- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- /əˈkrɛd ɪt/
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- /əˈkrɛd ɪt/
Definitions of accreditation word
- verb with object accreditation to ascribe or attribute to (usually followed by with): He was accredited with having said it. 1
- verb with object accreditation to attribute or ascribe; consider as belonging: an invention accredited to Edison. 1
- verb with object accreditation to provide or send with credentials; designate officially: to accredit an envoy. 1
- verb with object accreditation to certify (a school, college, or the like) as meeting all formal official requirements of academic excellence, curriculum, facilities, etc. 1
- verb with object accreditation to make authoritative, creditable, or reputable; sanction. 1
- verb with object accreditation to regard as true; believe. 1
Information block about the term
Origin of accreditation
First appearance:before 1610
One of the 40% oldest English words
1610-20; earlier acredit < Middle French acrediter. See ac-, credit
Parts of speech for Accreditation
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 77% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
Most Europeans know this English word. The frequency of it’s usage is somewhere between "mom" and "screwdriver".
accreditation usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for accreditation
- diploma — a document given by an educational institution conferring a degree on a person or certifying that the person has satisfactorily completed a course of study.
- sanction — authoritative permission or approval, as for an action.
- voucher — a person or thing that vouches.
- recommendation — an act of recommending.
- deed — A deed is something that is done, especially something that is very good or very bad.
Antonyms for accreditation
- disapproval — the act or state of disapproving; a condemnatory feeling, look, or utterance; censure: stern disapproval.
- refusal — an act or instance of refusing.
- veto — the power or right vested in one branch of a government to cancel or postpone the decisions, enactments, etc., of another branch, especially the right of a president, governor, or other chief executive to reject bills passed by the legislature.
- prohibition — the act of prohibiting.
- denial — A denial of something is a statement that it is not true, does not exist, or did not happen.
verb with object accreditation
- disaccreditation — to take away the accreditation or authorization of: to disaccredit a diplomat.
Top questions with accreditation
- what accreditation should a college have?
- what is accreditation?
- what is naeyc accreditation?
- what is the goal of accreditation agencies?
- what does accreditation mean?
- how to get bbb accreditation?
- what does wasc accreditation mean?
- what is regional accreditation?
- what is university of phoenix accreditation?
- how much does bbb accreditation cost?
- what is the joint commission on accreditation of healthcare organizations?
- what does accreditation mean on a resume?
- what does jcaho accreditation mean?
- what is the difference between national and regional accreditation?
- why is accreditation important?
- All definitions of accreditation
- Synonyms for accreditation
- Antonyms for accreditation
- Related words to accreditation
- Sentences with the word accreditation
- Words that rhyme with accreditation
- accreditation pronunciation
- The plural of accreditation
- The adjective of accreditation
- The verb form of accreditation
- Words starting with a
- Words starting with ac
- Words starting with acc
- Words starting with accr
- Words starting with accre
- Words starting with accred
- Words starting with accredi
- Words starting with accredit
- Words starting with accredita
- Words starting with accreditat
- Words starting with accreditati
- Words starting with accreditatio
- Words starting with accreditation
- Words containing the letters a
- Words containing the letters a,c
- Words containing the letters a,c,r
- Words containing the letters a,c,r,e
- Words containing the letters a,c,r,e,d
- Words containing the letters a,c,r,e,d,i