Words ending with nd
3 letter words ending with nd
4 letter words ending with nd
- band — A band is a small group of musicians who play popular music such as jazz, rock, or pop.
- bend — When you bend, you move the top part of your body downwards and forwards. Plants and trees also bend.
- bind — If something binds people together, it makes them feel as if they are all part of the same group or have something in common.
- bond — A bond between people is a strong feeling of friendship, love, or shared beliefs and experiences that unites them.
- bund — an embankment; dyke
5 letter words ending with nd
- amend — If you amend something that has been written such as a law, or something that is said, you change it in order to improve it or make it more accurate.
- bland — If you describe someone or something as bland, you mean that they are rather dull and unexciting.
- blend — If you blend substances together or if they blend, you mix them together so that they become one substance.
- blind — Someone who is blind is unable to see because their eyes are damaged.
- blond — (of men's hair) of a light colour; fair
6 letter words ending with nd
- abound — If things abound, or if a place abounds with things, there are very large numbers of them.
- addend — any of a set of numbers that is to be added
- adland — the advertising industry and the people who work in it
- almond — Almonds are pale oval nuts. They are often used in cooking.
- append — When you append something to something else, especially a piece of writing, you attach it or add it to the end of it.
7 letter words ending with nd
- abscind — to cut off
- abscond — If someone absconds from somewhere such as a prison, they escape from it or leave it without permission.
- aground — If a ship runs aground, it touches the ground in a shallow part of a river, lake, or the sea, and gets stuck.
- alesund — a port and market town in W Norway, on an island between Bergen and Trondheim: fishing and sealing fleets. Pop: 40 001 (2004 est)
- amerind — Indian (def 1).
8 letter words ending with nd
- aalesund — a seaport in W Norway.
- adherend — a material attached using adhesive
- airbound — supported by air
- auckland — the chief port of New Zealand, in the northern part of North Island: former capital of New Zealand (1840–65). Pop: 450 300 (2010 est)
- back-end — (programming) Any software performing either the final stage in a process, or a task not apparent to the user. A common usage is in a compiler. A compiler's back-end generates machine language and performs optimisations specific to the machine's architecture. The term can also be used in the context of network applications. E.g. "The back-end of the system handles socket protocols". Contrast front end.
9 letter words ending with nd
10 letter words ending with nd
- all-around — You say all around to indicate that something affects all parts of a situation or all members of a group.
- background — Your background is the kind of family you come from and the kind of education you have had. It can also refer to such things as your social and racial origins, your financial status, or the type of work experience that you have.
- bananaland — Queensland.
- basel-land — a demicanton in N Switzerland. 165 sq. mi. (425 sq. km). Capital: Liestal.
- basutoland — Lesotho
11 letter words ending with nd
- aboveground — occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- barotseland — a region in W Zambia. 44,920 sq. mi. (116,343 sq. km).
- belowground — underground
- bergschrund — a crevasse at the head of a glacier
- broederbond — (in South Africa) a secret society of Afrikaner Nationalists committed to securing and maintaining Afrikaner control over important areas of government
12 letter words ending with nd
- battleground — A battleground is the same as a battlefield.
- bechuanaland — former British territory (1884-1966) in S Africa: now the country of Botswana
- colour-blind — Someone who is colour-blind cannot see the difference between colours, especially between red and green.
- countertrend — a trend which is contrary to the established or perceived trend
- double-blind — of or relating to an experiment or clinical trial in which neither the subjects nor the researchers know which subjects are receiving the active medication, treatment, etc., and which are not: a technique for eliminating subjective bias from the test results.
13 letter words ending with nd
- chateaubriand — François René (frɑ̃swa rəne), Vicomte de Chateaubriand. 1768–1848, French writer and statesman: a precursor of the romantic movement in France; his works include Le Génie du Christianisme (1802) and Mémoires d'outre-tombe (1849–50)
- christiansand — former name of Kristiansand.
- close-at-hand — lying in the near future or vicinity; nearby or imminent.
- counter-trend — the general course or prevailing tendency; drift: trends in the teaching of foreign languages; the trend of events.
- figure-ground — a property of perception in which there is a tendency to see parts of a visual field as solid, well-defined objects standing out against a less distinct background.
14 letter words ending with nd
- compound-wound — noting an electric device in which part of the field circuit is in parallel with the armature circuit and part is in series with it.
- counter-demand — to ask for with proper authority; claim as a right: He demanded payment of the debt.
- cross-compound — (of a compound engine or turbine) having the high-pressure and low-pressure units side by side.
- dumping-ground — dump (def 17).
- merry-go-round — Also called carousel, carrousel. (in amusement parks, carnivals, etc.) a revolving, circular platform with wooden horses or other animals, benches, etc., on which people may sit or ride, usually to the accompaniment of mechanical or recorded music.
16 letter words ending with nd
17 letter words ending with nd
- cloud-cuckoo-land — If you say that someone is living in cloud-cuckoo-land, you are criticizing them because they think there are no problems and that things will happen exactly as they want them to, when this is obviously not the case.
- foot-pound-second — of or relating to the system of units in which the foot, pound, and second are the principal units of length, mass, and time. Abbreviation: fps, f.p.s.
18 letter words ending with nd
- abortion-on-demand — the right of a woman to have an abortion during the first six months of a pregnancy.
19 letter words ending with nd
20 letter words ending with nd
- gill-over-the-ground — ground ivy.
21 letter words ending with nd
- meter-kilogram-second — of or relating to the system of units in which the meter, kilogram, and second are the principal units of length, mass, and time. Abbreviation: mks, MKS.
22 letter words ending with nd
- centimeter-gram-second — designating or of a system of measurement in which the centimeter, gram, and second are the units of length, mass, and time, respectively
On this page, we collect all words that ending in ND. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 2536 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in ND that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.