Words starting with u
1 letter words starting with u
- u — the 21st letter of the English alphabet, a vowel.
- u bolt — a bar of iron bent into the shape of a U , fitted with a screw thread and nut at each end.
- u nu — U [oo] /u/ (Show IPA), (Thauin Nu) 1907–1995, Burmese political leader: prime minister 1948–56, 1957–58, 1960–62.
- u quark — up quark.
- u thant — U, U Thant.
2 letter words starting with u
3 letter words starting with u
4 letter words starting with u
- uart — Universal Asynchronous Receiver/Transmitter
- ub40 — a registration card issued by the Department of Employment to a person registering as unemployed
- uber — having the specified property to an extreme or excessive degree; very: an uber fancy restaurant.
- ucas — Universities and Colleges Admissions Service
- ucca — Universities Central Council on Admissions
5 letter words starting with u
- u-235 — the radioactive uranium isotope having a mass number of 235, comprising 0.715 percent of natural uranium. When bombarded with neutrons it undergoes fission with the release of energy.
- u-238 — the radioactive uranium isotope having a mass number 238, comprising 99.28 percent of natural uranium: used chiefly in nuclear reactors as a source of the fissionable isotope plutonium 239.
- u-239 — the uranium isotope with a mass number 239. It is artificially produced by the neutron bombardment of uranium 238.
- uber- — Uber combines with nouns and adjectives to form nouns and adjectives that refer to a great or extreme example of something.
- ucatt — Union of Construction, Allied Trades and Technicians
6 letter words starting with u
- u-bend — pipe
- u-boat — a German submarine.
- u-bolt — a bar of iron bent into the shape of a U , fitted with a screw thread and nut at each end.
- u-lock — a lock, consisting of a strong metal U-shaped ring, that is used to secure a bicycle to a post or rack
- u-turn — a U -shaped turn made by a vehicle so as to head in the opposite direction from its original course.
7 letter words starting with u
- u-boats — a German submarine.
- u-value — a measure of the flow of heat through an insulating or building material: the lower the U-value, the better the insulating ability.
- uberaba — a city in E Brazil.
- ucayali — a river in W South America, flowing N from E Peru and joining the Marañón to form the Amazon. 1200 miles (1930 km) long.
- uccello — Paolo [pah-aw-law] /ˈpɑ ɔ lɔ/ (Show IPA), (Paolo di Dono) 1397–1475, Italian painter.
8 letter words starting with u
- u-shaped — being in the form of a U .
- ubiquity — the state or capacity of being everywhere, especially at the same time; omnipresence: the ubiquity of magical beliefs.
- ugaritic — of or relating to Ugarit, its people, or their language.
- ugliness — very unattractive or unpleasant to look at; offensive to the sense of beauty; displeasing in appearance.
- uintaite — an extremely pure asphalt particularly valuable for the manufacture of paints and varnishes.
9 letter words starting with u
- ubiquitin — a small protein, present in all eukaryotic cells, that participates in the destruction of defective proteins and in the synthesis of new proteins.
- ufologist — the study of unidentified flying objects.
- uitlander — a foreigner, especially a British settler in the Boer republics prior to the formation of the Union of South Africa.
- ukrainian — of or relating to Ukraine, its people, or their language.
- ulcerated — to form an ulcer; become ulcerous: His skin ulcerated after exposure to radioactive material.
10 letter words starting with u
- uberlandia — a city in E Brazil.
- ubermensch — superman (def 2).
- ubersexual — a man who exhibits traditional masculine qualities as well as the caring nature of the New Man
- ubiquarian — of or relating to the doctrine, especially as advocated by Luther, that the body of Christ is omnipresent and therefore exists in the Eucharistic bread.
- ubiquitary — existing or being everywhere, especially at the same time; omnipresent: ubiquitous fog; ubiquitous little ants.
11 letter words starting with u
- ulcerogenic — producing or inducing the formation of an ulcer.
- ulotrichous — belonging to a group of people having woolly or crisply curly hair.
- ulsterites' — a former province in Ireland, now comprising Northern Ireland and a part of the Republic of Ireland.
- ultrafilter — Physical Chemistry. a filter for purifying sols, having a membrane with pores sufficiently small to prevent the passage of the suspended particles.
- ultramarine — of the color ultramarine.
12 letter words starting with u
- ubangi-shari — former name of the Central African Republic.
- ubermenschen — superman (def 2).
- ubiquitarian — of or relating to the doctrine, especially as advocated by Luther, that the body of Christ is omnipresent and therefore exists in the Eucharistic bread.
- ubiquitously — existing or being everywhere, especially at the same time; omnipresent: ubiquitous fog; ubiquitous little ants.
- ultraleftist — ultraleft.
13 letter words starting with u
- ultra-liberal — extremely liberal, especially in politics.
- ultra-radical — of or going to the root or origin; fundamental: a radical difference.
- ultra-realism — interest in or concern for the actual or real, as distinguished from the abstract, speculative, etc.
- ultra-violent — acting with or characterized by uncontrolled, strong, rough force: a violent earthquake.
- ultracritical — hypercritical.
14 letter words starting with u
- ubiquitousness — existing or being everywhere, especially at the same time; omnipresent: ubiquitous fog; ubiquitous little ants.
- uitzilopochtli — the Aztec god of war and of the sun.
- ultimogeniture — postremogeniture.
- ultra-distance — covering a distance in excess of 30 miles, often as part of a longer race or competition
- ultra-feminine — pertaining to a woman or girl: feminine beauty; feminine dress.
15 letter words starting with u
- ultimate-stress — the quantity of the utmost tensile, compressive, or shearing stress that a given unit area of a certain material is expected to bear without failing.
- ultra-masculine — pertaining to or characteristic of a man or men: masculine attire.
- ultra-modernist — very advanced in ideas, design, or techniques.
- ultra-patriotic — of, like, suitable for, or characteristic of a patriot.
- ultra-realistic — interested in, concerned with, or based on what is real or practical: a realistic estimate of costs; a realistic planner.
16 letter words starting with u
- ultra-liberalism — extremely liberal, especially in politics.
- ultracrepidarian — noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside the area of his or her expertise: The play provides a classic, simplistic portrayal of an ultracrepidarian mother-in-law.
- ultramicroscopic — an instrument that uses scattering phenomena to detect the position of objects too small to be seen by an ordinary microscope.
- ultraminiaturize — to reduce to an ultraminiature size or scale.
- ultranationalism — extreme devotion to or advocacy of the interests of a nation, especially regardless of the effect on any other nations.
17 letter words starting with u
- ultraconservative — extremely conservative, especially in politics.
- ultrametamorphism — metamorphism during which the temperature of a rock exceeds its melting point.
- ultramicrobalance — a balance for weighing precisely, to a hundredth of a microgram or less, minute quantities of material.
- uncircumscribable — to draw a line around; encircle: to circumscribe a city on a map.
19 letter words starting with u
- ultracrepidarianism — noting or pertaining to a person who criticizes, judges, or gives advice outside the area of his or her expertise: The play provides a classic, simplistic portrayal of an ultracrepidarian mother-in-law.
- ultramicrochemistry — the branch of microchemistry dealing with minute quantities of material weighing one microgram or less.
20 letter words starting with u
- uncharacteristically — Also, characteristical. pertaining to, constituting, or indicating the character or peculiar quality of a person or thing; typical; distinctive: Red and gold are the characteristic colors of autumn.
On this page, we collect all words starting with letter U. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 7837 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that beginning with U. that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.