia Calamitatum and Sic et Non (1121). His love for Héloïse is recorded in their correspondence
- abraded — Simple past tense and past participle of abrade.
- abridge — to reduce the length of (a written work) by condensing or rewriting
- accrued — to happen or result as a natural growth, addition, etc.
- adapter — a person or thing that adapts
8 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- aberdare — a town in South Wales, in Rhondda Cynon Taff county borough. Pop: 31 705 (2001)
- aberdeen — a city in NE Scotland, on the North Sea: centre for processing North Sea oil and gas; university (1494). Pop: 184 788 (2001)
- abhorred — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abridged — An abridged book or play has been made shorter by removing some parts of it.
- absorbed — If you are absorbed in something or someone, you are very interested in them and they take up all your attention and energy.
9 letter words containing a, d, r, e
10 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- abdelkader — ?1807–83, Algerian nationalist, who resisted the French invasion of Algeria and established (1837) an independent state. He surrendered to the French in 1847
- aberdevine — a former name for the siskin, when kept as a cagebird
- aberdonian — a native or inhabitant of Aberdeen
- aborticide — the killing of an unborn fetus
- aboveboard — An arrangement or deal that is aboveboard is legal and is being carried out openly and honestly. A person who is aboveboard is open and honest about what they are doing.
11 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- abandonware — computer software which is no longer sold or supported by its publisher
- abbreviated — made into a shorter form
- abd-el-krim — 1882–1963, Moroccan chief who led revolts against Spain and France, surrendered before their combined forces in 1926, but later formed the North African independence movement
- abderhalden — Emil [ey-meel] /ˈeɪ mil/ (Show IPA), 1877–1950, Swiss chemist and physiologist.
- abecedarian — a person who is learning the alphabet or the rudiments of a subject
12 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- abd-el-kadir — 1807?–83, Algerian leader.
- abstractedly — lost in thought; deeply engrossed or preoccupied.
- accreditable — having the ability to be accredited
- acculturated — Simple past tense and past participle of acculturate.
- acknowledger — to admit to be real or true; recognize the existence, truth, or fact of: to acknowledge one's mistakes.
13 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- aaron's-beard — rose of Sharon (def 2).
- aberdeenshire — a council area and historical county of N Scotland, on the North Sea: became part of Grampian Region in 1975 but reinstated as an independent unitary authority (with adjusted borders) in 1996: rises to the Grampian and Cairngorm Mountains in the SW: chiefly agricultural (esp sheep and stock raising). Administrative centre: Aberdeen. Pop: 229 330 (2003 est). Area 6319 sq km (2439 sq miles)
- accreditation — to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it.
- acrylaldehyde — acrolein.
- adder's-mouth — any of various orchids of the genus Malaxis that occur in all parts of the world except Australia and New Zealand and have small usually greenish flowers
14 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- accident-prone — tending to have more accidents or mishaps than the average person.
- acleistocardia — a failure of the foramen ovale of the heart to close.
- adder's-tongue — any of several terrestrial ferns of the genus Ophioglossum, esp O. vulgatum, that grow in the N hemisphere and have a spore-bearing body that sticks out like a spike from the leaf: family Ophioglossaceae
- adenocarcinoma — a malignant tumour originating in glandular tissue
- administrative — Administrative work involves organizing and supervising an organization or institution.
15 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- adamawa-eastern — a branch of the Niger-Congo family of languages, centered in Nigeria, Cameroon, Chad, and the Central African Republic, including Sango and Zande.
- adventurousness — the quality of being adventurous
- aerodynamically — the branch of mechanics that deals with the motion of air and other gases and with the effects of such motion on bodies in the medium. Compare aerostatics (def 1).
- alexandroupolis — a port in NE Greece, in W Thrace. Pop: 52 720 (2001 est)
- amaryllidaceous — of, relating to, or belonging to the Amaryllidaceae, a family of widely cultivated flowering plants having bulbs and including the amaryllis, snowdrop, narcissus, and daffodil
16 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- acetylandromedol — grayanotoxin.
- across-the-board — applying to all employees, members, groups, or categories; general: The across-the-board pay increase means a raise for all employees.
- actinodermatitis — dermatitis from exposure to radiation, esp ultraviolet light or X-rays
- administratively — pertaining to administration; executive: administrative ability.
- alpha-adrenergic — of or having to do with an alpha receptor
17 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- anthropomorphized — Simple past tense and past participle of anthropomorphize.
- anzhero-sudzhensk — a city in the S Russian Federation in Central Asia.
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- axis-of-ordinates — y-axis (def 1).
- bacteriorhodopsin — a purple protein containing retinal and found in the plasma membrane of certain bacteria (genus Halobacterium): it directly supplies electrochemical energy from sunlight
18 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
- aerothermodynamics — the study of the exchange of heat between solids and gases, esp of the heating effect on aircraft flying through the air at very high speeds
- agro-industrialize — to industrialize the agriculture of: to agro-industrialize a developing nation.
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- biodiversification — the process by which the diversity of plants or animals develops or is increased within a particular region or group of organisms.
19 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- adrenocorticotropic — that can stimulate the cortex of the adrenal glands
- adrenocorticotropin — ACTH.
- aldridge-brownhills — a town in central England, in Walsall unitary authority, West Midlands: formed by the amalgamation of neighbouring towns in 1966. Pop: 35 525 (2001)
- alice-in-wonderland — fantastic; irrational
- ambassador-at-large — an ambassador with special duties who may be sent to more than one government
20 letter words containing a, d, r, e
21 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- aleksandr-nikolaevich — Alexander (Aleksandr Nikolaevich) 1899–1977, Russian pianist and composer, in the U.S.
22 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- autoxidation-reduction — disproportionation.
23 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
25 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- antidisestablishmentarian — a person who advocates antidisestablishmentarianism.
28 letter words containing a, d, r, e
- antidisestablishmentarianism — opposition to the withdrawal of state support or recognition from an established church, especially the Anglican Church in 19th-century England.
On this page, we collect all words with A, D, R, E. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 25730 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains A, D, R, E that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.