- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
- UK Pronunciation
- UK IPA
- US Pronunciation
- US IPA
Definitions of unresisting word
- verb with object unresisting to withstand, strive against, or oppose: to resist infection; to resist temptation. 1
- verb with object unresisting to withstand the action or effect of: to resist spoilage. 1
- verb with object unresisting to refrain or abstain from, especially with difficulty or reluctance: They couldn't resist the chocolates. 1
- verb without object unresisting to make a stand or make efforts in opposition; act in opposition; offer resistance. 1
- noun unresisting a substance that prevents or inhibits some effect from taking place, as a coating on a surface of a metallic printing plate that prevents or inhibits corrosion of the metal by acid. 1
- noun unresisting Textiles. a chemically inert substance used in resist printing. 1
Information block about the term
Origin of unresisting
First appearance:before 1325
One of the 16% oldest English words
1325-75; Middle English resisten (v.) < Latin resistere to remain standing, equivalent to re- re- + sistere to cause to stand, akin to stāre to stand
Parts of speech for Unresisting
A common word. It’s meaning is known to most children of preschool age. About 95% of English native speakers know the meaning and use the word.
According to our data most of word are more popular. This word is almost not used. It has a much more popular synonym.
unresisting usage trend in Literature
Synonyms for unresisting
- disciplined — having or exhibiting discipline; rigorous: paintings characterized by a disciplined technique.
- hands off — of, belonging to, using, or used by the hand.
- henpecked — browbeaten, bullied, or intimidated by one's wife, girlfriend, etc.: a henpecked husband who never dared to contradict his wife.
- housebroken — (of a pet) trained to avoid excreting inside the house or in improper places.
- laid back — relaxed or unhurried: laid-back music rhythms.
- acclimatised — Simple past tense and past participle of acclimatise.
- acclimatized — adapted or accustomed to a new climate or environment
- accommodated — to do a kindness or a favor to; oblige: to accommodate a friend by helping him move to a new apartment.
- adjusted — psychologically well or badly equipped to cope with reality and ordinary life and relationships
- bearing — Someone's bearing is the way in which they move or stand.
Antonyms for unresisting
- emboldened — Having been made bold.
- Words starting with u
- Words starting with un
- Words starting with unr
- Words starting with unre
- Words starting with unres
- Words starting with unresi
- Words starting with unresis
- Words starting with unresist
- Words starting with unresisti
- Words starting with unresistin
- Words starting with unresisting
- Words containing the letters u
- Words containing the letters u,n
- Words containing the letters u,n,r
- Words containing the letters u,n,r,e
- Words containing the letters u,n,r,e,s
- Words containing the letters u,n,r,e,s,i
Was this page helpful?
Thank you for your feedback! Tell your friends about this page
Tell us why?