Words ending with ce
3 letter words ending with ce
- ace — An ace is a playing card with a single symbol on it. In most card games, the ace of a particular suit has either the highest or the lowest value of the cards in that suit.
- bce — Non-Christians often use BCE instead of BC in dates. BCE indicates a number of years or centuries before the year in which Jesus Christ is believed to have been born. BCE is an abbreviation for 'before the Common Era.' Compare AD, , BC.
- gce — General Certificate of Education: a public examination in specified subjects taken in English and Welsh schools at the ages of 17 and 18. The GCSE has replaced the former GCE O-level for 16-year-olds
- anchor ice — ice that forms at the bottom of a lake or river
- ball ice — floating balls of slushy ice formed at sea.
4 letter words ending with ce
- arce — a daughter of Thaumas and the sister of Iris and the Harpies. Zeus took away her wings when she aided the Titans in their war against him.
- bice — a medium blue colour; azurite
- csce — (formerly) Conference for Security and Cooperation in Europe
- dace — A dace is a type of fish that lives in rivers and lakes.
- dece — great, wonderful.
5 letter words ending with ce
- alice — a feminine name: dim. Elsie; var. Alicia
- alyce — a female given name.
- amice — a rectangular piece of white linen worn by priests around the neck and shoulders under the alb or, formerly, on the head
- apace — If something develops or continues apace, it is developing or continuing quickly.
- bocce — an Italian variety of lawn bowling played on a dirt court that is shorter and narrower than the rink of a bowling green.
6 letter words ending with ce
- abduce — to abduct
- adduce — If you adduce something such as a fact or reason, you mention it in order to support an argument.
- advice — If you give someone advice, you tell them what you think they should do in a particular situation.
- alerce — the wood of the sandarac tree
- almuce — a fur-lined hood or cape formerly worn by members of certain religious orders, more recently by canons of France
7 letter words ending with ce
- absence — Someone's absence from a place is the fact that they are not there.
- advance — To advance means to move forward, often in order to attack someone.
- ambsace — double ace, the lowest throw at dice
- amesace — the lowest throw at dice, the double ace.
- anelace — a short sword having a double-edged blade tapering sharply to a point: worn by civilians from the 13th to the 16th centuries.
8 letter words ending with ce
- abeyance — a state of being suspended or put aside temporarily
- abidance — the act or state of abiding.
- acutance — a physical rather than subjective measure of the sharpness of a photographic image
- adamance — a state of resoluteness
- affiance — to bind (a person or oneself) in a promise of marriage; betroth
9 letter words ending with ce
- aberrance — departing from the right, normal, or usual course.
- abondance — (card games) Alternative form of abundance.
- abundance — An abundance of something is a large quantity of it.
- accedence — to give consent, approval, or adherence; agree; assent; to accede to a request; to accede to the terms of a contract.
- accidence — inflectional morphology; the part of grammar concerned with changes in the form of words by internal modification or by affixation, for the expression of tense, person, case, number, etc
10 letter words ending with ce
- abhorrence — Someone's abhorrence of something is their strong hatred of it.
- about-face — An about-face is a complete change of attitude or opinion.
- absorbance — a measure of the light-absorbing ability of an object, expressed as the logarithm to base 10 of the reciprocal of the internal transmittance
- abstinence — Abstinence is the practice of abstaining from something such as alcoholic drink or sex, often for health or religious reasons.
- acceptance — Acceptance of an offer or a proposal is the act of saying yes to it or agreeing to it.
11 letter words ending with ce
- abscondence — secret concealment or seclusion, or the action of absconding
- absorptance — a measure of the ability of an object to absorb radiation, equal to the ratio of the absorbed radiant flux to the incident flux. For a layer of material the ratio of the flux absorbed between the entry and exit surfaces of the layer to the flux leaving the entry surface is the internal absorptance
- accrescence — continual increase
- acquittance — a release from or settlement of a debt, etc
- adolescence — Adolescence is the period of your life in which you develop from being a child into being an adult.
12 letter words ending with ce
- acquaintance — An acquaintance is someone who you have met and know slightly, but not well.
- acquiescence — Acquiescence is agreement to do what someone wants, or acceptance of what they do even though you do not agree with it.
- anti-science — a branch of knowledge or study dealing with a body of facts or truths systematically arranged and showing the operation of general laws: the mathematical sciences.
- antiviolence — opposed to or acting against violence in society
- appurtenance — a secondary or less significant thing or part
13 letter words ending with ce
- adularescence — (of certain gemstones, especially adularia) having a milky, bluish luster.
- antiresonance — a phenomenon in an electric, acoustic, or other such system in which the impedance is tending to infinity.
- bancassurance — the selling of insurance products by a bank to its customers
- beggar's-lice — any of several plants, esp the stickseed, having small prickly fruits that adhere to clothing, fur, etc
- birefringence — the splitting of a light ray, generally by a crystal, into two components that travel at different velocities and are polarized at right angles to each other
14 letter words ending with ce
- air-to-surface — launched from an aircraft and directed at a land target
- back-clearance — Machinery. the gradual termination of a groove on the body of an object not ending there, as the upper termination of a flute in a twist drill. Also called back clearance. a space in a depressed area of an object into which a machine tool or grinding wheel may safely enter at the end of a pass or operation.
- bechamel-sauce — a white sauce, sometimes seasoned with onion and nutmeg.
- bioequivalence — the equality of strength, bioavailability, and dosage of various drug products
- coercive-force — the magnetic intensity needed to reduce to zero the magnetic flux density of a fully magnetized magnetic specimen or to demagnetize a magnet.
15 letter words ending with ce
- aix-en-provence — a city and spa in SE France: the medieval capital of Provence. Pop: 145 721 (2006)
- anticoincidence — of or relating to an electronic circuit that produces an output pulse if one but not both of its input terminals receives a pulse within a specified interval of time
- bioluminescence — the production of light by living organisms as a result of the oxidation of a light-producing substance (luciferin) by the enzyme luciferase: occurs in many marine organisms, insects such as the firefly, etc
- chantilly-sauce — a town in N France, N of Paris: lace manufacture.
- counterevidence — evidence that refutes other evidence
16 letter words ending with ce
- counter-instance — a case or occurrence of anything: fresh instances of oppression.
- counter-violence — swift and intense force: the violence of a storm.
- cross-resistance — immunologic resistance to the pathogenic effects of a microorganism because of previous exposure to another species or type having cross-reactive antigens.
- great-grandniece — a granddaughter of one's nephew or niece.
17 letter words ending with ce
- chemiluminescence — the phenomenon in which a chemical reaction leads to the emission of light without incandescence
- chemoluminescence — (chemistry) The emission of light as the result of a chemical reaction.
- counter-influence — the capacity or power of persons or things to be a compelling force on or produce effects on the actions, behavior, opinions, etc., of others: He used family influence to get the contract.
- denial-of-service — pertaining to or being an incident in which a computer or computer network is disabled, disrupting access or service: a website hit by a denial-of-service attack; unintentional denial-of-service problems.
18 letter words ending with ce
- bankers-acceptance — a draft or bill of exchange that a bank has accepted. Abbreviation: BA. Also called banker's acceptance. Compare acceptance (def 6).
19 letter words ending with ce
- cathodoluminescence — luminescence caused by irradiation with electrons (cathode rays)
- complement-sentence — a subordinate clause that functions as the subject, direct object, or prepositional object of a verb, as that you like it in I'm surprised that you like it.
- convergent-sequence — an infinite sequence, x 1 , x 2 , …, whose terms are points in Ek, in which there exists a point y such that the limit as n goes to infinity of xn = y if and only if for every ε>0, there exists a number N such that i > N and j > N implies | xi − xj |< ε. Also called Cauchy sequence, convergent sequence. Compare complete (def 10b).
- counterintelligence — Counterintelligence consists of actions that a country takes in order to find out whether another country is spying on it and to prevent it from doing so.
- countertransference — in psychotherapy, transference in which the psychoanalyst or other psychotherapist substitutes the client for the original object of his or her own repressed impulses
23 letter words ending with ce
- alpes-de-haute-provence — a department of SE France in Provence-Alpes-Côte-d'Azur region. Capital: Digne. Pop: 144 508 (2003 est). Area: 6988 sq km (2725 sq miles)
- artificial-intelligence — the capacity of a computer to perform operations analogous to learning and decision making in humans, as by an expert system, a program for CAD or CAM, or a program for the perception and recognition of shapes in computer vision systems. Abbreviation: AI, A.I.
On this page, we collect all words that ending in CE. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4221 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that ends in CE that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.