Words ending with ting
6 letter words ending with ting
- acting — Acting is the activity or profession of performing in plays or films.
- anting — the placing or rubbing of ants by birds on their feathers. The body fluids of the ants are thought to repel parasites
- bating — except for; excluding
- biting — Biting wind or cold is extremely cold.
- citing — to quote (a passage, book, author, etc.), especially as an authority: He cited the Constitution in his defense.
7 letter words ending with ting
- abating — to reduce in amount, degree, intensity, etc.; lessen; diminish: to abate a tax; to abate one's enthusiasm.
- airting — a direction.
- baiting — food, or some substitute, used as a lure in fishing, trapping, etc.
- banting — slimming by avoiding eating sugar, starch, and fat
- basting — loose temporary stitches; tacking
8 letter words ending with ting
- abetting — to encourage, support, or countenance by aid or approval, usually in wrongdoing: to abet a swindler; to abet a crime.
- abutting — to be adjacent; touch or join at the edge or border (often followed by on, upon, or against): This piece of land abuts on a street.
- adapting — to make suitable to requirements or conditions; adjust or modify fittingly: They adapted themselves to the change quickly. He adapted the novel for movies.
- alerting — fully aware and attentive; wide-awake; keen: an alert mind.
- auditing — the act of inspecting, correcting, and certifying (accounts, etc)
9 letter words ending with ting
- absenting — not in a certain place at a given time; away, missing (opposed to present): absent from class.
- accenting — prominence of a syllable in terms of differential loudness, or of pitch, or length, or of a combination of these.
- accepting — amenable; open: She was always more accepting of coaching suggestions than her teammates.
- actuating — to incite or move to action; impel; motivate: actuated by selfish motives.
- addicting — a person who is addicted to an activity, habit, or substance: a drug addict.
10 letter words ending with ting
- accounting — Accounting is the activity of keeping detailed records of the amounts of money a business or person receives and spends.
- advocating — to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly: He advocated higher salaries for teachers.
- afflicting — deeply distressing; painful
- affronting — a personally offensive act or word; deliberate act or display of disrespect; intentional slight; insult: an affront to the king.
- allocating — to set apart for a particular purpose; assign or allot: to allocate funds for new projects.
11 letter words ending with ting
- abstracting — thought of apart from concrete realities, specific objects, or actual instances: an abstract idea.
- acquainting — to make more or less familiar, aware, or conversant (usually followed by with): to acquaint the mayor with our plan.
- aggravating — causing or full of aggravation: I've had an aggravating day.
- aggregating — formed by the conjunction or collection of particulars into a whole mass or sum; total; combined: the aggregate amount of indebtedness.
- alleviating — to make easier to endure; lessen; mitigate: to alleviate sorrow; to alleviate pain.
12 letter words ending with ting
- accentuating — to give emphasis or prominence to.
- accumulating — to gather or collect, often in gradual degrees; heap up: to accumulate wealth.
- annihilating — to reduce to utter ruin or nonexistence; destroy utterly: The heavy bombing almost annihilated the city.
- anticipating — to realize beforehand; foretaste or foresee: to anticipate pleasure.
- anticlotting — of a nature that prevents blood clotting
13 letter words ending with ting
- accommodating — If you describe someone as accommodating, you like the fact that they are willing to do things in order to please you or help you.
- blood-letting — Blood-letting is violence or killing between groups of people, especially between rival armies.
- camp-drafting — a competitive test, esp at an agricultural show, of horsemen's skill in drafting cattle
- circumventing — to go around or bypass: to circumvent the lake; to circumvent the real issues.
- clear-coating — an automotive painting technique in which a coating of clear lacquer or other synthetic liquid is applied over the base color to enhance the shine and durability of the paint.
14 letter words ending with ting
- administrating — to administer.
- authenticating — to establish as genuine.
- bioprospecting — searching for plant or animal species for use as a source of commercially exploitable products, such as medicinal drugs
- breast-beating — public or ostentatious expression of guilt, remorse, or sorrow
- congratulating — to express pleasure to (a person), as on a happy occasion: They congratulated him on his marriage.
15 letter words ending with ting
- counterrotating — (of two corresponding or similar moving parts) rotating in opposite directions: counterrotating propellers.
- differentiating — to form or mark differently from other such things; distinguish.
- finger-pointing — the imputation of blame or responsibility.
- lady-in-waiting — a lady who is in attendance upon a queen or princess.
- lord-in-waiting — a nobleman in attendance on a British monarch or the Prince of Wales.
16 letter words ending with ting
- double-breasting — the practice of employing nonunion workers, especially in a separate division, to supplement the work of higher-paid union workers.
- indiscriminating — not discriminating.
- non-debilitating — to make weak or feeble; enfeeble: The siege of pneumonia debilitated her completely.
- non-intersecting — to cut or divide by passing through or across: The highway intersects the town.
- non-intoxicating — causing or capable of causing intoxication: intoxicating beverages.
17 letter words ending with ting
- attention-getting — conspicuously drawing attention to something or someone: an attention-getting device; attention-getting behavior.
- ladies-in-waiting — plural of lady-in-waiting.
- non-incriminating — to accuse of or present proof of a crime or fault: He incriminated both men to the grand jury.
- non-reciprocating — to give, feel, etc., in return.
- nondiscriminating — differentiating; analytical.
19 letter words ending with ting
- intermediate-acting — (of a drug) intermediate in its effects between long- and short-acting drugs
On this page, we collect all words that ending in TING. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2589 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in TING that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.