Words ending with ing
4 letter words ending with ing
- bing — a heap or pile, esp of spoil from a mine
- a la king — cooked in a cream sauce with mushrooms and green peppers
- anchor ring — a ring made from an iron bar of circular cross-section
- annual ring — a ring of wood indicating one year's growth, seen in the transverse section of stems and roots of woody plants growing in temperate climates
- ball and ring — a simplified bead-and-reel turning, used especially in English and American furniture of the 17th century.
5 letter words ending with ing
- aging — the length of time during which a being or thing has existed; length of life or existence to the time spoken of or referred to: trees of unknown age; His age is 20 years.
- aping — any of a group of anthropoid primates characterized by long arms, a broad chest, and the absence of a tail, comprising the family Pongidae (great ape) which includes the chimpanzee, gorilla, and orangutan, and the family Hylobatidae (lesser ape) which includes the gibbon and siamang.
- awing — an overwhelming feeling of reverence, admiration, fear, etc., produced by that which is grand, sublime, extremely powerful, or the like: in awe of God; in awe of great political figures.
- axing — an instrument with a bladed head on a handle or helve, used for hewing, cleaving, chopping, etc.
- being — Being is the present participle of be1.
6 letter words ending with ing
- abying — Present participle of aby.
- aching — causing physical pain or distress: treatment for an aching back.
- acting — Acting is the activity or profession of performing in plays or films.
- adding — an act or instance of addition
- adzing — an axlike tool, for dressing timbers roughly, with a curved, chisellike steel head mounted at a right angle to the wooden handle.
7 letter words ending with ing
- abating — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- abiding — An abiding feeling, memory, or interest is one that you have for a very long time.
- abusing — to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
- addling — mentally confused; muddled.
- adoring — An adoring person is someone who loves and admires another person very much.
8 letter words ending with ing
- abegging — in the act of begging
- abetting — to encourage, support, or countenance by aid or approval, usually in wrongdoing: to abet a swindler; to abet a crime.
- aborning — while being born, developed, or realized (esp in the phrase die aborning)
- abutting — to be adjacent; touch or join at the edge or border (often followed by on, upon, or against): This piece of land abuts on a street.
- acceding — to give consent, approval, or adherence; agree; assent; to accede to a request; to accede to the terms of a contract.
9 letter words ending with ing
- abhorring — to regard with extreme repugnance or aversion; detest utterly; loathe; abominate.
- abounding — to occur or exist in great quantities or numbers: a stream in which trout abound.
- abridging — to shorten by omissions while retaining the basic contents: to abridge a reference book.
- absenting — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- absorbing — An absorbing task or activity interests you a great deal and takes up all your attention and energy.
10 letter words ending with ing
- abandoning — to leave completely and finally; forsake utterly; desert: to abandon one's farm; to abandon a child; to abandon a sinking ship.
- absconding — running away, esp from an open prison or to avoid prosecution or punishment
- abstaining — to hold oneself back voluntarily, especially from something regarded as improper or unhealthy (usually followed by from): to abstain from eating meat.
- accounting — Accounting is the activity of keeping detailed records of the amounts of money a business or person receives and spends.
- acronyming — a word formed from the initial letters or groups of letters of words in a set phrase or series of words and pronounced as a separate word, as Wac from Women's Army Corps, OPEC from Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries, or loran from long-range navigation.
11 letter words ending with ing
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- acid-loving — (of a plant) requiring a pH of 4.5 to 5.5 for optimal growth.
- acquainting — to make more or less familiar, aware, or conversant (usually followed by with): to acquaint the mayor with our plan.
- acquiescing — to assent tacitly; submit or comply silently or without protest; agree; consent: to acquiesce halfheartedly in a business plan.
- admonishing — to caution, advise, or counsel against something.
12 letter words ending with ing
- accentuating — to give emphasis or prominence to.
- accessioning — the act of coming into the possession of a right, title, office, etc.: accession to the throne.
- accompanying — provided at the same time as something else as an extra or addition; supplementary
- accumulating — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- acid-forming — (of an oxide or element) yielding an acid when dissolved in water or having an oxide that forms an acid in water; acidic
13 letter words ending with ing
- accessorizing — to fit or equip with accessories: to accessorize a car with special seat covers.
- accommodating — If you describe someone as accommodating, you like the fact that they are willing to do things in order to please you or help you.
- administering — to manage (affairs, a government, etc.); have executive charge of: to administer the law.
- air-breathing — (of an engine, aircraft, missile, etc.) to take in air from the atmosphere to oxidize the fuel for combustion.
- air-hardening — noting any metal, especially alloy steel, that can be hardened from above its transformation point by cooling in air.
14 letter words ending with ing
- administrating — to administer.
- after-ripening — the period of internal change that is necessary in some apparently mature seeds before germination can occur
- all-or-nothing — not allowing for qualification or compromise; either fully or not at all operative: an all-or-nothing approach.
- anti-oxidizing — to convert (an element) into an oxide; combine with oxygen.
- anti-smuggling — to import or export (goods) secretly, in violation of the law, especially without payment of legal duty.
15 letter words ending with ing
- asset-stripping — If a person or company is involved in asset-stripping, they buy companies cheaply, sell off their assets to make a profit, and then close the companies down.
- belt-tightening — If you need to do some belt-tightening, you must spend less money and manage without things because you have less money than you used to have.
16 letter words ending with ing
- all-encompassing — all-embracing.
17 letter words ending with ing
- anti-profiteering — a person who seeks or exacts exorbitant profits, especially through the sale of scarce or rationed goods.
- attention-getting — conspicuously drawing attention to something or someone: an attention-getting device; attention-getting behavior.
- buttock-clenching — making one tighten the buttocks through extreme fear or embarrassment
18 letter words ending with ing
- anthropomorphising — Present participle of anthropomorphise.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ING. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 12993 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ING that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.