Words containing un
3 letter words containing un
4 letter words containing un
- aune — an old French measure of length, usually for measuring cloth
- aunt — Someone's aunt is the sister of their mother or father, or the wife of their uncle.
- boun — prepared, ready
- buna — a synthetic rubber formed by polymerizing butadiene or by copolymerizing it with such compounds as acrylonitrile or styrene
- bund — an embankment; dyke
5 letter words containing un
- abuna — the title given to the head of the Ethiopian Orthodox church
- adunc — hooked; curved inward
- agung — a volcano on NE Bali, in Indonesia: erupted 1963. 10,300 feet (3139 meters).
- amgun — a river in SE Siberian Russia, flowing NE to the Amur River. 490 miles (788 km) long.
- argun — a river in NE Asia, forming part of the boundary between the Russian Federation and China. About 450 miles (725 km) long.
6 letter words containing un
- abound — If things abound, or if a place abounds with things, there are very large numbers of them.
- adnoun — an adjective used as a noun; absolute adjective
- amount — The amount of something is how much there is, or how much you have, need, or get.
- antung — Dandong
- arjuna — the most important of the five princes in the Mahabharata. Krishna served as his charioteer in the battle with the Kauravas
7 letter words containing un
- account — If you have an account with a bank or a similar organization, you have an arrangement to leave your money there and take some out when you need it.
- adjunct — Something that is an adjunct to something larger or more important is connected with it or helps to perform the same task.
- aground — If a ship runs aground, it touches the ground in a shallow part of a river, lake, or the sea, and gets stuck.
- alesund — a port and market town in W Norway, on an island between Bergen and Trondheim: fishing and sealing fleets. Pop: 40 001 (2004 est)
- aliunde — from a source extrinsic to the matter, document, or instrument under consideration
8 letter words containing un
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- abounded — to occur or exist in great quantities or numbers: a stream in which trout abound.
- abundant — Something that is abundant is present in large quantities.
- aftersun — a moisturizing lotion applied to the skin to soothe sunburn and avoid peeling
- airbound — supported by air
9 letter words containing un
- abounding — to occur or exist in great quantities or numbers: a stream in which trout abound.
- abundance — An abundance of something is a large quantity of it.
- accounted — an oral or written description of particular events or situations; narrative: an account of the meetings; an account of the trip.
- after-run — the continued running of an internal-combustion engine after the ignition is switched off: Heavy carbon buildup can cause annoying engine after-run.
- ahungered — very hungry.
10 letter words containing un
- abjunction — the act of cutting off part of a mycelium or spore by forming a septum
- abundantly — If something is abundantly clear, it is extremely obvious.
- accountant — An accountant is a person whose job is to keep financial accounts.
- accounting — Accounting is the activity of keeping detailed records of the amounts of money a business or person receives and spends.
- adjunction — (in phrase-structure grammar) the relationship between a branch of a tree representing a sentence to other branches to its left or right that descend from the same node immediately above
11 letter words containing un
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- accountable — If you are accountable to someone for something that you do, you are responsible for it and must be prepared to justify your actions to that person.
- accountably — subject to the obligation to report, explain, or justify something; responsible; answerable.
- accountancy — Accountancy is the theory or practice of keeping financial accounts.
- accountings — the theory and system of setting up, maintaining, and auditing the books of a firm; art of analyzing the financial position and operating results of a business house from a study of its sales, purchases, overhead, etc. (distinguished from bookkeeping).
12 letter words containing un
- adjunctively — in an adjunctive manner
- announceable — to make known publicly or officially; proclaim; give notice of: to announce a special sale.
- announcement — An announcement is a statement made to the public or to the media which gives information about something that has happened or that will happen.
- annunciation — In Christianity, the Annunciation was the announcement by the Archangel Gabriel to the Virgin Mary that she was going to give birth to the son of God.
- annunciatory — to announce.
13 letter words containing un
- acupuncturist — An acupuncturist is a person who performs acupuncture.
- anticommunist — (initial capital letter) a member of the Communist Party or movement.
- arundinaceous — resembling a reed
- bildungsroman — a novel concerned with a person's formative years and development
- cassivelaunus — 1st century bc, British chieftain, king of the Catuvellauni tribe, who organized resistance to Caesar's invasion of Britain (54 bc)
14 letter words containing un
- accountability — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- anti-communist — a person who is opposed to Communism
- bildungsromane — a type of novel concerned with the education, development, and maturing of a young protagonist.
- braunschweiger — a smoked liver sausage, named after the city of Braunschweig
- bremsstrahlung — the radiation produced when an electrically charged particle, esp an electron, is slowed down by the electric field of an atomic nucleus or an atomic ion
15 letter words containing un
- austria-hungary — the Dual Monarchy established in 1867, consisting of what are now Austria, Hungary, the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, and Bosnia-Herzegovina, and parts of Poland, Romania, Ukraine, and Italy. The empire was broken up after World War I
- blockade-runner — a ship or person that passes through a blockade.
- cat-o'-mountain — catamountain
- communicability — capable of being easily communicated or transmitted: communicable information; a communicable disease.
- communicational — relating to or characterized by communication
16 letter words containing un
- accountabilities — the state of being accountable, liable, or answerable.
- around-the-clock — all day and all night
- austro-hungarian — of or relating to the Dual Monarchy of Austria-Hungary (1867–1918)
- autoimmunization — antibody production by an organism in response to and against any of its own tissues, cells, or cell components.
- counselor-at-law — a lawyer, esp one who conducts cases in court; attorney
17 letter words containing un
- ashton-under-lyne — a town in NW England, in Tameside unitary authority, Greater Manchester. Pop: 43 236 (2001)
- blood-and-thunder — sensationalism, violence, or exaggerated melodrama: a movie full of blood and thunder.
- bouncebackability — the ability to recover after a setback, esp in sport
- communicativeness — inclined to communicate or impart; talkative: He isn't feeling very communicative today.
- counter-complaint — an expression of discontent, regret, pain, censure, resentment, or grief; lament; faultfinding: his complaint about poor schools.
18 letter words containing un
- battleground-state — a state of the U.S. in which the Democratic and Republican candidates both have a good chance of winning and that is considered key to the outcome of a presidential election: the swing states of Ohio and Indiana.
- counter-adaptation — the act of adapting.
- counter-aggression — the action of a state in violating by force the rights of another state, particularly its territorial rights; an unprovoked offensive, attack, invasion, or the like: The army is prepared to stop any foreign aggression.
- counter-hypothesis — a proposition, or set of propositions, set forth as an explanation for the occurrence of some specified group of phenomena, either asserted merely as a provisional conjecture to guide investigation (working hypothesis) or accepted as highly probable in the light of established facts.
- counter-revolution — A counter-revolution is a revolution that is intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
19 letter words containing un
- anti-fundamentalism — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- anti-fundamentalist — (sometimes initial capital letter) a religious movement characterized by a strict belief in the literal interpretation of religious texts, especially within American Protestantism and Islam.
- chateauneuf-du-pape — a dry red or white wine from the Rhone valley near Avignon.
- counter-advertising — the act or practice of calling public attention to one's product, service, need, etc., especially by paid announcements in newspapers and magazines, over radio or television, on billboards, etc.: to get more customers by advertising.
- counter-programming — to schedule (a broadcast on radio or television) to compete with one on another station.
20 letter words containing un
- counterrevolutionary — Counterrevolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
21 letter words containing un
- choledochojejunostomy — (medicine) The surgical formation of an opening between the common bile duct and the jejunum.
- conjunction-reduction — a rule that reduces coordinate sentences, applied, for example, to convert John lives in Ireland and Brian lives in Ireland into John and Brian live in Ireland
- counter-revolutionary — Counter-revolutionary activities are activities intended to reverse the effects of a previous revolution.
23 letter words containing un
- communist-international — an international organization (1919–43), founded in Moscow, uniting Communist groups of various countries and advocating the attainment of their ends by violent revolution. Also called Comintern, Communist International. Compare international (def 6).
On this page, we collect all words with UN. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 15039 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains UN that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.