Words containing bu
3 letter words containing bu
- bub — fellow; youngster: used as a form of address
- bud — A bud is a small pointed lump that appears on a tree or plant and develops into a leaf or flower.
- buf — (formerly) British Union of Fascists
- bug — A bug is an insect or similar small creature.
- bui — British Virgin Islands (international car registration)
4 letter words containing bu
- abut — When land or a building abuts something or abuts on something, it is next to it.
- babu — (in India) a title or form of address more or less equivalent to Mr, placed before a person's full name or after his first name
- bubo — inflammation and swelling of a lymph node, often with the formation of pus, esp in the region of the armpit or groin
- bubs — (used as an often insolent term of address) brother; buddy.
- bubu — a long, loose-fitting, brightly colored garment worn by both sexes in parts of Africa.
5 letter words containing bu
- abuja — the federal capital of Nigeria, in the centre of the country. Pop: 467 000 (2005 est)
- abuna — the title given to the head of the Ethiopian Orthodox church
- abury — Avebury (def 2).
- abuse — Abuse of someone is cruel and violent treatment of them.
- abuzz — If someone says that a place is abuzz with rumours or plans, they mean that everyone there is excited about them.
6 letter words containing bu
- abukir — bay at the mouth of the Nile, near Alexandria, Egypt: site of the British victory (1798) under Nelson over the French
- abulia — a pathological inability to take decisions
- abulic — a symptom of mental disorder involving impairment or loss of volition.
- abuser — to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
- agabus — a Christian prophet who predicted a great famine. Acts 11:28.
7 letter words containing bu
- abubble — (of liquids) bubbling
- abusage — wrong or improper use
- abusing — to use wrongly or improperly; misuse: to abuse one's authority.
- abusive — Someone who is abusive behaves in a cruel and violent way towards other people.
- abuttal — abuttals. those parts of one piece of land that abut on adjacent lands; boundaries. Also, buttals. Law. the boundary lines of a piece of land in relation to adjacent lands.
8 letter words containing bu
- abu-bakr — a.d. 573-634; successor of Mohammed & 1st caliph of Islam ( a.d. 632-634): father of Aisha
- abu-bekr — 573–634 ad, companion and father-in-law of Mohammed; the first caliph of Islam
- abumeron — Avenzoar.
- abundant — Something that is abundant is present in large quantities.
- abusable — able to be abused
9 letter words containing bu
- abuilding — in the process of being built or building
- abundance — An abundance of something is a large quantity of it.
- abusively — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- albuginea — (anatomy) A layer of white, fibrous tissue.
- albuterol — a bronchodilator used by sufferers of asthma, emphysema, and other lung conditions, to treat symptoms such as wheezing or shortness of breath
10 letter words containing bu
- abundantly — If something is abundantly clear, it is extremely obvious.
- acebutolol — a beta blocker, C 18 H 28 N 2 O 4 , used in the management of hypertension, angina pectoris, and cardiac arrhythmias.
- acetabulum — the deep cuplike cavity on the side of the hipbone that receives the head of the thighbone
- al-bukhari — Muhammad ibn Ismaʿil [ib-uh n is-mah-eel] /ˈɪb ən ɪsˈmɑ il/ (Show IPA), a.d. 810–870, a collector of the Hadith.
- albumblatt — a short occasional instrumental composition, usually light in character
11 letter words containing bu
- abusiveness — using, containing, or characterized by harshly or coarsely insulting language: an abusive author; abusive remarks.
- afterburner — a device in the exhaust system of an internal-combustion engine for removing or rendering harmless potentially dangerous components in the exhaust gases
- albuminoids — any of a class of simple proteins, as keratin, gelatin, or collagen, that are insoluble in all neutral solvents; scleroprotein.
- albuminuria — the presence of albumin in the urine
- albuquerque — a city in central New Mexico, on the Rio Grande. Pop: 471 856 (2003 est)
12 letter words containing bu
- afterburning — a process in which additional fuel is ignited in the exhaust gases of a jet engine to produce additional thrust
- agribusiness — Agribusiness is the various businesses that produce, sell, and distribute farm products, especially on a large scale.
- agrobusiness — the businesses collectively associated with the production, processing, and distribution of agricultural products.
- antibusiness — opposed to business interests, particularly those of large-scale corporations
- antiglobulin — a serum containing an antibody specific to an immunoglobulin
13 letter words containing bu
- acetabuliform — saucer-shaped, as the fruiting bodies of certain lichens.
- anti-burglary — the felony of breaking into and entering the house of another at night with intent to steal, extended by statute to cover the breaking into and entering of any of various buildings, by night or day.
- antiscorbutic — preventing or curing scurvy
- aschaffenburg — a city in Germany, on the River Main in Bavaria: seat of the Imperial Diet (1447); ceded to Bavaria in 1814. Pop: 68 607 (2003 est)
- attributively — pertaining to or having the character of attribution or an attribute.
14 letter words containing bu
- album-oriented — of or designating a format featuring rock songs from LPs and CDs rather than singles, especially mainstream rock music.
- albury-wodonga — a town in SE Australia, in S central New South Wales, on the Murray River: commercial centre of an agricultural region. Pop: 69 880 (2001)
- bungee-jumping — the sport of jumping off a high structure to which one is attached by bungee cords, so that the body springs back just short of hitting the ground or water.
- burschenschaft — a students' fraternity, originally one concerned with Christian ideals, patriotism, etc
- businesspeople — a person regularly employed in business, especially a white-collar worker, executive, or owner.
15 letter words containing bu
- buckinghamshire — a county in SE central England, containing the Vale of Aylesbury and parts of the Chiltern Hills: the geographic and ceremonial county includes Milton Keynes, which became an independent unitary authority in 1997. Administrative centre: Aylesbury. Pop (excluding Milton Keynes): 478 000 (2003 est). Area (excluding Milton Keynes): 1568 sq km (605 sq miles)
- bullnose-header — Also called bullnose header. a brick having one of the edges across its width rounded for laying as a header in a sill or the like.
- bullock's-heart — the large, edible fruit of a tropical American tree, Annona reticulata.
- butcher's-broom — a liliaceous evergreen shrub, Ruscus aculeatus, that has stiff prickle-tipped flattened green stems, which resemble and function as true leaves. The plant was formerly used for making brooms
16 letter words containing bu
- bread-and-butter — providing a livelihood or basic source of income; supplying the basic needs of life: a bread-and-butter job; the agency's bread-and-butter account.
- bumper-to-bumper — marked by a long line of cars moving slowly or with many stops and starts, one behind the other: bumper-to-bumper traffic.
- bureaucratically — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
17 letter words containing bu
- anti-bureaucratic — of, relating to, or characteristic of a bureaucrat or a bureaucracy; arbitrary and routine.
- bachelor's-button — any of various plants with round flower heads, especially the cornflower.
- bureaucratization — to divide an administrative agency or office into bureaus.
- burton-upon-trent — a town in W central England, in E Staffordshire: famous for brewing. Pop: 43 784 (2001)
18 letter words containing bu
- agammaglobulinemia — a condition of the blood, either congenital or acquired, in which there is near or complete absence of gamma globulin and a failure of the body to form antibodies, resulting in a frequent occurrence of infectious disease.
- arachibutyrophobia — Fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of one's mouth.
- bachelor's-buttons — any of various plants of the daisy family with button-like flower heads
- bullnose-stretcher — Also called bullnose stretcher. a brick having one of the edges along its length rounded for laying as a stretcher in a sill or the like.
20 letter words containing bu
- balled-and-burlapped — of or relating to a tree, shrub, or other plant prepared for transplanting by allowing the roots to remain covered by a ball of soil around which canvas or burlap is tied.
- buckminsterfullerene — a form of carbon that contains molecules having 60 carbon atoms arranged at the vertices of a polyhedron with hexagonal and pentagonal faces. It is produced in carbon arcs and occurs naturally in small amounts in certain minerals
On this page, we collect all words with BU. To make easier to find the right word we have divided all 4642 words to groups according to their length. So you should go to appropriate page if can’t find the word that contains BU that you are searching. Also you can use this page in Scrabble.